Class A draw

Greenfieldfan

4 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Don't sleep walk on Dresden. I don't expect them or Huntingdon to play like they did last year. Two good teams. You need to watch the Greenfield Pickett County game just to watch Moore. She is worth the price of admission and won't get rattled. Shame they wasn't on opposites sides. Word of advice. Tell Pickett not to turn the ball over because she ain't. 

The way I see it this is the championship game. Pickett is solid and is battle tested. I’ll be there along with all my fans. LOL

Just now, UCSportsFan said:

The way I see it this is the championship game. Pickett is solid and is battle tested. I’ll be there along with all my fans. LOL

Pickett won the championship game a few weeks ago when they beat CR. Not even sure why Greenfield is even showing up on Wednesday.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

In my opinion the 4 best teams are in the top bracket. I was hoping for a better draw but you have to beat everybody to win the Gold Ball. Dresden got a great draw and very easily could be in the finals. Good luck to all 8 teams, may the best team win. 

You are right. I feel your pain. With Moore you can play with anybody though. Nothing against Darby but you got a kid that will handle the pressure handling the ball.

1 hour ago, crazzyness said:

Seems to be a recurring theme...

The recurring theme is how year after year teams like Unaka and Wartburg benefit from playing in the weakest area of the state and are able to go to the glass house as opposed to it being the BEST teams in the state duking it out for the gold ball.  We always know if we draw one of them its a bye to the semi's, as it is the winner of the Dresden/Summertown game gets a bye to the finals!  Not supposed to happen that way, this is about getting the BEST teams to play for the state championship.  This is almost like the jr.pro approach where little suzie gets to start because daddy is the coach.  

This has nothing to do with the young ladies and the towns they represent.  They've done their jobs and beaten the teams in front of them to get to the glass house and kudo's to them!  However if its about crowning the best Class A team in the state then make it about that as opposed to just doing it by "region". The set up is what it is, Memphis boys basketball has the same argument.  There are several teams in Memphis that are sitting at home that could beat most of the field that make it to the state tournament because of where they reside, not because of how good they are.  

Edited by UCSportsFan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, crazzyness said:

Unaka and Wartbrug did what they were suppose to. Clarkrange didn't. It's that simple. Everybody plays by the same rules. You wanting the rules changed because you didn't get the result you wanted is pretty childish.

Same arguement in football every year.The teams who made it did exactly what they were supposed to and thats it.A grown man (respectfully saying man and i thank him for his service) calling these other teams names is silly and childish.These girls deserve all of our respect for doing what the TSSAA ask them to do to make this tournament.Good luck to all the ladies this is something you wont never forget enjoy every minute.

8 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

The recurring theme is how year after year teams like Unaka and Wartburg benefit from playing in the weakest area of the state and are able to go to the glass house as opposed to it being the BEST teams in the state duking it out for the gold ball.  We always know if we draw one of them its a bye to the semi's, as it is the winner of the Dresden/Summertown game gets a bye to the finals!  Not supposed to happen that way, this is about getting the BEST teams to play for the state championship.  This is almost like the jr.pro approach where little suzie gets to start because daddy is the coach.  

This has nothing to do with the young ladies and the towns they represent.  They've done their jobs and beaten the teams in front of them to get to the glass house and kudo's to them!  However if its about crowning the best Class A team in the state then make it about that as opposed to just doing it by "region". The set up is what it is, Memphis boys basketball has the same argument.  There are several teams in Memphis that are sitting at home that could beat most of the field that make it to the state tournament because of where they reside, not because of how good they are.  

So drawing South Greene the last 3 years had you thinking you had a bye to the semi's or the finals since they come from what you call the weakest area in the state?  How about Hampton last year who came into the state tournament at 22-13 and beat a 25-4 Huntingdon team by 9 and gave Clarkrange a good semi final game?  or the North Greene who lost in the Championship game on 2011 by 5 and beat Loretto by 15 the team that put Jackson County out in the first round by 23 points (Maybe that 30-3 Jackson County team shouldn't have been there?) .  If you win your games how is not about about crowning the best A team in the state?  Doesn't the best team win it if they win the games that matter no matter what part of the state they reside in?

7 minutes ago, Swipes said:

So drawing South Greene the last 3 years had you thinking you had a bye to the semi's or the finals since they come from what you call the weakest area in the state?  How about Hampton last year who came into the state tournament at 22-13 and beat a 25-4 Huntingdon team by 9 and gave Clarkrange a good semi final game?  or the North Greene who lost in the Championship game on 2011 by 5 and beat Loretto by 15 the team that put Jackson County out in the first round by 23 points (Maybe that 30-3 Jackson County team shouldn't have been there?) .  If you win your games how is not about about crowning the best A team in the state?  Doesn't the best team win it if they win the games that matter no matter what part of the state they reside in?

So you’re comparing these two teams to South Greene?  Ok now you have my interest piqued. I didn’t realize these two teams were that good!  So I guess the championship game is between Unaka and Wartburg instead of what we thought.  I’ll be sure to look for you after the games so I can congratulate you and eat crow sir. 

There are exceptions to every rule and over the course of 20 years you have pointed out 2. 

Edited by UCSportsFan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Same arguement in football every year.The teams who made it did exactly what they were supposed to and thats it.A grown man (respectfully saying man and i thank him for his service) calling these other teams names is silly and childish.These girls deserve all of our respect for doing what the TSSAA ask them to do to make this tournament.Good luck to all the ladies this is something you wont never forget enjoy every minute.

I’ve never said one derogatory comment about any child that plays this game nor would I ever!  Let’s get that straight.  The young ladies that play hard and put in hours of hard work deserve all that they get and more but so do the others.  I’d just like to see a different scenario where we can get the best teams in the state tournament playing for the Gold ball. That’s all I’m saying here. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

So you’re comparing these two teams to South Greene?  Ok now you have my interest piqued. I didn’t realize these two teams were that good!  So I guess the championship game is between Unaka and Wartburg instead of what we thought.  I’ll be sure to look for you after the games so I can congratulate you and eat crow sir. 

There are exceptions to every rule and over the course of 20 years you have pointed out 2. 

You can't twist things to try and fit your agenda either go by what you say or learn to word things the right way.  You stated "The recurring theme is how year after year teams like Unaka and Wartburg benefit from playing in the weakest area of the state" .   I gave you examples of the past 3 years how a team from District 1 has won it or been one of the 4 best teams at state and you throw shade once again.  Was Hampton suppose to beat Huntingdon last year coming in with 13 losses?  Was a 8 loss North Green team suppose to make it to the Finals in 2011?  I never once said either of those teams were as good as South Greene but your trying to slam a whole area saying year after year  we always know if we draw one of them its a bye to the semi's (which has not happened the past 3 years for who ever has played a quad 1 team, and 2 district 1 teams were in the state semi's last year). Thats like me saying in 3a and 4a football that teams from Middle and West Tn shouldn't play in the state championship games even though they won to get there because the East is so far superior  (Thats not how sports work) .

Edited by Swipes