West TN b-ball

16 minutes ago, dtownfan364 said:

You're saying Fuller is faster than Greenfield's Chloe Moore & every other player in any class in the entire STATE?

If we are measuring 40 time then yes she can fly. You have to be able to do something with the ball in your hands and thats what makes Moore so special

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, Croppygenius said:

It takes great technique to put your self in position to shoot a layup. I thought we had the most talented team in the state last year. With a great coach we should be playing for back to back championships. We failed to adjust last year against Hampton and looked awful. Lowery at his best. We are wasting a run of talent that you see maybe once in a lifetime. As far as the boys we've won 4 district championships since the beginning of time! That's completely unacceptable!

then fire Lowery now and see what you get....that proves the saying....in every seat in the bleachers there's a coach....and sitting right beside them is an expert basketball referee...

Edited by cofo

11 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

If we are measuring 40 time then yes she can fly. You have to be able to do something with the ball in your hands and thats what makes Moore so special

Basketball floor is only 31.3 yards long so I guess that makes her even faster. We haven't played many underclassmen in tournament time. But if 14 for MC gets on the floor i hope we can compare the 2. In softball recruiting showcase she was a 2.69 second from home to 1st as and 8th grader and now a JR.  

Edited by Mc1996

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:32 PM, Croppygenius said:

Doesn't teach fundamentals. We're the fastest most athletic team in the state. Great coaches don't teach players how to do something they teach them why they do it. You talk basketball to our girls and it goes right over their heads.

Not wanting to start an argument here, but you've got it wrong. First of all, if you win 800 games, you ain't too bad at teaching how and why basketball. Next, fastest and most athletic team in the state? They're not typically great teams, but Memphis will send some athletes to the regionals, and I've seen some others that were athletic enough to dispute that too. Just my opinion, but too many folks take their coaches for granted...there are things that all coaches do or don't do as well as other coaches do, but to assume that a new hire would be better (or even as good) than their current coach is a stretch.

On 3/3/2018 at 10:32 PM, Croppygenius said:

Doesn't teach fundamentals. We're the fastest most athletic team in the state. Great coaches don't teach players how to do something they teach them why they do it. You talk basketball to our girls and it goes right over their heads.

If you're a high school coach having to teach fundamentals, then your girls are entering the high school level poorly developed. Now, do the Lowery's teach fundamentals? I bet they do, but they shouldn't be primarily focus to fundamentals when that's what middle school ball is exactly for. Developing players. 

On 3/4/2018 at 10:19 AM, Croppygenius said:

It takes great technique to put your self in position to shoot a layup. I thought we had the most talented team in the state last year. With a great coach we should be playing for back to back championships. We failed to adjust last year against Hampton and looked awful. Lowery at his best. We are wasting a run of talent that you see maybe once in a lifetime. As far as the boys we've won 4 district championships since the beginning of time! That's completely unacceptable!

Sometimes, the environment inside the Murphy Center scares players away. They're used to seeing a white brick wall behind the basketball goal, with people sitting on the left and right of them. Now, they are in a legit arena with students behind the goals, two Jumbotron scoreboards, shot clocks above the goals, and the lighting inside the Murphy Center has changed from years past. If I am not mistaken, South Side was undefeated rolling into Murfreesboro last year, and lost in the first round. That's the same for Westview as well, I believe. Huntingdon wasn't the only team that laid an egg in Murfreesboro last year.

Edited by TryNotToSuck

I will say this about the Huntingdon fans that want to get rid of Lowery.

North Side records from 2003-2018

2003-04: 26-3

2004-05: 24-3

2005-06: 32-2

2006-07: 29-3

2007-08: 22-4

2008-09: 17-7, don't believe this year was accurate. 

2009-10: 27-3

2010-11: 21-6

2011-12: 14-11

2012-13: 13-20

2013-14: 14-15

2014-15: 7-20

2015-16: 0-22

2016-17: 1-20

2017-18: 3-21

I don't know exactly when Lowery left North Side to go back to Huntingdon. I think it happened after the 2008-09 season. However, I will say this, be careful what you wish for.

After watching Huntingdon play yesterday, I don't even think I can consider an opinion from Croppygenius. They are a well coached, very disciplined basketball team.  Their defense was smothering and contrary to Croppy, they ran several successful offensive plays that continued to get their players open shots.  What in the heck are you seeing, Croppy?  You must have a relative on the team that is not getting any playing time!  The Greenfield v Huntingdon game is going to be awesome!

1 hour ago, BullShark said:

After watching Huntingdon play yesterday, I don't even think I can consider an opinion from Croppygenius. They are a well coached, very disciplined basketball team.  Their defense was smothering and contrary to Croppy, they ran several successful offensive plays that continued to get their players open shots.  What in the heck are you seeing, Croppy?  You must have a relative on the team that is not getting any playing time!  The Greenfield v Huntingdon game is going to be awesome!

A lot of Greenfield people are not happy. And I think it does have to do with the starting 5.