Class AAA State Tournament

2 hours ago, hohmaster said:

I agree with you.  This continual whining about her not being selected to the McDonald's All American team has run it's course.  Grow up and get over it!
I didn't know she didn't play any AAU basketball the last two summers.  Wonder why she passed?  Playing strong AAU competition would have challenged her more and made her a better player, where she would have been seen by more colleges, etc.  She may have even received better college offers.

I don't think she was lacking on college offers. Kentucky NEEDS Rhyne Howard right now. She will go in there and help get Kentucky back to what they once were. Howard is a great player... However, none of the people that vote got a chance to see Howard's progression as a player against the best competition, and other McDonald All-American's... So, it's understandable as to why she may have not have been selected. Was she deserving? Yes.... but there were others who were certainly deserving as well.

As to a prior statement about Reuter from someone else... he is a great coach with a great system. He gets those kids to buy into his system and he wins a lot of games.

Edited by GCPioneer

Living in this area and reading all things basketball (all levels) it doesn't appear to me that anyone that matters is "whining" about anything. "Grow up and get over it" ???? Who are you referring to? LOL

All I have read indicates that a 17 year old girl was "disappointed" and used that event to get incredibly motivated after she was not selected. Seems pretty normal to me. Ms. Howard is as special of a player as there has been in this area in a long, long time. Maybe summer ball would have garnered her a couple more votes for McDonald's, but my understanding is she knew where she wanted to go to school and decided to use her summer to work on her individual skills. Her hard work is obvious to all.

And as for the "better offers" comment, would National Champion South Carolina qualify or maybe TN Lady Vols or should I go on with all those other major top tier programs that have chased her all over for 2 years only to be turned down by Ms. Howard?

She may or may not win Ms. Basketball. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is she is already Ms. Basketball. I hope she and other young folks ignore this stuff, but if you are looking in, good luck Ms. Howard. Chattanooga is proud of you. Now back to the thread about AAA "TEAM" basketball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indian said:

My guess, the coach doesn't win coach of the year in the district due to other league coaches still being upset players leave their schools/school districts to go to Bradley. And no, thats not implying any rules are broken.

He's not  winning coach of the year because Bradley is doing what is expected of them. Most times COY goes to a coach of a team who exceeded expectations. He's had the district's best team and player for his entire tenure. I think this season he has a case. Bradley has had an incredible season, and I don' t think anyone would have thought they would be undefeated right now with all they lost from last season. 

5 hours ago, chattaauhoops said:

Living in this area and reading all things basketball (all levels) it doesn't appear to me that anyone that matters is "whining" about anything. "Grow up and get over it" ???? Who are you referring to? LOL

All I have read indicates that a 17 year old girl was "disappointed" and used that event to get incredibly motivated after she was not selected. Seems pretty normal to me. Ms. Howard is as special of a player as there has been in this area in a long, long time. Maybe summer ball would have garnered her a couple more votes for McDonald's, but my understanding is she knew where she wanted to go to school and decided to use her summer to work on her individual skills. Her hard work is obvious to all.

And as for the "better offers" comment, would National Champion South Carolina qualify or maybe TN Lady Vols or should I go on with all those other major top tier programs that have chased her all over for 2 years only to be turned down by Ms. Howard?

She may or may not win Ms. Basketball. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is she is already Ms. Basketball. I hope she and other young folks ignore this stuff, but if you are looking in, good luck Ms. Howard. Chattanooga is proud of you. Now back to the thread about AAA "TEAM" basketball.

Hey - a post on this thread by someone with a brain. A few people in his thread need to read it 2-3 times to let it sink in.

Edited by FootballFan51

Howard is a great player who has been allowed to play her true position for 4 yrs, which has allowed her to amass tremendous stats.  In contrast Alexander is a great kid who was offered by the same schools at the same 2/3 position, while having to mostly play in the post for Riverdale. Still able to achieve almost 1,800 Pts and 800 rebs.  Both will make tremendous impacts(Howard at Kentucky)&(Alexander at Vanderbilt).  They'll compete against each other for the next 4 yrs and it should be fun watching!  Don't be surprised if both make the SEC all freshman team!

• Upvote 2

I don’t think this was intended to be a Bradley thread, but here is a good article from the Cleveland Banner on the game, with lots of good info on the Daniel Boone team. 

Bradley definitely will have their hands full with this team. Sounds like good size & speed. 

http://clevelandbanner.com/stories/bearettes-draw-familiar-foe-for-state-opener,75657 

On 3/5/2018 at 9:11 AM, hohmaster said:

Bradley Central has to show me they're capable of making it to the championship game.  Their coach, Reuter, has had a lot of talent for nearly a decade and has only made the state tourney a few times, where his teams are usually one and done. I think they've only made the semifinals once under his coaching. Reuter gets that deer in the headlight look on the big stage, and it affects his team.
I disagree with you about Howard being the best player in the state. She's very good but I could easily make the argument that she's 4th best in the state.

4th best? Name 3 that are better? Let me guess all 3 play for riverdale?

20 hours ago, Indian said:

My guess, the coach doesn't win coach of the year in the district due to other league coaches still being upset players leave their schools/school districts to go to Bradley. And no, thats not implying any rules are broken.

They leave for reasons beyond their control, (move, financial reasons, etc), as I've said before it's not Bradley's fault theyre in a "weak" district

Edited by Bearettesalltheway
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

He's not  winning coach of the year because Bradley is doing what is expected of them. Most times COY goes to a coach of a team who exceeded expectations. He's had the district's best team and player for his entire tenure. I think this season he has a case. Bradley has had an incredible season, and I don' t think anyone would have thought they would be undefeated right now with all they lost from last season. 

Stone memorial exceeded expectations with several returning starters and lose in region semis?? If anything east hams coach should'e won if not reuter

53 minutes ago, FootballFan51 said:

I don’t think this was intended to be a Bradley thread, but here is a good article from the Cleveland Banner on the game, with lots of good info on the Daniel Boone team. 

Bradley definitely will have their hands full with this team. Sounds like good size & speed. 

http://clevelandbanner.com/stories/bearettes-draw-familiar-foe-for-state-opener,75657 

Makes since that the only coaches that didn't want the best 2 teams in state to pla in opening round were reuter and Riverdale coach. They should be on opposite sides of bracket anyway. The best 2 teams in state shouldn' have to play each other because that means its more likely that one of them could be upset in the semis. Good luck to all 8 teams and go bearettes

• Like 1