Summertown v Huntingtondon

Vandychris

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not making any predictions with this statement, but if you guys are hanging your hat on the Summertown/Gleason Hall-of-Fame game, you'd better hedge your bets.  Summertown isn't that team anymore (in fact they weren't that team 2 weeks before when I've been told they beat Gleason by 20 in a scrimmage). Just sayin...

Haven't watched Summertown.  Huntingdon's pressure, in your face defense, is hard to deal with.  They are good at creating turnovers.  Belew is big in the middle and can play but I am not sure if she has been banged on much in our district.  If someone can match her size, could neutralize her.  But then you got to worry about Fuller, Smith, and Jones on the outside.  If Fuller gets hot, she can shoot the lights out.  Should be a good one!  

1 hour ago, watchman72 said:

Not making any predictions with this statement, but if you guys are hanging your hat on the Summertown/Gleason Hall-of-Fame game, you'd better hedge your bets.  Summertown isn't that team anymore (in fact they weren't that team 2 weeks before when I've been told they beat Gleason by 20 in a scrimmage). Just sayin...

“You guys”? I’m just a neutral spectator basing my thoughts on two games that I watched. As a matter of fact, Summertown embarrassed my team in the State Tournament last year. I fully expected them to do the same to Gleason in the Hall of Fame game. 

Wasn’t directed at anyone in particular. I’m a casual observer of several teams. Just so happens that I’m closer to Summertown than most of the other teams still in play. I was more commenting on the board chatter over the season about Summertown’s only loss (to Gleason) as being the reason everyone in 11A could beat them (not really that bad...but yea).. Not saying you said that, just pointing out that it’s a slightly flawed comparison. Course it’s tournament time...anything can happen.  Wednesday night’s game should be fun to watch. Hope I can make it. 

Dont think it really matters. They both will end up in Murfreesboro. I would say Summertown because I have seen them once this year and they are a really good team. That shooter can get going at any time and light anyone up. Dont know anything about Huntingdon, but their record is really good just like Summertown. Should be a good game, but I would have to go with Summertown.

I feel like Huntingdon is more athletic but Summertown is more fundementally sound and composed. When you get to this stage coaching really makes a difference and I give Summertown the edge. Hopefully Fillies can elevate their game. They have not played well lately. If the Fillies will put their best five on the floor this could be a great game.