AA two time State Champs Upperman Bees

crow6424

1 hour ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

not so fast, UHS won James C Hale state titles in 5/6 and 7/8 this year....what does Macon have coming from Junior High?

I am a west TN fan.  Again, I said the next 2 years Macon Co will OWN Upperman. Do they teach Math in Baxter? 5th and 6th grade means nothing for 4-5 years....

Furthermore, had Westview not lost their 2 best players last week to injuries.  I know they beat Macon Co by 10-15 points in semi finals.  I also believe they would have wore Upperman down in a slow game and won somewhere in the low 40s. BUT it didn't happen, so congrats to Upperman for winning back to back state titles. There will not be a 3 peat though.

I just don't get into the girls game but watched anyhow because of the passion shown by both fan bases. With that said McWilliams is not someone you would want your daughter to play for but if I was into women coaching boys teams I think she could do it. The "you suck" chant was embarrassing as was this Levy girl's "primal" scream at the end of the game. She seems like a nice kid and plays hard...just win with class. Good luck to her at WKU.

4 minutes ago, ParisRiverRat said:

I am a west TN fan.  Again, I said the next 2 years Macon Co will OWN Upperman. Do they teach Math in Baxter? 5th and 6th grade means nothing for 4-5 years....

Furthermore, had Westview not lost their 2 best players last week to injuries.  I know they beat Macon Co by 10-15 points in semi finals.  I also believe they would have wore Upperman down in a slow game and won somewhere in the low 40s. BUT it didn't happen, so congrats to Upperman for winning back to back state titles. There will not be a 3 peat though.

Here is some math for you

Upperman has two championships in two years

Westview has zero

2 minutes ago, Rade Butcher said:

I just don't get into the girls game but watched anyhow because of the passion shown by both fan bases. With that said McWilliams is not someone you would want your daughter to play for but if I was into women coaching boys teams I think she could do it. The "you suck" chant was embarrassing as was this Levy girl's "primal" scream at the end of the game. She seems like a nice kid and plays hard...just win with class. Good luck to her at WKU.

How is screaming into the student section not winning with class??? How is that comparable to a student section screaming “Levy sucks”?

1 minute ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

How is screaming into the student section not winning with class??? How is that comparable to a student section screaming “Levy sucks”?

You didn't read my post...I said both were bad and I complimented her on her performance and wished her luck. I know Baxter very well and I am sure they are not accustomed to that kind of display. It's just not that kind of community.

3 minutes ago, Rade Butcher said:

You didn't read my post...I said both were bad and I complimented her on her performance and wished her luck. I know Baxter very well and I am sure they are not accustomed to that kind of display. It's just not that kind of community.

I can’t speak to what others are accustomed to but I am not used to nor do I approve of that behavior. 

• Like 1

Here’s my thing on the you suck chant. First off, it’s kids saying it just to get inside the other players head. Now do they really mean it, probably not. Obviously Levy is an outstanding player as well as other players. I think students know that. It’s no different than the Predators games when they do their goalie chant saying you suck, which are adults saying it. So if it’s so embarrassing don’t you think Predators fans should stop saying their you suck chant? At the end of the day, they probably shouldn’t have said it, but they’re  high school students let them be.

1 minute ago, MCFAN3 said:

Here’s my thing on the you suck chant. First off, it’s kids saying it just to get inside the other players head. Now do they really mean it, probably not. Obviously Levy is an outstanding player as well as other players. I think students know that. It’s no different than the Predators games when they do their goalie chant saying you suck, which are adults saying it. So if it’s so embarrassing don’t you think Predators fans should stop saying their you suck chant? At the end of the day, they probably shouldn’t have said it, but they’re  high school students let them be.

Levy is a 17 year old girl not a grown man playing for the predators.  There’s a huge difference there. If our student section would have been chanting Carter you suck I’m pretty sure Macon co would not like it.  I’m well aware levy doesn’t suck nor does carter.  

3 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Levy is a 17 year old girl not a grown man playing for the predators.  There’s a huge difference there. If our student section would have been chanting Carter you suck I’m pretty sure Macon co would not like it.  I’m well aware levy doesn’t suck nor does carter.  

I’m sure they wouldn’t. But they’re high school kids. You can’t hold it on them forever. Like I said they didn’t probably meant it. They just made a mistake and said it. 

3 minutes ago, MCFAN3 said:

I’m sure they wouldn’t. But they’re high school kids. You can’t hold it on them forever. Like I said they didn’t probably meant it. They just made a mistake and said it. 

Made a mistake would mean they said it once!  They chanted it through out the entire game!