Shotckock? And revamped playoff schedule

Bearettesalltheway

How do you all feel about a shotckock? It gets boring watching a team dribble and hold the ball for half the quarter. A shotclock would force the action imo. Also what about having the state quarterfinals and semis at the higher seed (if both teams ate ranked 1 in their respective region then base it on record) . That way a team that wins sectional gets at least one home game in state tournament no matter their record or seed. Example:Bradley beats east Hamilton, they get the home game in sweet 16 sectional and the winner of that game (Blackman for example) automatically hosts a state tournament quarterfinal. And then the winner or higher seed/ranking of the elite 8 hosts semifinal game, (or make it like football where top seed is host school one year (if both are 1 seeds from region)then bottom the next and so forth). Then the championship is best of 3 at the glass house. Or at least have the semifinals and title game in the boro. In other words winners should be rewarded more for winning sectional games. If they can't do this then at least implement a shot clock for next season...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

How do you all feel about a shotckock? It gets boring watching a team dribble and hold the ball for half the quarter. A shotclock would force the action imo. Also what about having the state quarterfinals and semis at the higher seed (if both teams ate ranked 1 in their respective region then base it on record) . That way a team that wins sectional gets at least one home game in state tournament no matter their record or seed. Example:Bradley beats east Hamilton, they get the home game in sweet 16 sectional and the winner of that game (Blackman for example) automatically hosts a state tournament quarterfinal. And then the winner or higher seed/ranking of the elite 8 hosts semifinal game, (or make it like football where top seed is host school one year (if both are 1 seeds from region)then bottom the next and so forth). Then the championship is best of 3 at the glass house. Or at least have the semifinals and title game in the boro. In other words winners should be rewarded more for winning sectional games. If they can't do this then at least implement a shot clock for next season...

No shot clock. Defense can come out and guard them instead of letting them hold it. Like the tournament the way it is.

Don't know about the tournament format, but a 40 second shot-clock would be welcomed. Coaches usually use the stall technique when they feel there's little chance of victory by matching up and playing the other team. A clock would force players to play and coaches to coach, the entire game. I understand holding the ball the final couple minutes to secure victory, but not the whole four quarters. Just my opinion. 

11 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Also what about having the state quarterfinals and semis at the higher seed (if both teams ate ranked 1 in their respective region then base it on record) . That way a team that wins sectional gets at least one home game in state tournament no matter their record or seed.

So had this been implemented last season Stewarts Creek would have been able to host a quarterfinal game. Wasn't Bradley Central undefeated before meeting Stewarts Creek last season in the Sectional game?

This sounds like just a way for Bradley Central to get more home games. Coming from the weak district and region they are in they would surely have a better record than many .

Edited by midtnmale
spelling errors

Going to a shot clock would virtually guarantee no upsets. Some of the little schools can only complete by working the ball around to find the best shot. Like ECU said above, don't lay back, get up and gaurd them. Get a steal or a 5 sec call. 

Only changes I would like to see in tournaments would be the ability to change venues quickly during region ,for travel purposes only. For instance last year had Rossview high and Clarksville high playing for region title in Lebanon. I mean play that in Clarksville and give the gate to Lebanon.

On 2/27/2018 at 7:23 PM, midtnmale said:

So had this been implemented last season Stewarts Creek would have been able to host a quarterfinal game. Wasn't Bradley Central undefeated before meeting Stewarts Creek last season in the Sectional game?

This sounds like just a way for Bradley Central to get more home games. Coming from the weak district and region they are in they would surely have a better record than many .

Yes Stewart's creek shouldve gotten a home game in 1st round of state since they deserved it. Bradley has a great freshman in jamaryn blair who made all region. Not many players get that honor. 

Edited by Bearettesalltheway

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:34 PM, cradle2thegravelakersfan said:

Don't know about the tournament format, but a 40 second shot-clock would be welcomed. Coaches usually use the stall technique when they feel there's little chance of victory by matching up and playing the other team. A clock would force players to play and coaches to coach, the entire game. I understand holding the ball the final couple minutes to secure victory, but not the whole four quarters. Just my opinion. 

If the other team is superior why are they letting them hold it?

6 hours ago, atrisk said:

Bobcat has a good idea and would be fun, but there's the old travel i$$ue.

All the money is middle tennessee. Unfortunately that's whAt it is all about these days. Why do you think Riverdale always gets to play in these national tournaments every year, because th ey have the money to travel. Allot of schools in the so called weaker regions have division 1 players but don' get a chance to prove themself on a national level because the school can' afford travel expenses. Everythijng is about money today. East Hamilton is a good ball club and lost 4 times to Bradley who has beaten 5 of the teams that have made it to their region title game, (Daniel Boone, oak ridge) to name a couple. 

Edited by Bearettesalltheway