King of the Hill Duals (March 9-11) Johnson City, TN

Millerj1050

King of the Hill Duals

March 9-11, 2018

@ Science Hill High School

Johnson City, TN

Tournament concept: We along with other coaches in our state have inquired about an event similar to the Dixie Duals which had been held in Birmingham, Alabama each spring for many years. In a combined effort with Appalachian Elite we have formed the King of the Hill Duals which will serve as a great warm-up for your wrestlers preparing for the NHSCA event in Virginia Beach. We will continue to grow this event moving forward to include more quality competition from all of our surrounding states. We limited our first event (March 2017) to 8 schools from (NC, TN, VA, and GA) and produced a great event. We are looking to increase to 12-16 schools or more depending on the interest. There is a large amount of interest in this event from returning teams and other teams in the southeast.

Tournament Schedule

Friday, March 9th

Weigh-Ins: 6:00-9:00 PM EST@ Science Hill (New Gym)

Weight Classes (Scratch + 5lbs)

98, 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, 285

Saturday, March 10th

Weigh-Ins: 7:00-8:00 AM EST @ Science Hill (New Gym)

Wrestling:

9:00 AM (Round 1)

10:30 AM (Round 2)

12:00-12:30 (Lunch)

12:30 PM (Round 3)

2:00 PM (Round 4)

3:30 PM (Round 5)

Sunday, March 11th

9:00 AM (Round 6)

10:30 AM (Round 7)

12:00-12:30 (Lunch)

12:30 PM (Round 8)

2:00 PM (Round 9)

3:30 PM (Round 10)

Friday: $8.00 / Person

Saturday: $8.00 / Person

2-Day Wristband: $14.00 / Person

Team coolers will be allowed each day, we will provide a full concession stand for patrons on both days and a small hospitality room for coaches and officials. Each team will be issued 3 coaching wristbands per team entered which will allow free entry and access to the floor during competition.

If you are interested in being part of this event and want more information please feel free to contact either myself or Coach Myers with any questions.

Jimmy Miller / [email protected] / 423-612-3616

Caleb Myers / [email protected] / 423-329-8654

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chase is Wrestling with his Knoxville/Heritage area squad.

I can tell that all the A teams are loaded.

We won it last year....it must of really pissed Higher Calling, Bradley/Svience Hill (Appy Elite), Nashville, and Ga Misfits off...because they are LOADED this year.

Higher Calling squad and Ga Misfits look like the obvious pool winners, with Us being 2nd behind HC, and I’d say Appy Elite edging out Nashville for 2nd to Ga.

Based on the rosters I’ve seen.

As for who is Wrestling, I can tell you that if your guessing/hoping for certain wrestlers to be representing certain areas in TN...I’d venture you’d be very pleased. Most all the guys you’d hope for seem to be here.

I haven’t seen a Memphis, or NC  roster.

If you ask me, I can give you some names....don’t know how to post rosters, nor do I have them all, sorry.

Edited by Twofdr

Thanks for the offer Twofdr.  It would be too hard to ask you to post all that.  

I am disappointed that there is no information out there.  It looks like this tournament is gonna be pretty strong.  Lots of people want to know about the grand championship matches and all that.  With no information out to the wrestling public, it seems like a huge missed opportunity to promote our wrestlers and the great things going on in Tennessee.   

2 hours ago, mat73557 said:

Thanks for the offer Twofdr.  It would be too hard to ask you to post all that.  

I am disappointed that there is no information out there.  It looks like this tournament is gonna be pretty strong.  Lots of people want to know about the grand championship matches and all that.  With no information out to the wrestling public, it seems like a huge missed opportunity to promote our wrestlers and the great things going on in Tennessee.   

Send me your email or txt.  I have the rosters and schedule