Region 4-A

ecu

Game being held at Moore County HS instead of Motlow is a significant increase in the chances of Moore winning. That is going to be a packed house. No clue where they're going to put all the people that will want to come watch that game. Good luck to Moore and Clay...should be a heck of a ball game! 

Huntland drew a tough matchup having to come to Byrdstown. Really going to be a hard atmosphere to have a chance to win in. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Play 4 Fun said:

Game being held at Moore County HS instead of Motlow is a significant increase in the chances of Moore winning. That is going to be a packed house. No clue where they're going to put all the people that will want to come watch that game. Good luck to Moore and Clay...should be a heck of a ball game! 

Huntland drew a tough matchup having to come to Byrdstown. Really going to be a hard atmosphere to have a chance to win in. 

Huntland has no chance to win at Pickett County. This will be their worst defeat of the year. 

Clay is playing really good right now so this should be a classic!  Not sure how Moore County is able to host a substate game in that tiny gym. T$$AA must have wanted to give Moore County a fighting chance. As long as the game is called fair Clay will win. However if the refs are biased towards the home team then anything can happen. 

4 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Huntland has no chance to win at Pickett County. This will be their worst defeat of the year. 

Clay is playing really good right now so this should be a classic!  Not sure how Moore County is able to host a substate game in that tiny gym. T$$AA must have wanted to give Moore County a fighting chance. As long as the game is called fair Clay will win. However if the refs are biased towards the home team then anything can happen. 

I love the way you are already making excuses.  TSSSA and the refs won't cause a win or a loss.  

5 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

We have hosted it in this tiny gym many times before but it’s been several years. 

When you play teams in the district and region as many times Clay County has, they should be able to know what to do against a specific team.   (Beat Clarkrange and almost defeat Pickett County); however playing a team you've only seen on film gives the better athletes a huge advantage.  look for Moore County to come out fast and hard.  This could easily be another blowout for Moore County.  Don't expect the 8 senior loaded girls of Moore County to go down easily, especially at home in front of a rambunctious crowd.

Evidently you can petition T$$AA to hold a game in your gym and they did and were granted a game. The kicker is you have to give the visiting team half the tickets and Clay County will sell all of their tickets so the crowd size should be 50/50 if all is on the up and up. However I smell a rat somewhere here. No way a gym that seats 700 should host a substate game. They must think LEAD Academy is coming and bringing no fans. 

Moore County has a very good team no doubt and they have a weak region and have benefited from that by being able to host a substate game. Kind of like VanBuren County has for years until they moved in the same region with the teams in the UpperCumberland and you see where they’re at don’t you?. I know the fans of Moore County are happy they aren’t facing Pickett or Clarkrange but Clay has played very well as of late. It will depend on how they handle the pressure as to how close the game is. I can promise you the fans from Clay County will be the loudest fans you’ve ever sat in a gym with. Let’s hope the refs don’t dictate the outcome and they let the athletes do the talking on the floor. I’ve been a part of several substate games and the home team usually gets the majority of the calls. Case in point to Round 1 of your boys tournament where Eagleville vs Lead Academy and somehow they lost a point at the end of game?  We shall see.....

16 hours ago, Mc1996 said:

Cupcake schedule? #1 Upperman (no explanation needed), AA Community  (Regional Semi-finalist) (District Champs), AAA Tullahoma/ Warren Co./ Lincoln Co. / Franklin Co. ( Regional contestants minus LC ) , #9 AA Creekwood (District Champs) (Upset by young Forrest team in Region) , Whitfield GA beats everyone by 20, #2 Summertown, #25 AA Forrest (Regional semi-finalist) and Huntland (Region Runner-Up)  is young but not a slouch by far.  Also played Dyersburg, Brentwood, Haywood, Blackman, and Bradley Central,  just to name a few, in camps this past summer and more than held their own. I hope they have been battle tested by now but we will see Saturday night in the little 'burg. Good luck to the Raiderettes. 

Great team!  MC can do it!

23 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Evidently you can petition T$$AA to hold a game in your gym and they did and were granted a game. The kicker is you have to give the visiting team half the tickets and Clay County will sell all of their tickets so the crowd size should be 50/50 if all is on the up and up. However I smell a rat somewhere here. No way a gym that seats 700 should host a substate game. They must think LEAD Academy is coming and bringing no fans. 

Moore County has a very good team no doubt and they have a weak region and have benefited from that by being able to host a substate game. Kind of like VanBuren County has for years until they moved in the same region with the teams in the UpperCumberland and you see where they’re at don’t you?. I know the fans of Moore County are happy they aren’t facing Pickett or Clarkrange but Clay has played very well as of late. It will depend on how they handle the pressure as to how close the game is. I can promise you the fans from Clay County will be the loudest fans you’ve ever sat in a gym with. Let’s hope the refs don’t dictate the outcome and they let the athletes do the talking on the floor. I’ve been a part of several substate games and the home team usually gets the majority of the calls. Case in point to Round 1 of your boys tournament where Eagleville vs Lead Academy and somehow they lost a point at the end of game?  We shall see.....

These girls at MC aren’t scared of Pickett or Clarkrange. And we don’t ever get the hometown calls. Last year Summertown hosted and I believe this year to, and I promise we have more room than they do. 

25 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Good thing you aren't playing in the tiny gym of summertown.   You would really be crying.

1 hour ago, Imjustsayinandplayin said:

Good thing you aren't playing in the tiny gym of summertown.   You would really be crying.

No I wouldn’t be crying. My team has 8 gold balls and has played in a much tougher gym than that. Clarkrange for one McMinn Central for another just to name a couple. Bring your team over to District 6A where 21 gold balls reside and the majority of them have been won over the last 19 years. Teams like yours would get beat by 50 had they had to come to Jackson County, Clarkrange, and Pickett County ove rthe last 20 years. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

43 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

No I wouldn’t be crying. My team has 8 gold balls and has played in a much tougher gym than that. Clarkrange for one McMinn Central for another just to name a couple. Bring your team over to District 6A where 21 golf balls reside and the majority of them have been won over the last 19 years. Teams like yours would get beat by 50 had they had to come to Jackson County, Clarkrange, and Pickett County ove rthe last 20 years. 

What’s golf balls have to do with it? Thought this was about basketball?