Teams to beat 2018

DCURTIS

So who are the teams to beat with all the new alignments?

In AA, White House lost one starter and return 10 starters, have 9 senior starters, and four 4-year senior starters. Have a couple of lingering injuries but they should be back in about 3-4 weeks.  I like the way we look and the focus these young men have through 2 scrimmages.  Not to wish the season away, but I sure am looking forward to senior night match with CPA, finally a CPA/WH match without season over consequences.

How is everyone else looking...

Edited by DCURTIS

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, DCURTIS said:

So who are the teams to beat with all the new alignments?

In AA, White House lost one starter and return 10 starters, have 9 senior starters, and four 4-year senior starters. Have a couple of lingering injuries but they should be back in about 3-4 weeks.  I like the way we look and the focus these young men have through 2 scrimmages.  Not to wish the season away, but I sure am looking forward to senior night match with CPA, finally a CPA/WH match without season over consequences.

How is everyone else looking...

So true.  So true!

We actually were talking about this yesterday.  That sectional match was always a "who can avoid White House"!

Glad we are continuing the competition.

The boys should make a great run.  Now your job is to avoid Page (well, and Greeneville)!

I am personally very excited to see Fairview play this year. We did lose a few high impact seniors, but have a very strong core of Sophomores (almost all starters from last year - several all district players) with several great Juniors and Seniors that will lead the way. I expect them to go further than last year in the playoffs. We ended the season with some great games against GCA and CPA (CPA loss was 1-0 in overtime), but I don't think we will drop those games this year as long as we stay healthy. 

Edited by 37062ABS
mod text

23 hours ago, BigG said:

So true.  So true!

We actually were talking about this yesterday.  That sectional match was always a "who can avoid White House"!

Glad we are continuing the competition.

The boys should make a great run.  Now your job is to avoid Page (well, and Greeneville)!

And we always felt better avoiding CPA and taking our chances with Page.  At least with the current set up all three of us can make it to state if we take care of our business.  This is my last year as my youngest is a senior.  I intend to cherish every minute of it, but I do take solace in the fact that losing to CPA will not be the last HS memory.  :)

Lots of soccer between now and then, but I feel the odds are pretty good in AA that WH, Page, and Greeneville make state runs, and hopefully the gods of the random draw will allow none of them to meet in the quarters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, bigredmachine said:

WH smokes SHS.  Definitely ahead of the pack right now.

Yes District 9 AA is White House, and then a race for second place... They are really good. So far Beech, Springfield, and Macon are still in control of their own destiny. Heritage needs Springfield to lose a match to be back in contention. Greenbrier and Portland likely take up the 6 and 7 spots. 

1 hour ago, bigredmachine said:

Springfield vs. Macon:   What a shame for Springfield.  Dominate  the game then get 2 players ejected and score a goal with 9 players.  Then 2 minutes later it's disallowed.  Officials quacked this one up bad.  

Both players from Springfield and one from Macon were ejected for pushing.  Should have been yellows at most.  

If the direct play of Springfield is "dominating the game," I guess so. They were certainly quick to attack. However, Springfield was extremely undisciplined and found themselves offside a ton! Both teams had opportunities to score, and Macon should have taken advantage of the 10 v 9 situation. Springfield's "goal" was disallowed because the Referee called the ball out of bounds prior to the shot, but Springfield's player ignored the call. It was the correct decision to disallow the goal. It was hard fought game between two talented teams.