Class AAA State Tournament

my point ,scores against other teams means nothing,it only counts when they play each other houston may beat bradley by 10 after bradley already beat them by 16.  anybody can lose on any game especially in playoffs. riverdale could have a real bad game maybe 2 players foul out and they lose by 1,not likely but could happen

13 hours ago, ForeverYoungGirl25 said:

Was Riverdale only team to get a running clock mercy rule today? Didn’t get a chance to hear other AAA games

I knew Riverdale had a huge lead by halftime and had already started subbing, but I didn't know that Riverdale mercy ruled their opponent.  I don't know if it happened in any other AAA games.

17 hours ago, ForeverYoungGirl25 said:

Was Riverdale only team to get a running clock mercy rule today? Didn’t get a chance to hear other AAA games

Riverdale was up 35 going in to the 4th, but the running clock lasted for less than a minute. Bearden led by 34 in the 4th, but I don't think they ever got it to 35.

25 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

A bit of a surprise to not see Bradley in that final bracket, but that is why you play every game with the same intensity.  Interesting match up in the ship...

Not really surprising to me at all.  Bradley's Coach Reuter freezes on the big stage.  He could have Riverdale's team and still manage to lose at State.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hohmaster said:

Not really surprising to me at all.  Bradley's Coach Reuter freezes on the big stage.  He could have Riverdale's team and still manage to lose at State.

So hohmaster, how many teams have you taken to the glasshouse ? Not talking about when you bought them a ticket to go in to watch Bradley Central.

4 minutes ago, whoop said:

So hohmaster, how many teams have you taken to the glasshouse ? Not talking about when you bought them a ticket to go in to watch Bradley Central.

Buying tickets just to go watch Bradley Central at State would have been an inexpensive thing to do.  LOL
BTW, Reuter is 2-4 at State and he's never won a semi-final game, though he's been loaded many years with lots of All-State players.  None of the teams he's lost to in Substate or State has gone on to win State that year.

3 hours ago, hohmaster said:

Buying tickets just to go watch Bradley Central at State would have been an inexpensive thing to do.  LOL
BTW, Reuter is 2-4 at State and he's never won a semi-final game, though he's been loaded many years with lots of All-State players.  None of the teams he's lost to in Substate or State has gone on to win State that year.

Still waiting for you to tell us your state tournament record ? 2-4 in the state is better then 95% of the teams . Looks like you are a want to be coach! Probably charging kids for private lessons and you’ve never even coached in the region semi-finals! We will be waiting for you to reply. We are sure you will try to attack a winning coach , rather then talk about your coaching record ! I’d also guess you have yellow strick down your back. Stand up and be a women or a man!!! People in the know are laughing at you , because they have figured out who you are. Lifetime looser trying to rain on others peoples success!

11 hours ago, whoop said:

Still waiting for you to tell us your state tournament record ? 2-4 in the state is better then 95% of the teams . Looks like you are a want to be coach! Probably charging kids for private lessons and you’ve never even coached in the region semi-finals! We will be waiting for you to reply. We are sure you will try to attack a winning coach , rather then talk about your coaching record ! I’d also guess you have yellow strick down your back. Stand up and be a women or a man!!! People in the know are laughing at you , because they have figured out who you are. Lifetime looser trying to rain on others peoples success!

Well, I have never been a coach much less coached in a state tournament. But it is clear to me that Bradley Central has been benefiting from having a talented team in a weak district and region. Much like the current Lady Vols basketball team, talent can only get you so far. Eventually a team will need an elite coach to win the big games.