Mock Grand Championship Results

Bump11

3 hours ago, Sommers said:

What's their head to head, vs common opponents etc. offer us?

not many head to head matches, for what i could find though:

Bowers barely beat A/AA Adzima Gibbs 5-3 and Henderson had a MUCH tougher bracket as Bowers majored Zach Ward in finals in D2 and Cam majored Zach Ward this season also. luke Kerns beat Ward 7-1 and didnt even place in AAA at 132.  This by far is the closest weight if all divisions were added.

Pace- Dont think he wins there. Pace got beat by Pergande of Wilson Central who Story beat 7-1 at state and ended up finishing 3rd.   I take Story here comfortably

Sells- no head to head, but Dylan Jones-cleveland pinned Sells in less than 2 mins and finished 5th in AAA, i still take Fowler at that weight

Knight- only two matches i see that they both wrestled same wrestler is Crump from gilmer county beat Salter in ultimate TB 2-1 in same tourney that match before he beat Knight 8-6.

Knight beat Kalogeros Science Hill 9-4   while Salter beat Kalogeros 19-6 at State, so again I take Salter here! 

So all would prob be pretty close, but of those picked to win the GC I agree with them all and do think a few would be toss ups, but I only see 1 falling your way bump and that would prob be Bowers at again to me the toughest weight class in state if you take top 6 from AAA, throw in maybe top 3 from A/AA and Bowers.  This is one weight I think A/AA is much tougher than D2 is top to bottom as Wyatt McLemore finished 3rd but beat Henderson 1-0. 

2 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

Sells- no head to head, but Dylan Jones-cleveland pinned Sells in less than 2 mins and finished 5th in AAA, i still take Fowler at that

Sells was up 8-1 on Dylan and was getting back points as he was pulling back and the ref called Sells for a self pin..    Sells pinned himself against Jones so I would not use that match as an indicator.  

17 hours ago, Bump11 said:

Horst wins 126 (biggest question mark. could be him or Alex any day)

Palmer’s only loss this season was to Whitworth who put Palmer on his back twice in that match.   Noah only wrestled 26 at state because he lost to Palmer  in wrestle off.  

Whitworth wins 26... 

Edited by durdon
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, durdon said:

Sells was up 8-1 on Dylan and was getting back points as he was pulling back and the ref called Sells for a self pin..    Sells pinned himself against Jones so I would not use that match as an indicator.  

Scott REALLY?? He was up 2-0, and when Dillon used the leg defense your coach taught him to pin sells. Stop it

2 hours ago, JBoskenUSAW said:

Scott REALLY?? He was up 2-0, and when Dillon used the leg defense your coach taught him to pin sells. Stop it

I’m not taking anything from Dylan just pointing out in this match  Thomas did self pin himself..   something he did 2 other times this season..   

Just curious if anyone knows how the matches in the Bros. practice room are bt Brackett and Walthall? Reason I'm asking is bc I thought they would be fairly even and Walthall beat Bradley Williams 1-0 earlier in the yr at 220, but Brackett boatraced Bradley (77-23) in our mock GC at 195. Am I giving Grayson too much credit or are the voters going with the more recognizable name???

10 minutes ago, mat73557 said:

Is his name Sells or Sell?  And you guys can sleep on Fowler all you want but he knows how to win.  

It's Sell but some of us on here have you adopting him. Agree, Landon is DEF a winner who has great technique and is ALOT stronger than he looks like he is.