Macon County vs. Westview

tssaafan

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

If it is in the 30s to low 40s, I like Westview. If it gets to 50, gotta believe the youngsters from Macon Co will have an advantage. If Jones plays, Westview might score everytime they get setup and run an offensive set.  If she doesn't the press will be an issue.  Can the 4 youngsters play as well as they did yesterday on the big stage for Macon Co?

I agree.  I think Jones playing, and to what level, will be a key factor.  If she plays and is close to 100%, Macon's press will not determine the outcome.  However, if she either doesn't play or is very limited in what she can do, Macon's pressure will bother Westview and limit the post touches.

Westview's guards will handle the press and I agree that a low scoring game will favor Westview. In order to win , you have to speed the game up in the 50 to 60s. They are very good at controlling the tempo. Dyer County played Westview and pushed them to 60 points and really had to scramble to speed the game up. Westview handled pressure well and hit their shots in half court game. DC missed theirs and ended up a 20 point spread 60-40 with Westview draining free throws to seal it late.

I like Macon's chances in this game. If Macon can start out hot and hit the three early, they may win the game. Westview seemed to struggle with Alcoa a bit, which MC beat Alcoa earlier in the season by ten and at one point MC was winning by 20. This game should be interesting. Good luck to both teams

12 minutes ago, MCFAN3 said:

I like Macon's chances in this game. If Macon can start out hot and hit the three early, they may win the game. Westview seemed to struggle with Alcoa a bit, which MC beat Alcoa earlier in the season by ten and at one point MC was winning by 20. This game should be interesting. Good luck to both teams

Only reason Westview struggled with Alcoa is because they lost their senior point guard at the end of the 1st with knee injury and had to play the rest of the game without her