AA two time State Champs Upperman Bees

crow6424

1 minute ago, AllRegion said:

The block was a clean block, and it was a bad call. However, the officials missed MULTIPLE charges on Levy earlier in the game that would have changed things dramatically. Not a fan of either side, it was a great game. 

Watch the video on the Tennesseean website. You can see her take her arm with her on the follow through.  that same video also shows, she walked before the final shot in overtime

11 hours ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

The whole Macon fan section booed Dana as she received her plaque.  The Macon County student section repeatedly shouted “Levy You suck”.  Now those are classy people right there.  I am so proud of Upperman and Coach Mcwilliams!  

I will start by saying Levy made a clean block from replay in slow motion I saw. But this game is played in real time and it did look like contact. Bad call. However, if you used replay for the whole game Levy would have fouled out before the end... so you can’t just use replay to argue the play you want. Bad call or not Dana shouldn’t have acted like she did... her son chased her all around that court pulling her away. No one in their right mind can say she was in the right but it played out like it did and  it was a heck of a game!

I have stayed away from commenting on this thread or any social media because I have good friends at UHS... great people and great kids. BUT THIS COMMENT above  is LAUGHABLE and the other post where you said “they (UHS)never call players out by name and say you suck”... uhhh yeah they do... that’s exactly what they do! They make signs with kids names on it, make props to make fun of kids. The absolutely without a doubt have the rudest classless student section I have witnessed in 40 years. York Macon DeKalb and LA all have rowdy kids but none compare to UHS(last 10 years running). I have been spat on, cussed, and threatened by that student section not once but twice... absolutely my fault for being late to a game and having to sit close to them. So, girl don’t even try to make it sound like UHS has a classy student section. I want to pull for UHS because of my friends but that student section makes it hard for me to do. 

Edited by Turnadouble

The referees were horrendous all night long both ways. If those were the best referees in the state, then I have some ocean front property to sell you on the Upper Cumberland. One referee specifically, wanted the game to be all about himself and it showed big time. Regardless of whether or not the end sequence was called correctly, Dana McWilliams should’ve been thrown out. If the roles are reversed, Larry White is headed to the locker room early. The referees were scared to death and it showed. Everytime a fanbase was not happy with a call, they would call someting less egregious to appease the fanbase. Scared to death. 

42 minutes ago, AllRegion said:

The block was a clean block, and it was a bad call. However, the officials missed MULTIPLE charges on Levy earlier in the game that would have changed things dramatically. Not a fan of either side, it was a great game. 

Agree, also few walks and lower shoulder no calls for Carter as well ,that would have changed outcome. The game should have never went to overtime. It all came down to that block shot call. 

32 minutes ago, repoman said:

Obviously your mental issues effect your sight.

You're just another homer, who doesn't know the game, showing your ignorance to the world. No matter how clean the block, you can't make contact with the player afterward. That is a foul.  Regardless of the call, there should have been at least one technical called on the coach.  On the final shot in overtime, after the ball hits the floor on the last dribble, she takes 3 steps and then drags her foot to make 4 steps before releasing the ball. That's a walk. 

Just watched the replay. The crew did not have a good 2nd half. The sequence before the 3 point foul call Macon Co got hammered 2x with no call. Fouls were completely one sided. Girl for MC clearly steals the ball 2x and gets called for a foul. Unbelieveable how the head coach for Upperman was able to act and get away with it. Macon Co got screwed. No dog in the race

Edited by ZEBRA35

5 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

You're just another homer, who doesn't know the game, showing your ignorance to the world. No matter how clean the block, you can't make contact with the player afterward. That is a foul.  Regardless of the call, there should have been at least one technical called on the coach.  On the final shot in overtime, after the ball hits the floor on the last dribble, she takes 3 steps and then drags her foot to make 4 steps before releasing the ball. That's a walk. 

I disagreed with most of your posts on an earlier thread (miss basketball) but you sure got this one right!

58 minutes ago, MaconVol said:

The referees were horrendous all night long both ways. If those were the best referees in the state, then I have some ocean front property to sell you on the Upper Cumberland. One referee specifically, wanted the game to be all about himself and it showed big time. Regardless of whether or not the end sequence was called correctly, Dana McWilliams should’ve been thrown out. If the roles are reversed, Larry White is headed to the locker room early. The referees were scared to death and it showed. Everytime a fanbase was not happy with a call, they would call someting less egregious to appease the fanbase. Scared to death. 

Very obvious the refs got intimidated at the Upperman Coach. I think a foul was called most every possession on Upperman's end in OT and same contact or worse wasn't called on other end. Macon County was not going to win that game in OT. Very obvious the temper tantrum got in the refs head. And I agree it was a bad call on Upperman but I seen a ton on Macon County that went against them in regulation.