AA state tournament

swipper

45 minutes ago, williebgovs04 said:

OK, yes 14 for fulton is a very nice player.  His quickness and ability to get to the paint is superb,but I think his size will keep him from a mid major level. When Williams was that age I thought he was a lot further along than Lacey, and he never got the big offer.  As far as high school you may be on to something there, but a lot of that has to do with jody.

Best of luck to the falcons and tornadoes  

Exactly about Jody! Like I said before, I don't mean to beat up on the kid. It is just most times you watch Alcoa play you just scratch your head in amazement at who is really running that team. I know who most of their fans think it is.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:12 PM, TradgicallyHip said:

The general consensus seems to be when #3 allows others to participate in the offense Alcoa is a tough out for anyone. When he goes out looking to stuff the stat sheet they are mediocre at best. Also seems that #3 is the one to make the decision as to which it will be. Fulton baited Alcoa to play the latter in the Regional Final and they took it hook, line and sinker! Game over! Best of luck to them in the tourney though.

I wish you could catch some of the HS games in Memphis. Were talking about East, Ridgeway Melrose, Hamilton, Raleigh-Egypt, Booker T. Washington, Whitehaven, Craigmont., Central, Mitchell. Then you got the suburbans..Bartlett, Germantown, Covington, West Memphis( Ark.), Olive Branch ( Ms.) and Southaven (Ms.). Tough night every night in Memphis. I know I left somebody out. Oh , the privates, CBHS, Briarcrest, ECS, MUS, Northpoint. 

14 hours ago, tomthetiger said:

I wish you could catch some of the HS games in Memphis. Were talking about East, Ridgeway Melrose, Hamilton, Raleigh-Egypt, Booker T. Washington, Whitehaven, Craigmont., Central, Mitchell. Then you got the suburbans..Bartlett, Germantown, Covington, West Memphis( Ark.), Olive Branch ( Ms.) and Southaven (Ms.). Tough night every night in Memphis. I know I left somebody out. Oh , the privates, CBHS, Briarcrest, ECS, MUS, Northpoint. 

Well, with almost two times the population of the greater metro Knoxville area you would expect they could field more quality 10-12 man rosters that make up a quality basketball team. However, that does beg the question as to why they can't field more quality 60-80 man rosters to field quality football teams. The football there is putrid. I will give them credit on the basketball though, they got it going on in Memphis.

58 minutes ago, TradgicallyHip said:

Well, with almost two times the population of the greater metro Knoxville area you would expect they could field more quality 10-12 man rosters that make up a quality basketball team. However, that does beg the question as to why they can't field more quality 60-80 man rosters to field quality football teams. The football there is putrid. I will give them credit on the basketball though, they got it going on in Memphis.

One is that the last few years, Memphis teams have done good in the football playoffs. Secondly, the talent is spread out in this area. And then most school don't have the coaching and staff like they do in middle and east Tennessee.

On 3/11/2018 at 10:03 PM, tomthetiger said:

The 2015 Hamilton team went 39-0. Ended season ranked number 7 in the country by unapproved website.

They also had to Vacate 15 wins because of playing in ineligible player (to old to play) that had avg. 13.4 points a game.....

Edited by Swipes

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

They also had to Vacate 15 wins because of playing in ineligible player (to old to play) that had avg. 13.4 points a game.....

Point of clarification....Hamilton didn't have an ineligible player.  You have the wrong school.  It was Ridgeway. 

2 hours ago, TradgicallyHip said:

The answer to your statement above is due to the fact that the basketball coaches not encouraging their player to play football in addition to basketball.  Unfortunately, some Memphis coaches discourages them from playing football in fear of them getting hurt.  Furthermore, AAU has taken that opportunity away from dual sport athletes.  

1 hour ago, Icy said:

The answer to your statement above is due to the fact that the basketball coaches not encouraging their player to play football in addition to basketball.  Unfortunately, some Memphis coaches discourages them from playing football in fear of them getting hurt.  Furthermore, AAU has taken that opportunity away from dual sport athletes.  

AAu and Travel baseball have hijacked kids for the summer. It stinks that they have to make a decision like that. Of course a kid can play football, hoops, and baseball. I have seen kids do that. then in the summer they play the one sport they feel like they have the best chance of playing in college.