Class AAA State Tournament

18 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

4th best? Name 3 that are better? Let me guess all 3 play for riverdale?

Take note I said I could easily make the argument that she's 4th best in the state, not that she is the 4th best player. It's based on opinion, but many rankings and evaluations would back up my opinion.
In addition to Howard, here are five (5) 5-star senior players in Tennessee ranked by HoopGurlz:
Jazmine Massengill (Hamilton Heights)
Jordyn Cambridge (Ensworth)
Brinae Alexander (Riverdale)
Elizabeth Balogun (Hamilton Heights)
Elizabeth Dixon (Ridgeway)

On 3/5/2018 at 11:45 AM, GCPioneer said:

Howard is a great player, but crying about the McDonald’s stuff is getting old...

She hadn’t played travel ball the last 2 summers, and that’s where all of these voters see the kids play for the most part. Bradley doesn’t get out and play a national schedule so the voters don’t see her play in high school. Brinae Alexander not being selected is as big as a snub as Howard. Brinae is on a team who has been ranked in the top 5 all year, helped win a national championship last year, and was a key piece on one of the top travel teams in the country. Everybody can’t make the McDonald’s game. Did Howard deserve to play in it? Yes... but missing out on travel ball for 2 summers was probably her biggest reason for not making it.

Howard plays AAU for FBC out of Atlanta. 

3 hours ago, hohmaster said:

Yes, but what's your point?

Private schools cost money to go to whi ch is dumb that the parents have to pay for the admission instead if the state. No school should be a private school. I remember watching Hamilton heights play Bradley few years ago and bradley won pretty handily. I think that was in 2015??

I heard a rumor that a bus full of girls and coaches from Bearden drove down today. I guess they're playing the preliminary game. Looking forward to seeing the young lady from Bradley playing in the tournament but I can't pull for them. Still haven't gotten over Steve Sloan and his teammates beating Ron Widby and my other teammates in the 1962 finals. 

• Like 1

As a RIVERDALE fan when it comes to girls basketball I will admit I am very spoiled.  I do understand that what our girls have been doing hasn't been easy as they have a huge target on their back.  I don't know much about Ravenwood as I have not seen them play but we are in the state tournament and everyone is good!  As far as best players I don't know about other schools and other players everywhere but I have been around RIVERDALE for a long time and I would put Alexander in our top 5.  She can do it all she can handle the ball she can shoot from outside and she can post up.  I am glad she is on our team.  Having said that personal accolades are nice but state championships are sweeter!   What happened to Memphis Central?  They returned a lot of players from last year

5 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Private schools cost money to go to whi ch is dumb that the parents have to pay for the admission instead if the state. No school should be a private school. I remember watching Hamilton heights play Bradley few years ago and bradley won pretty handily. I think that was in 2015??

Many parents think it's well worth the investment to send their child to a private school. 

4 hours ago, hsbbfan said:

I heard a rumor that a bus full of girls and coaches from Bearden drove down today. I guess they're playing the preliminary game. Looking forward to seeing the young lady from Bradley playing in the tournament but I can't pull for them. Still haven't gotten over Steve Sloan and his teammates beating Ron Widby and my other teammates in the 1962 finals. 

Bradley girls won it that year too. Also won 1961 football state championship with same Sr. class. 

• Like 1