Graham Clark Resigns!

5 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Waco eye weal say thait yore knew corch duz a goodur job wif tha O-Line and thay allways seems two haiv sum big ole boys upfrunt....:popcorneater:

pee. ess.....Waco eye weal check tha Kangsport locull knews Wentsdee when'st thay haiv tha offishall anouncemint two sea if'un he menshuns ewe on tha tv like ole Clark did.....:thumb:

He was the best assistant on staff and one of the best line coaches in the state in my opinion. He might end up being a great head coach and take DB to the promise land, who knows. He wasn't my first choice but nothing is a sure thing. Who's to say an established top of the mountain head coach could just as well come in here and be a complete flop. Sometimes it's all about fit. I'll be behind Christian 100%.......until I'm not.

pee. ess.....I'm betin' he'll never mention my name unless he starts occasionally  going brain dead on the sidelines like ole Clark did.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

36 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If D-B has Champagne Taste but only have a Beer Budget then they should of came down to William Blount and grabbed Shad.

He would have settled for less pay to have an extra week of vacation during fall break every year. I'm sure DB could have afforded that.

Edited by TheGuvna

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You guys just don't understand how it works in Kingsport. I really don't think the money was tight. It was going to be Christian way before Clark ever announced his retirement. All the interviews was just a smoke screen to make it look like an actual coaching search. Oh I'm sure they got by cheaper naming Christian which made it a win, win. 

Let’s assume you are 100% correct in your assessment. Why do you think that was the case?

Kingsport has plenty of money and I'm sure could have got about anyone who applied for the job .... But It was Christian the whole time  ! 

Who knows but some National Search it was lol 

Cant wait for this New high school to open ... "New excitement " for football in Kingsport area (Colinial Heights 7th and 8th graders last year were no joke and Big Boys with some great talent ) 

Edited by kingindian33

6 minutes ago, Stonewall said:

Let’s assume you are 100% correct in your assessment. Why do you think that was the case?

It's not just one thing, there's several different reason's. Some people wanted a big name coach. A coach that's won something. Some wanted someone already in the club. A "team" player so to speak. The "club" has all the power so they picked Clarks replacement. I would say Clark had a strong voice in the pick also. The "club" had to make it look not so obvious. Their just not going to let a high profile coach come in here and upset the apple cart. Way to many ego's close to the program.

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

It's not just one thing, there's several different reason's. Some people wanted a big name coach. A coach that's won something. Some wanted someone already in the club. A "team" player so to speak. The "club" has all the power so they picked Clarks replacement. I would say Clark had a strong voice in the pick also. The "club" had to make it look not so obvious. Their just not going to let a high profile coach come in here and upset the apple cart. Way to many ego's close to the program.

I’ve had my differences with WaCoJaCo but I must admit...he’s been right all along. 

Surprising, I thought they might move away from the old staff, but Shively was brought to DB to be an assistant on Graham's staff. It will be interesting to see if anything will change. I won't lie, this hire is disappointing. However, I will be rooting for Coach Christian to succeed. Didn't Christian coach a game two years ago against Jeff Co. that DB lost?

Edited by hssportsfanatic