AA two time State Champs Upperman Bees

crow6424

48 minutes ago, UTRok said:

You can pick apart the entire game if you watch it on television and can slow it down. 24 for Macon walked and lowered her shoulder a lot in the paint. There were many missed blown or non calls on both teams. As far as the ending to regulation goes not sure any of you are qualified to comment on that. To possibly have the state tournament championship taken for you on a phantom call as far as she was concerned. Unless you have been in that situation I really don't care what you think. Simply just your opinion and every one has one.

Macon will be the team to beat the next year or two 24 is a special player and 10 is right behind her. If I heard correctly last night on television they said UT Martin has offered 10 and UT has talked to her. It was Awesome in my opinion to have two 8AA teams in the championship game. The student section comment earlier to me is completely absurd. Having been to all of the 8AA gyms the last two seasons they all are just as bad with the exception of MCM. I have some video with audio at Macon two seasons ago that will curl your hair with some of their language. I expect the student section to be rowdy but cussing and spitting is not expectable and should be dealt with.   

You are correct. It was a great game!

I watched a team lose the Gold from a whistle at the buzzer... LA ‘96 girls. Tiffany Krantz & Sunday Watson Era. LA up by 1 with 5 seconds...Masters straight up in the paint & the girl drove in and shot wildly and they blew the whistle. West View won 50-49. Krantz(96 Miss Basketball nominee) went on to start every game in 4 years for Auburn & Watson(96 Miss Basketball) went to Indiana. That was a horrible way to end their senior season. So, I can say we know and we were there and our coach never charged the court or touched a ref... just saying.

Last night...It was a bad call but Dana was out of line... 3 different times... period. She knows it. 

Even that being said..I can say I feel like No State Championship should ever be decided by a whistle ...ever. 

Watching A & AA on TV today I’m amazed at all the young talent that was on MTSU court this year... wow. Macon will be back, Greenfield will too in single A. 

Edited by Turnadouble

2 hours ago, Turnadouble said:

Just a little history.... just last year UHS kids took to Twitter and posted a picture of a Tornado and told Macon they would wipe out/destroy them like that tornado did on ‘08. 14 lives lost & a town destroyed ... but yes UHS joke about it. Yes, Adults should know better... just last week you had a man come down the step cussing LA student section across the gym. So, you arguing about bad behavior from any team falls in def ears because UHS leads everyone in this category. 

I think they call this a mic drop. 

• Like 2

I just watched the replay of the game on DVR this morning. I haven't seen Upperman or Macon play a single game this season. It was a very good game. Levy is very good. However I don't see Upperman making any serious noise in the state tourney with Levy graduating. She is what makes them go. Period.

14 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

They won it last year as well, beat Macon three times last year, and twice this year.  

Carter is Macon version of Levy , without Carter, Upperman can beat them ,she is the trump card. Now Macon ,White and Carter will be the hated and hunted for the next couple years. 

22 hours ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Attended almost every basketball game this year.  I may have missed 2 away games.  I never heard them chant a players name or saw any of the things you mentioned above.  It wasn’t just the student section booing Dana.  It was all the Macon fans, you know adults that should know better.  

Hold on now with your widespread generalizations.  I, and my family, while we did not agree with the leeway the Upperman coach was given at the end of regulation, did nothing but stand and applaud both Upperman's team and coach when they received their awards at the end of the game.  And I can promise you, no Macon fan wanted to win the game more that I did.

And, please do not act like the Upperman fan section always acts like a group in church because they do not.  I can appreciate fans getting behind their team, but rabid fan bases, which both teams have, cross the line on occasion.  Your fans are not the exception.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tssaafan said:

Hold on now with your widespread generalizations.  I, and my family, while we did not agree with the leeway the Upperman coach was given at the end of regulation, did nothing but stand and applaud both Upperman's team and coach when they received their awards at the end of the game.  And I can promise you, no Macon fan wanted to win the game more that I did.

And, please do not act like the Upperman fan section always acts like a group in church because they do not.  I can appreciate fans getting behind their team, but rabid fan bases, which both teams have, cross the line on occasion.  Your fans are not the exception.

I totally agree.  There is bad behavior in all fan bases.  I know Baxter fans are not saints.   All I am saying is I personally have never heard our student section chant a player sucks repeatedly.  Booing done by adults is ridiculous.  Not standing and cheering for aninjured player or taking a knee while she’s down is terrible as well.