Humboldt vs Middleton

UCSportsFan

So I just got a taste of Class A basketball on the west side of the state. Have to admit it’s a different brand of ball over here. Humboldt looked pretty solid to me. They don’t shoot the ball to well from the perimeter but they shoot it good enough you have to guard them. Big guys down low are solid and #5 can go!  I could tell #33 from Middleton was a special player and thought Bradford did a decent job on him the half that I seen. I’m going with Humboldt in what I’m guessing would be an upset. Enjoyed the game and the dunk at the end by 35 was pretty sweet!  

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

So I just got a taste of Class A basketball on the west side of the state. Have to admit it’s a different brand of ball over here. Humboldt looked pretty solid to me. They don’t shoot the ball to well from the perimeter but they shoot it good enough you have to guard them. Big guys down low are solid and #5 can go!  I could tell #33 from Middleton was a special player and thought Bradford did a decent job on him the half that I seen. I’m going with Humboldt in what I’m guessing would be an upset. Enjoyed the game and the dunk at the end by 35 was pretty sweet!  

Yes should be a good game but Humboldt offense was off tonight but defense wins games! Held Trenton to only 18 points in the second half & Humboldt missed to many free throws but hopefully they will come to play Thursday! Humboldt has had the toughest test the past two (2) games beating Union city & Trenton both good teams so hopefully the Vikes will make a statement Thursday!!!

Been out of commission for awhile, but I finally got to see Humboldt play last night.  As a matter of fact, it was my first time seeing Middleton play as well.  

I have to say, that in my honest opinion, Bradford blew it.  Bradford was in the bonus the entire 4th quarter and never took the ball inside... I honestly could not believe it.  Congrats and props to Middleton for finding the way to win, because that's all that matters in the end!

Now Humboldt was very slow on the offensive side of the ball last night.  I was about to jump out of my seat! When they finally started getting the ball inside to Pankey in the 4th, it changed the whole game!  Peabody was a great team this year and many props to them! 

I wish that I could make the game!

I'm going to take Humboldt in a tight game, but pull it out in the 4th! 

Go Vikings!!!

7 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

I got a feeling Humboldt will have something for Middleton Thursday night! It seems like the coaches are making adjustments according to the team that they are playing! Humboldt defense is going to be the key to winning this game & I’m going to predict Humboldt by eight (8) points!

Pankey is the Humboldt offense. Jones gets lots of looks in the paint and needs to learn to take the 5-7 pull up jumper and he will be better off. I have watched Humboldt play a bunch this year and their outside shooting has been not good for the most part although it has been better as of late. I have missed the last two games and obviously they have stayed out of foul trouble I would think. I would bet they have played more zone to keep Pankey and Jones out of foul trouble. But anyway good rebound by Humboldt after what seemed to be a sinking ship at the end of the season and the District Tournament.