Clarkrange vs Pickett County

UCSportsFan

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected this was one for the ages. Both teams played hard both made mistakes and both made runs. PC was up 1 and Clarkrange missed a shot inside the paint that would have given them the lead with only a few seconds left but couldn’t get it to fall. 

Clay Co won the other semi final game by 1 over a very tough Jackson County team that had beaten them twice during the season. 

6 hours ago, Dingerdad said:

I'm from the Range but I will have to say the referees seemed to favor us. That was pretty obvious.  Great game though & both teams left it on the floor. Shame this wasn't for the gold ball.

Wow thank you! Gtacie Martin was knocked to the floor late in the game RIGHT in front of the ref and NO call. Same thing happened at Clarkrange in that game. Clarkrange got the calls and noncalls all night. I give credit to them though for coming back from 8 down to nearly win it. Courtney Pritchett was great tonight! 

8 hours ago, summit said:

Saw the game and thought Clarkrange had the best team , just had a bad shooting night . Still had a chance to win with 3 seconds left . Wish Pickett luck .

Chance to tie with 3 seconds left but I agree we had the better team. Shot too many 3s. Should have fed Garrett all night. It couldn't be stopped. 

Unfortunate that any of the 4 teams in our district had to go home last night. That was two of the best basketball games on the same night that I have seen played in a really long time. A whole bunch of really great players and coaches, laying it all on the line for their teams. Thankful PC escaped with a victory, but sad to see Jackson and Clarkrange seniors seasons end like that. They left it all out there and they have had fantastic careers at those two prestigious programs. 

7 hours ago, Dingerdad said:

Chance to tie with 3 seconds left but I agree we had the better team. Shot too many 3s. Should have fed Garrett all night. It couldn't be stopped. 

Pickett scores over 77 PPG. Clarkrange is slow. PC is the better team. They also missed layups but won. The only chance Clarkrange had was to slow PC down and it didn't work.

3 hours ago, Play 4 Fun said:

Unfortunate that any of the 4 teams in our district had to go home last night. That was two of the best basketball games on the same night that I have seen played in a really long time. A whole bunch of really great players and coaches, laying it all on the line for their teams. Thankful PC escaped with a victory, but sad to see Jackson and Clarkrange seniors seasons end like that. They left it all out there and they have had fantastic careers at those two prestigious programs. 

Great post!