Graham Clark Resigns!

20 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

In your original post you were trying to say DB needs to play teams from Rutherford and Williamson Co. to get "toughened up" for the playoffs. I simply pointed out that DB is playing teams from Blount and Green Co which are obviously better than anything Rutherford and Williamson has to offer. Move one of your schools up here and see how many times you make it to the championship game. 

I will grant you that Alcoa and Maryville are BOTH tough schools, but how many times has DB played them in the last 10 years?

Well lets just look at how some of the schools in Rutherford County has done over the last 20 years.

R'dale 4 Gold Balls and a few silver ones.

Oakland 2 or 3 Gold Balls

Smyrna, 2 Gold Balls

All three are in the same Classification as DB.

That is just three of the schools IN Rutherford County.  The others do pretty good as well.  Ask Maryville how tough was Siegel when they played them in the semi's.  Same for Blackman.  I will give you that LaVergne is a joke program, but its Coach came from Knoxville!

No we do not have to go to other Counties, but we regularly do.

I also remember the year R'dale had to go to Ohio to play a game because DB REFUSED to sign a home and away game with R'dale.  That was the year we went 15-0 for the second time!

While DB has a rich tradition, it has not impressed me over the last 20 years.  Maybe now it will start to impress.

Not sure about DB but I do know SH played Siegel 2 yrs ago and absolutely whipped them from what I remember. SH also traveled to Nashville and took a Derek Barnett led Brentwood Academy team to the wire. I don't think teams from this area are afraid to play anyone from the Nashville area. Sometimes they fair well, sometimes they don't. It's a part of the game. The problem for teams from this area is getting past Maryville. But just about everyone else in the state has the same problem so...

Edited by WBNC83

3 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

Not sure about DB but I do know SH played Siegel 2 yrs ago and absolutely whipped them from what I remember. SH also traveled to Nashville and took a Derek Barnett led Brentwood Academy team to the wire. I don't think teams from this area are afraid to play anyone from the Nashville area. Sometimes they fair well, sometimes they don't. It's a part of the game. The problem for teams from this area is getting past Maryville. But just about everyone else in the state has the same problem so...

Maryville has only been a problem for DB and SH since 2009 when the tssaa changed to 6 classes for the non private schools and Maryville moved on up from 4a to play the big boys.I didn't think they would do as well but my hats off to the Red Rebels.Even with a new coach,they found a way to get it done this year.I have said for years that the talent is at DB and SH,but there just hasn't been all the parts at the right time.It can be done in this area as the Devils have proven in Greeneville and another bunch of  Devils 10 miles away from DB  just got done in Virginia high school Basketball.

12 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

I will grant you that Alcoa and Maryville are BOTH tough schools, but how many times has DB played them in the last 10 years?

Well lets just look at how some of the schools in Rutherford County has done over the last 20 years.

R'dale 4 Gold Balls and a few silver ones.

Oakland 2 or 3 Gold Balls

Smyrna, 2 Gold Balls

All three are in the same Classification as DB.

That is just three of the schools IN Rutherford County.  The others do pretty good as well.  Ask Maryville how tough was Siegel when they played them in the semi's.  Same for Blackman.  I will give you that LaVergne is a joke program, but its Coach came from Knoxville!

No we do not have to go to other Counties, but we regularly do.

I also remember the year R'dale had to go to Ohio to play a game because DB REFUSED to sign a home and away game with R'dale.  That was the year we went 15-0 for the second time!

While DB has a rich tradition, it has not impressed me over the last 20 years.  Maybe now it will start to impress.

You need to get out more bonehead. Trying to make it sound like DB was afraid to play Riverdale? Signed a home and away with Maryville but was afraid to play Riverdale? The last time DB played Riverdale was in the playoffs and had them beat until a mistake on a punt play. So why would their be any fear factor there. Yeah DB hasn't impressed anyone for awhile now but I don't think Riverdale is any better off after Rankin's exit. Kinda' make's it look like it was all coach.

You can talk up Rutherford Co. all you want and I'm not taking anything away from them, It's just that Maryville alone has twice the amount of Gold Balls as all three of those schools you named combined. East Tn. rules the football world in this state. There's no question about that.

11 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

Maryville has only been a problem for DB and SH since 2009 when the tssaa changed to 6 classes for the non private schools and Maryville moved on up from 4a to play the big boys.I didn't think they would do as well but my hats off to the Red Rebels.Even with a new coach,they found a way to get it done this year.I have said for years that the talent is at DB and SH,but there just hasn't been all the parts at the right time.It can be done in this area as the Devils have proven in Greeneville and another bunch of  Devils 10 miles away from DB  just got done in Virginia high school Basketball.

I understand this can hit a nerve if someone is a Greene County resident and a fan of Greeneville, but I disagree with using Greeneville as proof that "it can be done" with D-B and Science Hill.  Greeneville does a terrific job of playing the people that are put in front of them.  They have no say in it and it's not their fault that the state of Tennessee (thanks Ronnie Carter) has done what it's done.  However, when our state has as many state champions as Texas and Florida, something is obviously wrong.  (Follow the money)  D-B will never have the opportunity to play teams in the semis and the state championship that were 7-3 in the regular season.  That has been the case for Greeneville in both 2017 and 2011.  

Now, before you react and attack this as an anti-Greeneville post,.....it's not.  As I said, they do a great job of beating who is put in front of them.  My only point is that D-B and Science Hill won't get that luxury.  Until one of those schools decides to get serious about football from the administrative standpoint, to let the coach hire a quality staff and put the politically correct nonsense about "this is favoritism over our other sports," they will never stand toe-to-toe with a program like Maryville,  That's what they have, a program....not just a team.

22 hours ago, 32hammer said:

It was pretty funny. It was right afyer the WB 8th graders dad posted his son would be going to WB. There was congratulating posts . One of them said something like"32hammer" doesn't get it. After that same freshman rb transferred to maryville after 1 game. There were no follow up posts. Lol

So Barneysox is onthe T fighting to get the kids at WB the lockers they deserve and some schad boot licker is on here telling the Hammer what he can or can't say. I guess we see who is really looking out for the kids best interest.  By the way hammer, I know the real gov club. He's a good man that does a lot for the kids. WB would have a winning football program if they had more supporters like him. I wouldn't worry about that blowhard that tried to bully you

Edited by SdotBears
Grammar

4 hours ago, Stonewall said:

I understand this can hit a nerve if someone is a Greene County resident and a fan of Greeneville, but I disagree with using Greeneville as proof that "it can be done" with D-B and Science Hill.  Greeneville does a terrific job of playing the people that are put in front of them.  They have no say in it and it's not their fault that the state of Tennessee (thanks Ronnie Carter) has done what it's done.  However, when our state has as many state champions as Texas and Florida, something is obviously wrong.  (Follow the money)  D-B will never have the opportunity to play teams in the semis and the state championship that were 7-3 in the regular season.  That has been the case for Greeneville in both 2017 and 2011.  

Now, before you react and attack this as an anti-Greeneville post,.....it's not.  As I said, they do a great job of beating who is put in front of them.  My only point is that D-B and Science Hill won't get that luxury.  Until one of those schools decides to get serious about football from the administrative standpoint, to let the coach hire a quality staff and put the politically correct nonsense about "this is favoritism over our other sports," they will never stand toe-to-toe with a program like Maryville,  That's what they have, a program....not just a team.

Winning a state championship in North East TN can be done is what he is saying and Greeneville has proven that.  No DB wouldn't see a 7-3 team regular season team in the semi's because that runs through Maryville but in the finals that's a different story.  Hendersonville played Maryville in the 6a state championship game and had a 7-3 regular season record. It's called buying into a system and making football a priority and working to build your program into a program like Maryville.  Greeneville is the only school in North East TN that has done that.  (Playing up a classification for years also helped too when Greeneville decided to play were their enrollment aloud them)

Edited by Swipes

On 3/8/2018 at 9:33 PM, STARSNBARS said:

Waco eye haiv taked upp paintin' this wintur (beesides barns and stuff)....

Eye werked this 'un out fer ewe....."Cain A Knew Shuruff Inn Town Get Along Wif All Tha Indyuns"...???.......:popcorneater:

28870471_1805958932749777_3073222123045519360_n.png?oh=b056bb28a3cc3726ae18acdb7ea24682&oe=5B40E89F

Heard it won't be a new sheriff riding into town. Looks like Kingsport needs a hero

20ztj5g.png