Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

3 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

We did. A lot of young girls out there though. Future is bright I see but it’ll be an uphill battle with GC

Yea I was not surprised that they beat Greenfield. They might be the best single A team in West TN besides Greenfield and Dresden. 

I think Peabody will improve as the year goes on. The young girls made mistakes at times but they were a fun group to watch. TCA has looked good early as well.

2 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Yea I was not surprised that they beat Greenfield. They might be the best single A team in West TN besides Greenfield and Dresden. 

I think Peabody will improve as the year goes on. The young girls made mistakes at times but they were a fun group to watch. TCA has looked good early as well.

I seen where the boys lost. I left at half. Was that s good finish?

9 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I seen where the boys lost. I left at half. Was that s good finish?

Oh gosh. Peabody stole the ball with about 3 seconds left and hit a 3 but it was waved off because it was shot after the buzzer. It was a great game, our boys went on a run in the third quarter to tie it at the end of 3. You have some great young players on your team. I loved watching the Harris kid, boi he is a great player. Hey join our basketball page on Facebook. It is McKenzie High School Rebels Basketball.

3 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Oh gosh. Peabody stole the ball with about 3 seconds left and hit a 3 but it was waved off because it was shot after the buzzer. It was a great game, our boys went on a run in the third quarter to tie it at the end of 3. You have some great young players on your team. I loved watching the Harris kid, boi he is a great player. Hey join our basketball page on Facebook. It is McKenzie High School Rebels Basketball.

I gotcha. And yes he is something special 

Peabody is 3-0 currently. I expect them to get better as the season goes on. 6/7 sophomores plus 3 seniors playing, however all are very inexperienced in playing and their roles with what was lost off last yrs team. Ladt years seniors avgd 40+ pts for the team...The district and region this year is GC, TCA and Greenfield's to lose, ton of experienced players on those teams. If they don't dominate something's wrong .. Peabody may surprise some teams as the year goes on, and with Hart as coach they will win some games they shouldn't and he will get all he can out of them, but not a ton of basketball talent from all the young kids up in high school now. Like I said they'll get better as they gain experience through the year. 

Saw Greenfield and Gibson Co last night. Great early season matchup. Gibson Co is solid, no stars but a well coached workman like squad. Greenfield misses young Darby. She's my favorite and maybe the best pure player on the team. I think old Darby is a post. She's a very good rebounder and tough around the basket. These are probably the 2 best 1a teams in the West. Good stripe crew tonight. The crew at Lexington Monday was awful!

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Saw Greenfield and Gibson Co last night. Great early season matchup. Gibson Co is solid, no stars but a well coached workman like squad. Greenfield misses young Darby. She's my favorite and maybe the best pure player on the team. I think old Darby is a post. She's a very good rebounder and tough around the basket. These are probably the 2 best 1a teams in the West. Good stripe crew tonight. The crew at Lexington Monday was awful!

I was there and think both teams have to play better to make a State run like Greenfield did last year. Both teams had a ton of Turnovers and I think GC's press got Greenfield a little uncomfortable and GC hitting more three's was the difference in the game. Younger Darby definitely would have made a difference. But GC and Greenfield both have to get better and I think they will to make a run. Two good teams in a heavy weight fight that was a defensive war. Getting a victory over the defending State Champs is a confidence builder and hopefully we will get better. Look for these two possibly meeting in GC Christmas Tournament.

Edited by pioneer42

On 11/20/2018 at 2:44 PM, Croppygenius said:

Saw y'all play USJ. How many points was scored that wasn't scored by a Moore or Darby? Supporting cast is much weaker than last year. If y'all get in foul trouble you got problems. As far as the Fillies I wouldn't worry to much about them. No depth, no point guard. Got trounced by a very average Lexington team. Fillies are a weak team fundamentally. They're not going to beat a solid team.

Toughest next to 6A (was 7A) which has consistently been the best for years.

Edited by bobcatfan300

On 11/20/2018 at 10:38 AM, NWhoopaholic said:

Summertown is also coming to Westview for a Saturday night date next month. Will have that broadcast. Where did Woods & Long transfer from?

Woods came from Marshal co where her dad taught.  He got a history teaching job at shs.  Long came from Santa Fe.   Her family originally from summertown and they moved back home.   

As gogold said we have a new coach and play a totally different style than last yr.  Averaging 82 pts per game but also getting in foul trouble and giving up lots of pts pressing the whole game and have to clean up a lot!   May get exposed at Gibson co this week....either way the Summertown Lady Eagles will not be a team u want to draw in March!  

Go Lady Eagles! 

12 minutes ago, Not1toFwith said:

Woods came from Marshal co where her dad taught.  He got a history teaching job at shs.  Long came from Santa Fe.   Her family originally from summertown and they moved back home.   

As gogold said we have a new coach and play a totally different style than last yr.  Averaging 82 pts per game but also getting in foul trouble and giving up lots of pts pressing the whole game and have to clean up a lot!   May get exposed at Gibson co this week....either way the Summertown Lady Eagles will not be a team u want to draw in March!  

Go Lady Eagles! 

Glad Summertown is coming. Yow will be treated well. Girls will enjoy the gym and the atmosphere. Summertown came last year and played us in the preseason.

• Thanks 1