Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

25 minutes ago, Ringmaster17 said:

What is going to be the excuse when clarkrange wins at byrdstown??? Quit while you're ahead, before you get laughed off the forum. 37 points....really?? Cheated lol lol lol

The only people who will disagree, will be buffalo homers. Every coach who has ever walked through those doors know that they start the game 20 behind. Were you at the game?

10 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Heard coach Wilkins say tonight that out of the 11 games they have played that 8 different girls have led GC in scoring.  Pretty impressive stuff imo.   This tea is getting better by the game it seems. 

That is a great thing. Very balanced team with a lot of depth. And they won't get tired this year. Too deep.

1 hour ago, Mw4vols said:

You’re a homer. And probably never played a game.  How many bad calls does it take to change a game?  You think Pickett hitting 10 more free throws would have changed anything?  Once Clarkrange is up 15 or 20, they can coast.   Clarkrange  two post players were in the offensive lane so long tonight, that the bottom of their shoes are yellow.  On one trip down floor, I counted 12 seconds. The girl never left the lane the entire trip, until she scored.   The starting post player should have fouled out with 4 minutes gone in the first quarter. And I lost count of illegal picks after 30.   So, to say enough said, is a bit over the top. Over the last forty years, I’ve seen many games there, none were fair

No I’m not a Homer and yes I actually did play four years and not five like most PC players and yes 10 made free throws would have made a difference because PC would have only lost by 27 not 37. Also I didn’t hear any protest from the fans of Pickett on hardly any calls so I guess the real question is were you even at the game?......Have to give credit where credit is due my friend I’m not trying to fuel the fire I’m just stating the obvious. Hope everybody had a safe trip back to bobcat country. Good night and go Dragons 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mw4vols said:

The only people who will disagree, will be buffalo homers. Every coach who has ever walked through those doors know that they start the game 20 behind. Were you at the game?

Since so much "cheating" was going on, why don't you tell the foul count, (clarkrange had double the fouls Pickett had), the missed calls against Pickett for walking, (they took two or three extra steps every dribble), Clarkrange lost a starter in the first quarter due to an injury, (she was out the rest of the game), played their bench a lot in the 4th quarter?? Face it Pickett is down this year. Happens to everyone at some point. Don't get on here and make a fool out of yourself trying to say you all were cheated out of 37 points. To answer your question, yes I was at the game. Now answer mine -what is goin to be your excuse when clarkrange wins on your floor in byrdstown? 

40 minutes ago, MrYAIFAN said:

No I’m not a Homer and yes I actually did play four years and not five like most PC players and yes 10 made free throws would have made a difference because PC would have only lost by 27 not 37. Also I didn’t hear any protest from the fans of Pickett on hardly any calls so I guess the real question is were you even at the game?......Have to give credit where credit is due my friend I’m not trying to fuel the fire I’m just stating the obvious. Hope everybody had a safe trip back to bobcat country. Good night and go Dragons 

If you didn’t hear Pickett county fans voicing their disgust and frustration with officiating, you obviously weren’t there

2 minutes ago, Ringmaster17 said:

Since so much "cheating" was going on, why don't you tell the foul count, (clarkrange had double the fouls Pickett had), the missed calls against Pickett for walking, (they took two or three extra steps every dribble), Clarkrange lost a starter in the first quarter due to an injury, (she was out the rest of the game), played their bench a lot in the 4th quarter?? Face it Pickett is down this year. Happens to everyone at some point. Don't get on here and make a fool out of yourself trying to say you all were cheated out of 37 points. To answer your question, yes I was at the game. Now answer mine -what is goin to be your excuse when clarkrange wins on your floor in byrdstown? 

I’m not from Pickett county. I don’t know anyone from either school. But, I do go to a lot of games across middle and east tn. I try to watch the best games I can.  Sadly, the officials didn’t allow this game to be one

Clarkrange is a tough place to play as it is in Pickett County. Both teams are hard to beat on their home floors so we will see how things shake out in round 2.  Clay County will have a say in this district as well at some point but right now the question is just how good “IS” Clarkrange?  Right now IMO they are in a league of their own in Class A girls basketball in the state of Tennessee. 

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clarkrange is a tough place to play as it is in Pickett County. Both teams are hard to beat on their home floors so we will see how things shake out in round 2.  Clay County will have a say in this district as well at some point but right now the question is just how good “IS” Clarkrange?  Right now IMO they are in a league of their own in Class A girls basketball in the state of Tennessee. 

We played them this summer. Yeah they are good. But being in a league of their own is a little bit of a stretch. May be in a league of their own in your neck of the woods. But if you think they will just walk out on the floor and Greenfield and GC will lay down your wrong. GC shut down Moore and Darby. You think Clarkrange's two sisters are better than them?

I was there, i saw everything that happened, how many lay-ups where missed, how many free throw where missed, how many missed calls there was. but at the end of the day, Clarkrange had a better team, they are a better team. No other excuses could be made. Pickett didn't come to play & had no chance beating them playing like they did. All they can do is put it behind them, practice, and be ready for them when they come to Pickett

• Like 1