Graham Clark Resigns!

10 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

I'm surprised no one closer has taken a run at Mac at GC.

On one hand it does but on the other not really.Great player.It will be interesting at the next level,he will adjust I'm sure.Kingsport might need to annex into Virginia ! I remember my youngest playing GC in the 7th at Robinson,I knew they had some athletes over there.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:59 PM, SdotBears said:

So Barneysox is onthe T fighting to get the kids at WB the lockers they deserve and some schad boot licker is on here telling the Hammer what he can or can't say. I guess we see who is really looking out for the kids best interest.  By the way hammer, I know the real gov club. He's a good man that does a lot for the kids. WB would have a winning football program if they had more supporters like him. I wouldn't worry about that blowhard that tried to bully you

Lots of good folks over at WB, I just disagree with some of the things the FB program does.   the real gov club is a good man and does a lot for the kids. the comment on FB wasn't really an attempt at bullying, it was more of a "haha 32hammer is trying to get this kid to another school and it didn't work". Some kids are just a better fit at different schools and if a kid or their parents ask me, I'll tell them what I think.  I took the FB post with a grain of salt and laughed about it. 

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, Stonewall said:

I understand this can hit a nerve if someone is a Greene County resident and a fan of Greeneville, but I disagree with using Greeneville as proof that "it can be done" with D-B and Science Hill.  Greeneville does a terrific job of playing the people that are put in front of them.  They have no say in it and it's not their fault that the state of Tennessee (thanks Ronnie Carter) has done what it's done.  However, when our state has as many state champions as Texas and Florida, something is obviously wrong.  (Follow the money)  D-B will never have the opportunity to play teams in the semis and the state championship that were 7-3 in the regular season.  That has been the case for Greeneville in both 2017 and 2011.  

Now, before you react and attack this as an anti-Greeneville post,.....it's not.  As I said, they do a great job of beating who is put in front of them.  My only point is that D-B and Science Hill won't get that luxury.  Until one of those schools decides to get serious about football from the administrative standpoint, to let the coach hire a quality staff and put the politically correct nonsense about "this is favoritism over our other sports," they will never stand toe-to-toe with a program like Maryville,  That's what they have, a program....not just a team.

It doesn't hit a nerve about Greeneville and Swipes hit a little as to why.Greeneville has a solid staff from the top down and they take weight lifting to another level and that's something I always talked about with the Tribe.I think DB has had some great coaches on staff over the years.I don't think many coaches will ever put in the hours coach Clark has to prepare a team and some of the guys like coach Watson,Holt ,Christian,Wagner and many more have been really good there.It's just putting all the parts together with a staff that works well together and winning those darn playoff games that no question could have been better over the years and not because there wasn't enough talent or good enough coaches to beat frigging McMinn county and so on.Your right,It will take letting a coach come in and build a great staff and do something that hasn't been done in a while,get all the athletes out for football as well. I remember asking if a young man running track about 10 years ago played football and I think it was you Stonewall that said we have tried but he just won't play.A great hire and a few more coaches that the players love like coach Watson when he was at DB  ,might get things turned around.But we all know it's a band school first and that might never change.

Edited by BatmanDevil