2018 Region 7A Tournament

HuskerVol04

1 hour ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Pioneer42 I will bet you a ribeye steak dinner at Lonhorn GC doesnt come within 15 pts of GF when that final buzzer goes off. Deal?

You need to put the crack pipe down it is affecting your judgement.  I hope you don’t referee while you are smoking.  Greenfield will win, but if you have been around for any period of time, you would know that Region games between good teams on neutral courts rarely end in blowouts.  I think the margin will be 6-8 max. GC is not flashy but they are fundamentally sound.  They won’t hand you the ball 20 plus times like TCA does.  Two of the teams that go home Sat could probably beat 2-3 teams that will play at state.  Single A ball is down a little this year, but Region 7 is rock solid.

1 hour ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Moore is legit. TCA turned it over a ton before I left, a lot of baskets were easy. I'd like to see her against some AA and AAA talent.

Darby kinda finds her spots, plays her role. Same as Moore, I'd like to see them against some AA or AAA girls or even AAU. Their role players played well. I pick them aznd Gleason in region finals

This season Greenfield has beaten AA-Dyersburg (Darby 17pts), AA-Crockett Co ( Moore 29pts), AAA-Dyer Co (Moore 28pts). Darby plays AAU with a very good Tn Flight Silver team and Moore plays with the defending AAU state champion Lady Silver Foxes. As I've said before, Darby is very good, but Moore should be Miss Basketball.  

6 hours ago, cradle2thegravelakersfan said:

This season Greenfield has beaten AA-Dyersburg (Darby 17pts), AA-Crockett Co ( Moore 29pts), AAA-Dyer Co (Moore 28pts). Darby plays AAU with a very good Tn Flight Silver team and Moore plays with the defending AAU state champion Lady Silver Foxes. As I've said before, Darby is very good, but Moore should be Miss Basketball.  

Please don't go there. It's an honor for both girls to be nominated for Miss Basketball as sophomores. Let's talk Gold Ball not individual awards. Chloe and Tess will both have chances at many individual awards the next two years. This is Greenfields year to go a long way please don't try and cause dissention right now.  I understand as a Daddy you want to promote Chloe but they have already voted and know the winner on Miss Basketball. Congratulations to Chloe on her 1000 points last night, she is an awesome player. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan
Added content

7 hours ago, BullShark said:

You need to put the crack pipe down it is affecting your judgement.  I hope you don’t referee while you are smoking.  Greenfield will win, but if you have been around for any period of time, you would know that Region games between good teams on neutral courts rarely end in blowouts.  I think the margin will be 6-8 max. GC is not flashy but they are fundamentally sound.  They won’t hand you the ball 20 plus times like TCA does.  Two of the teams that go home Sat could probably beat 2-3 teams that will play at state.  Single A ball is down a little this year, but Region 7 is rock solid.

So you want in on the bet?

9 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Moore is legit. TCA turned it over a ton before I left, a lot of baskets were easy. I'd like to see her against some AA and AAA talent.

Darby kinda finds her spots, plays her role. Same as Moore, I'd like to see them against some AA or AAA girls or even AAU. Their role players played well. I pick them aznd Gleason in region finals

I’ve seen Darby go up against legit competition in travel ball with the Flight’s top team in her age division, and will be playing on the 15U EYBL team this year... she’s more than held her own there. She dropped 27 in a big game this past fall at the eval period with plenty of college coaches watching her. What she does in high school is what I’ve seen of her in travel ball... her play there is why MTSU, Belmont, UT-Chatt. and UT-Martin have been at Greenfield games this year.

Edited by GCPioneer

9 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Where is the zebra from? Been waiting on a Wimpys burger for years

The fact that you would get on a message board and insuate that you would fix a game reffing is what is wrong with this sport today. You need to be turned in to TSSAA and never see the floor again if you are indeed a ref.

6 hours ago, cradle2thegravelakersfan said:

21 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Please don't go there. It's an honor for both girls to be nominated for Miss Basketball as sophomores. Let's talk Gold Ball not individual awards. Chloe and Tess will both have chances at many individual awards the next two years. This is Greenfields year to go a long way please don't try and cause dissention right now.  I understand as a Daddy you want to promote Chloe but they have already voted and know the winner on Miss Basketball. Congratulations to Chloe on her 1000 points last night, she is an awesome player. 

As an avid reader of coach T and Weakley County sports fan.  I have seen these posts and wondered how could a fan of Greenfield post things about one young lady against a teammate and team.  It is a great honor for a WHOLE TEAM to have 2 Miss Basketball finalists but to have someone from that hometown to put one against the other is a shame.  I have seen this Greenfield team play they have a chance to do good things this year and years to come.  I hope no one from the team reads this trash that  Lavar (Laker Fan right?) Ball has posted, especially Chloe and Tess, because it could be the downfall of a great TEAM.  Thanks Greenfieldfan for shedding some light to me on this.  Good luck to all Weakley County teams hopefully someone will bring home the Gold.

Sorry fellas, I do know dad, but I'm not him. I can have an opinion though. Nothing wrong with liking one player's style over anothers. Both are very good at what they do, there's no denying that. Greenfieldfan, didn't you just recently state that Greenfield had the most talented team in the State...even though you admitted to not seeing every team play...was that fair to the other teams? Everybody on Coacht tosses out their opinions everyday (who will win, who will lose, the best players, etc.). Chloe and Tess have played together too long and are good friends and have the same goal - A STATE TITLE ! Awesome having 2 Miss Basketball finalists, but one will win and one will lose (even though both are winners). The panelists put them against each other, not me. People debate which is better all the time and it just shows how talented BOTH young ladies are. Why is it ok for others to debate it but not someone from their hometown? And the lakers have lots of fans. I also like OKC and Golden State too ! 

Sounds like Greenfield will easily win their region with all the talent they have.  Funny things happen sometimes though when you have to play the games.....  Hope all this adversity I'm reading on here doesn't affect them.  It's usually the parents and adults that cause all the problems with sports. Very rarely is it the kids.... So Greenfield by how much Over Gibson?

13 minutes ago, notmuchtosay said:

Sounds like Greenfield will easily win their region with all the talent they have.  Funny things happen sometimes though when you have to play the games.....  Hope all this adversity I'm reading on here doesn't affect them.  It's usually the parents and adults that cause all the problems with sports. Very rarely is it the kids.... So Greenfield by how much Over Gibson?

I don't guess GC should show up. They have no tradition, no prior state championships and runner-ups, no Final Fours, no prior region and district titles. Just a fluke we are here according to some. Lot of bulletin board material for our girls!! Everybody keep on talking!!

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I don't guess GC should show up. They have no tradition, no prior state championships and runner-ups, no Final Fours, no prior region and district titles. Just a fluke we are here according to some. Lot of bulletin board material for our girls!! Everybody keep on talking!!

pioneer42, it's not the Greenfield fans doing the talking. Zebra35 started all this. GC has one of the best coaches in the state with Wilkins and he'll have the girls ready! Everyone knows this will be a great game between two really good teams. No one with basketball knowledge would doubt GC.