Class AAA State Tournament

I didn't see a topic dedicated to the Class AAA so I started this one.

Just some thoughts...Most people are probably expecting a Riverdale vs Bradley Central final. I have no doubt Riverdale will be there.  Bradley has some work to do however. They open play against Daniel Boone who has only lost to two instate teams, Bradley and Riverdale  Daniel Boone is on a 22 game win streak and is blessed with a lot of height. Their 6'4" player gave Oak Ridge fits in the Sectional game. A game that Oak Ridge could have won. Here is my dilemma, how will Bradley match up with Boone's height and did Boone play their best against Oak Ridge? If Bradley can handle the height deficit then they win. If Boone played their best against Oak Ridge then they loose. With that said, I say Bradley will probably be there to play Riverdale in the Finals.

Who wins? It is time for Riverdale to finally be humans and play below their talent level.  Bradley's Howard is poised to make the entire state realize what a special talent she is. The best player in the state (Howard) beats the best team in the state (Riverdale).

5 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I didn't see a topic dedicated to the Class AAA so I started this one.

Just some thoughts...Most people are probably expecting a Riverdale vs Bradley Central final. I have no doubt Riverdale will be there.  Bradley has some work to do however. They open play against Daniel Boone who has only lost to two instate teams, Bradley and Riverdale  Daniel Boone is on a 22 game win streak and is blessed with a lot of height. Their 6'4" player gave Oak Ridge fits in the Sectional game. A game that Oak Ridge could have won. Here is my dilemma, how will Bradley match up with Boone's height and did Boone play their best against Oak Ridge? If Bradley can handle the height deficit then they win. If Boone played their best against Oak Ridge then they loose. With that said, I say Bradley will probably be there to play Riverdale in the Finals.

Who wins? It is time for Riverdale to finally be humans and play below their talent level.  Bradley's Howard is poised to make the entire state realize what a special talent she is. The best player in the state (Howard) beats the best team in the state (Riverdale).

Bradley Central has to show me they're capable of making it to the championship game.  Their coach, Reuter, has had a lot of talent for nearly a decade and has only made the state tourney a few times, where his teams are usually one and done. I think they've only made the semifinals once under his coaching. Reuter gets that deer in the headlight look on the big stage, and it affects his team.
I disagree with you about Howard being the best player in the state. She's very good but I could easily make the argument that she's 4th best in the state.

Bradley has already beat Houston this year. Same with Arlington and Daniel Boone. As Bradley proved Saturday against Blackman, Howard isn' the only player that can score on the team. Their defense is by far the bes I've ever seen. Reuter admitted that in his 8 years, Howard is not only the best player he' coached ever but also the best player he's seen play. After she got cheated out of the mcdonbalds all American team she' stepped it up. Same can be said after reuter got snubbed of the COY honors. Who goes undefeated with a pretty tough schedule (7 top 20 teams) and only 1 senior. Their 3 point shots didnt fall saturday and they still led 24-12 at the half. Teams can' win when they only average 6 points a quarter. I've only been to 6 Bradley games but I can tell they played their most complete game Saturday. If Howard doesn't win miss basketball, then something is wrong with the voters. She's 1st all time in scoring with the 5on5 format and she is definitely the motivator to those other girls. And in response to another comment about reuter, he' got a 90%winning percentage which is the best ever by a Bradley coach. And in only 8 years he' been to the state 5 of those now I believe In sectional games he's 3-2, 2-0 against Blackman (2018, 2013) 1-1 against Stewart's creek (2017, 2016), 0-1 against lawrence county. (2014). Not sure about 2015. I think that was the 1st year without Rebecca reuter and brooke copeland. So he's definitely  a better coach than he's given credit for. With so ,any sophomores and juniors on the team expect them to more than likely compete for title at least 2 more years.

1 hour ago, hohmaster said:

Bradley Central has to show me they're capable of making it to the championship game.  Their coach, Reuter, has had a lot of talent for nearly a decade and has only made the state tourney a few times, where his teams are usually one and done. I think they've only made the semifinals once under his coaching. Reuter gets that deer in the headlight look on the big stage, and it affects his team.
I disagree with you about Howard being the best player in the state. She's very good but I could easily make the argument that she's 4th best in the state.

They made the state semis 2 years ago, they beat Dickson county and then lost to oak ridge, to a coa cha that used to play for Bradley how ironic. Lol.  they only shot 25% that game. It's their lowest scoring game in the last few years. Howard was only a sophomore then so allot has changed for her since

45 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Bradley has already beat Houston this year. Same with Arlington and Daniel Boone. As Bradley proved Saturday against Blackman, Howard isn' the only player that can score on the team. Their defense is by far the bes I've ever seen. Reuter admitted that in his 8 years, Howard is not only the best player he' coached ever but also the best player he's seen play. After she got cheated out of the mcdonbalds all American team she' stepped it up. Same can be said after reuter got snubbed of the COY honors. Who goes undefeated with a pretty tough schedule (7 top 20 teams) and only 1 senior. Their 3 point shots didnt fall saturday and they still led 24-12 at the half. Teams can' win when they only average 6 points a quarter. I've only been to 6 Bradley games but I can tell they played their most complete game Saturday. If Howard doesn't win miss basketball, then something is wrong with the voters. She's 1st all time in scoring with the 5on5 format and she is definitely the motivator to those other girls. And in response to another comment about reuter, he' got a 90%winning percentage which is the best ever by a Bradley coach. And in only 8 years he' been to the state 5 of those now I believe In sectional games he's 3-2, 2-0 against Blackman (2018, 2013) 1-1 against Stewart's creek (2017, 2016), 0-1 against lawrence county. (2014). Not sure about 2015. I think that was the 1st year without Rebecca reuter and brooke copeland. So he's definitely  a better coach than he's given credit for. With so ,any sophomores and juniors on the team expect them to more than likely compete for title at least 2 more years.

Counting this season, Reuter has guided his team to State 4 times in his 8 years. So in his previous 3 trips to the State he's lost in the 1st round twice, and semifinals once.  None of the teams he lost to in sectional or at State won the State that year.  All of that in spite of the tremendous talent he's had is probably why he's been snubbed for COY honors.  Face it, with his tremendous talent he virtually has 15 built-in wins every year with the usually weak district and region he plays in.  He has won some good out of district games against pretty good teams over the years, but my point is that when Reuter gets on the big stage at State he gets that deer in the headlight look and it carries over to his players. It's even happened to him in sectionals when he had the best team.  Two of his former players that went to State under him told me that about him.  I'm not knocking on him because he is a good coach, but he's not proven himself to be a difference maker type of coach. He has another chance this year to prove he can get Bradley a state championship.   

1 hour ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Howard is a great player, but crying about the McDonald’s stuff is getting old...

She hadn’t played travel ball the last 2 summers, and that’s where all of these voters see the kids play for the most part. Bradley doesn’t get out and play a national schedule so the voters don’t see her play in high school. Brinae Alexander not being selected is as big as a snub as Howard. Brinae is on a team who has been ranked in the top 5 all year, helped win a national championship last year, and was a key piece on one of the top travel teams in the country. Everybody can’t make the McDonald’s game. Did Howard deserve to play in it? Yes... but missing out on travel ball for 2 summers was probably her biggest reason for not making it.

Edited by GCPioneer

40 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Howard is a great player, but crying about the McDonald’s stuff is getting old...

She hadn’t played travel ball the last 2 summers, and that’s where all of these voters see the kids play for the most part. Bradley doesn’t get out and play a national schedule so the voters don’t see her play in high school. Brinae Alexander not being selected is as big as a snub as Howard. Brinae is on a team who has been ranked in the top 5 all year, helped win a national championship last year, and was a key piece on one of the top travel teams in the country. Everybody can’t make the McDonald’s game. Did Howard deserve to play in it? Yes... but missing out on travel ball for 2 summers was probably her biggest reason for not making it.

I agree with you.  This continual whining about her not being selected to the McDonald's All American team has run it's course.  Grow up and get over it!
I didn't know she didn't play any AAU basketball the last two summers.  Wonder why she passed?  Playing strong AAU competition would have challenged her more and made her a better player, where she would have been seen by more colleges, etc.  She may have even received better college offers.