Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

On 9/5/2018 at 12:33 PM, dmm88 said:

Greenfield is head and shoulders above everyone in class A statewide and class A in West TN. Only thing with them is do they run the table this year. Now having said that, I think Gibson County is going to be VERY good, not on the level of Greenfield, but a senior lead team, with some very good freshman coming in. They should be at state as well. Peabody, Huntingdon, and Dresden should be factors in district and region. 

Hardly. Clarkrange, Pickett County and or Clay County will have a lot to say about that.

1 hour ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Hardly. Clarkrange, Pickett County and or Clay County will have a lot to say about that.

Single A is weaker than water this season and 7A is as weak as it's been in recent memory.  PC, Range & Clay guaranteed 10-12 wins against teams (rest of that district) that on a great day are not very good.  Although RBS is not too bad.  Trousdale, Monterey, Jackson and Gordonsville are not very strong at all.

On 9/14/2018 at 6:19 PM, tnhoosier said:

Single A is weaker than water this season and 7A is as weak as it's been in recent memory.  PC, Range & Clay guaranteed 10-12 wins against teams (rest of that district) that on a great day are not very good.  Although RBS is not too bad.  Trousdale, Monterey, Jackson and Gordonsville are not very strong at all.

Clay Co has almost everyone back and will be very strong. Pickett Co. has one of the top seniors in Aaliyah Brown and the best sophomore with Abbi Bilbrey and a very strong and deep group. Clarkrange may be a little down but anyone who overlooks them will be in trouble.

Clay Co has almost everyone back and will be very strong. Pickett Co. has one of the top seniors in Aaliyah Brown and the best sophomore with Abbi Bilbrey and a very strong and deep group. Clarkrange may be a little down but anyone who overlooks them will be in trouble.

Not overlooking anyone, just saying Single A, in my opinion, is as weak as it's  been for a long while.  Will 2 teams from 7A make it to Murfreesboro? I would be shocked if they didn't. But 7A is weaker than usual.  Whoever the 2 are that make it to Boro have a legit shot but that goes back to Single A as a whole being weaker than usual.  My preseason picks in 7A would be 1- Clarkrange, 1A- Clay Co, 3- Pickett Co, but could easily be exactly opposite of that. Looking forward to this season in all divisions.

22 hours ago, tnhoosier said:

Not overlooking anyone, just saying Single A, in my opinion, is as weak as it's  been for a long while.  Will 2 teams from 7A make it to Murfreesboro? I would be shocked if they didn't. But 7A is weaker than usual.  Whoever the 2 are that make it to Boro have a legit shot but that goes back to Single A as a whole being weaker than usual.  My preseason picks in 7A would be 1- Clarkrange, 1A- Clay Co, 3- Pickett Co, but could easily be exactly opposite of that. Looking forward to this season in all divisions.

HERE IS 7A...

Dayspring Academy (White House, TN)
LEAD Academy (Nashville, TN)
Merrol Hyde Magnet School (Hendersonville, TN)
RePublic High School (Nashville, TN)
STEM Prep Academy (Nashville, TN)
i DOUBT ANY WILL MAKE IT TO THE STATE TOURNAMENT. i DON'T THINK YOU KNOW MUCH ABOUT DISTRICT 6A...CLARKRANGE IS DOWN.

HERE IS 7A...

Dayspring Academy (White House, TN)
LEAD Academy (Nashville, TN)
Merrol Hyde Magnet School (Hendersonville, TN)
RePublic High School (Nashville, TN)
STEM Prep Academy (Nashville, TN)
i DOUBT ANY WILL MAKE IT TO THE STATE TOURNAMENT. i DON'T THINK YOU KNOW MUCH ABOUT DISTRICT 6A...CLARKRANGE IS DOWN.

Sorry was still thinking of old district number.

I know Clarkrange, PC, Clay as good as you do.  Time will tell, I'm no Clarkrange fan but they lost far less than PC did in my opinion.  

Clarkrange will be very small at guard but the Monday's & Bush are very good, Stover is very good but has never had a fair amount of playing time to show it until this season.  Howard is taller & longer than Bilbrey but not as athletic or skilled, Pile & Pierce are very solid all around players as well. 

Pickett Co will be as small as Clarkrange and less experienced. Brown is the best scorer in that district, Bilbrey does a good job altering shots and if she plays to potential is an outstanding player.  Smith is a solid guard but is going to have to play a lot more and do things she has never had to do before, Ludick & Burton are very solid, but played sparingly last year but they are both more than capable .  Evans and the 2 freshman Woods & Stockton provide some depth but it's unproven in game situations right now.

Clay has Strong who with Brown from PC is an elite scorer, Arms who will be the most physical post in the District and can score & rebound. Copass may be the best true PG in the district.  The younger Arms kid is a good shooter as well.

And the best all around player in that district may well be Fleming at RBS.

But what do I know, I don't know that district...

15 minutes ago, tigermanforlife said:

Fleming is a solid player and will carry RBS . She is 7th best player at best in district ,could argue Bush and Copass better that would make her 9th. Strong , Brown , or Bilbrey  best all around and get it done against quality opponents.

All you mentioned are good, just personally I think Fleming is in top 5.  You swap her out with any of the ones you named and I don't think they would put up any better numbers than Fleming does in the same situation.

Several good players in that district who solid arguments can be made for. 

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, tnhoosier said:

Oh my, Just because 7A may be down this year does not mean that single A as a whole is down.  4 of your top teams are out of one region in west Tennessee.  Gleason, Dresden, Gibson County and Greenfield and only two can make it to Boro.  Consider yourself lucky to be in 7A.

2 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Oh my, Just because 7A may be down this year does not mean that single A as a whole is down.  4 of your top teams are out of one region in west Tennessee.  Gleason, Dresden, Gibson County and Greenfield and only two can make it to Boro.  Consider yourself lucky to be in 7A.

Saw Clarkrange beat Gibson Co like a govt mule this summer.  I will agree that Greenfield is the front-runner in Single A in my opinion.