Macon County vs. Cheatham County

tssaafan

I've followed Cheatham County a bit this season. In my opinion, their half-court game has significantly improved from last season. Last season most of their points seem to come from fast-breaks and turnovers. They would struggled offensively if you slowed them down. I haven't seen Macon County at all this season but the record shows them being a solid team. I think this will be a close game that could go either way.

Regardless of this season's outcome, next season is looking promising for the Cubs. They only have one senior on the team, and she comes off the bench. Having said that, since Cheatham County only goes six or seven deep in close games, she is a vital part of their success this season.

I too believe this could be a good game.  From my limited knowledge of Cheatham, I would guess our teams are more alike than they are different.  We have played common opponents, Westmoreland and Watertown, and have beaten them by similar margins.  I know you can't put a great deal of stock in that and more often than not it comes down to individual matchups, especially when a man-to-man defense is played.  I do know that Macon will press and play man-to-man.  How each team responds to the defensive pressure will be the key to the game, IMO.

I think the better common opponent is Hendersonville.  Talking with a person close to that program, the styles are very similar.  Constant pressure, crashing the boards and slashing to the basket.  Similar size wise, with both teams having a pretty good post player.  I think it comes down to who shoots the ball from outside better and conditioning.  Macon's #24 is their go to in the games that I have seen them play.  Cheatham has 2 players almost identical to her.  One lefty and one right.  If both teams stay in the press, it could be a high scoring affair, as it seems both teams handle 1-2-2 and 2-2-1 presses fairly easily.