Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

BigOrangeBaller

Job Openings for Next Year

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, ForeverYoungGirl25 said:

What happened to that flight coach?

Was apparently arrested, or at least that is what was put on here back in Sept. or Oct., and then allowed to resign. I think I heard that he is an assistant at Stewarts Creek now. I have no clue what all of that was about and I do not want to speculate on it since I don't know for a fact. If that is what happened, then I am sure that he has paid more than enough for what ever happened and is ready to move on from it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ForeverYoungGirl25 said:

Agree. But looking at the district and tournament mvp’s points seem to all that matter.  Not the total ball player

Right, it's a simple matter of looking at points, assists, TO's, rebounds to get the picture of the total player. If a player on any team has the ball and takes 80% of the shots(or more) for a them, it's almost a given they will score lots of points! What about the player that rebounded the ball, or made the assist? The points alone mentality is killing the sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holt should have been the MVP IMO. She made more shots when it mattered. Played within the offense and made others around her better. Vinson will have her day as she grows stronger. None of the three would be what I would call hard to guard, but all three will make you pay for leaving them open. Holt in particular.

Duncan stats were padded, in many cases, after the outcome had long been decided. Best player - probably. Most valuable- I'm not sure you can quantify that with only 5 district wins. She is a huge talent and could have contributed greatly had she remained in Manchester. Maybe even pushed the young CC team to the next level had she stayed. Choosing your own interests over that of your school or town is no crime, but going to Tullahoma and not a Boro school was a head scratcher.

No clue what the MC coach is thinking except maybe more pay and being able to stay in the area and not move. I don't know the home situation, but getting a nice raise without having to relocate would make sense.

As for the 8AAA regular season or all-tournament teams. Deals made prior to the vote probably explains the regular season, but no clue what happened in the tournament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, oldschoolhoops said:

Right, it's a simple matter of looking at points, assists, TO's, rebounds to get the picture of the total player. If a player on any team has the ball and takes 80% of the shots(or more) for a them, it's almost a given they will score lots of points! What about the player that rebounded the ball, or made the assist? The points alone mentality is killing the sport.

You are correct, but they dont put people's names in the paper for rebounds and assist most of the time unless its double digits and they have points to go with them. I think that she got that because the coaches felt like that she was the toughest player in the district to deal with and probably the fact that without her, Tullahoma wouldn't be no where near as good as they are with her. I am not sure that another team in the district would be hurt as bad as they would be is she wasn't playing on any given night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2018 at 8:17 AM, OldEagleEye said:

Actually its Shelbyville coach to Franklin co and Moore Co coach to Tullahoma. I'm not saying I want this, its just what I heard. I hope Franklin Co keeps the current coach. We were 3-0 against them and shot 126 foul shots in 3 games. By far the most undisciplined team in the district and perinnial 3rd or 4th place. I sat next to the coach after the 2017 district tournament at Franklin Co (where they came in 4th) and heard him say that this year was going to be different, he had everybody coming back and would compete for a district title lol. 3rd place is not competing.

What’s the word here, no new postings for either job. What about the boys job? Would be interesting to lose both boys and girls coaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, WestTNBalla1 said:

What’s the word here, no new postings for either job. What about the boys job? Would be interesting to lose both boys and girls coaches.

For SHS?  I have heard nothing on the boys job up this way but that should be a attractive job or it use to be.  At the state tourney yesterday evening the speculation was still that the SHS girls coach would end up in FC and the FC coach was getting let go. What others have said in here that sounds just like a bad rumor. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ForeverYoungGirl25 said:

For SHS?  I have heard nothing on the boys job up this way but that should be a attractive job or it use to be.  At the state tourney yesterday evening the speculation was still that the SHS girls coach would end up in FC and the FC coach was getting let go. What others have said in here that sounds just like a bad rumor. 

 

And that's all that is from what I have been told, an ugly rumor. Why would you get rid of a coach that just won 20 games and has had increased success in the program every year without watering down the schedule to do it? That would make no sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I hear MC has a decent younger group coming up.  Seen the bench play and they have potential too, but not sure if they have the experience to make a great run next year and think the majority of them will be seniors.  1 of them just goes wide open every time she gets the ball.  Doesn't seem to be interested in team ball.  Whoever is coaching will have some rebuilding to do and MC people aren't very patient.  Seems to be a lot of coaching in the stands at every game I been to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Imjustsayinandplayin said:

 I hear MC has a decent younger group coming up.  Seen the bench play and they have potential too, but not sure if they have the experience to make a great run next year and think the majority of them will be seniors.  1 of them just goes wide open every time she gets the ball.  Doesn't seem to be interested in team ball.  Whoever is coaching will have some rebuilding to do and MC people aren't very patient.  Seems to be a lot of coaching in the stands at every game I been to. 

Coaching from stands is at every school in every sport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mjuhb said:

Coaching from stands is at every school in every sport

You haven't been to Moore Co.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Imjustsayinandplayin said:

 I hear MC has a decent younger group coming up.  Seen the bench play and they have potential too, but not sure if they have the experience to make a great run next year and think the majority of them will be seniors.  1 of them just goes wide open every time she gets the ball.  Doesn't seem to be interested in team ball.  Whoever is coaching will have some rebuilding to do and MC people aren't very patient.  Seems to be a lot of coaching in the stands at every game I been to. 

Which little girl are you referring to? 

Edited by Mc1996

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes they have plenty of potential and have plenty of time to get back to substate then we will go from there. I think many folks will be pleasantly surprised next season. Not sure who you're referring to that goes wide open, but the 4 upcoming seniors have always played team ball. Stop trying to start a rift where there's never been one. Have no dog in the race but been watching all these girls play for years. Good luck to this year's seniors. 

Edited by theobservermc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×