Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

14 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

I’m sure they’ll pick you up on their bandwagon if you’re looking to jump off of that Jackson County bandwagon you have been driving for the past decade...

You are exactly right, It’s really kinda funny. That may be the first time in 10 years UCSportsFan and I agree on something.  Ha

Edited by Greenfieldfan

On 12/13/2018 at 9:56 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Arlington?  Never heard of this school is it new?   Will that help Greenfield come tournament knowing that Arlington is better than Stone Memorial?  Is the same Dresden team you mentioned in your prior post, being one of the top teams in Class A,  the same one that just got beat by Clarkrange by 37 points a couple of weeks ago?  

Why would you bring up beating Dresden by 37 points but fail to mention that Clarkrange beat a Dresden team of 6 players that had just played an hour before playing a fresh Clarkrange team. One of their main players got injured in the first game & wasn't able to play & another one got hurt the week before & out for the season with a torn ACL, another with mono & another girl tore her ACL the morning of the game. Saw a comment about Clarkrange keeping their starters in thats what I noticed in our game. The Monday twins played nearly the entire game. Dresden is short staffed right now but those 7 are playing good ball right now. I'll admit that Clarkrange would have probably beat a healthy Dresden team but it wouldn't have been by 30+ points.

Edited by dtownfan364

On 12/14/2018 at 11:46 AM, AllVolHere said:

I wouldn't brag about beating Dresden. You played a team that only had 6 suited up and 3 of those girls were sick or injured. Not to mention you played them after they had just played a game a hour before. Clarkrange is very good but their problem will be matching up with teams with size. They had no post game but for sure can light it up from the outside. The Monday twins are the team and probably two of the best in Single A right now.

I didn't play anyone and Clarkrange is not my team. Chloe Howard does just fine at post and Reece Stover gets plenty of rebounds. The Monday twins can drive in on anyone. 

On 12/14/2018 at 11:52 AM, LadyCavsFan said:

I was replying to the person that said they would like to see Clarkrange play "on a big court".   My response was they had 7-8 state championships and they had played on plenty of "big courts".   I know the history of basketball in this region and Clarkrange is definitely at the top of my class A rankings.  Don't let the loss to Stone fool you.  That is a HUGE AAA team that was picked first in our district preseason.   Cookeville has played the Buffaloes twice this summer and they are a very good team.  

Right...Clarkrange teams have played on the big court at Murfreesboro in 23 different state tournaments.

On 12/14/2018 at 4:37 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Greenfield is not only the favorite they are the champs. Until defeated they are the team to beat.  

Yes they are last year's champions...as for until they lose...Gibson co  52 Greenfield 47; Jackson South Side 59 Greenfield 50;  Arlington 59 Greenfield 57. Greenfield also doesn't have the toughest schedule as claimed. They have the 29th toughest and Jackson County, Clarkrange, Monterey and Pickett County all have tougher schedules.

On 12/13/2018 at 8:58 PM, Greenfieldfan said:

I see your IMO but don't go there my friend. Gibson County is improving every game and is just as good as Clark Range. Greenfield will have the two best players on the court no matter who they play and that includes Clark Range.  Both could be nominated Miss Basketball again this year.

Just be glad Clark Range is in with Jackson County (0-10) and this is the weakest district they have had in many many years. I never thought I would ever see Jackson County 0-10 on the season. Clark Range is a lock to make it to state. 

Region 7 has 4 of the top 6 or 8 teams in the state. Greenfield, Gibson County, Gleason and Dresden and all 4 will fight it out and its sad that only two will make it to state. 

You could also say Greenfield should be glad to be in with Lake Co 2-7, South Fulton 2-7 and Union City 4-7 and in a weak district. But you don't measure a district by its weak teams, you look at their strong teams. Our district always has 3 or 4 tough teams...usually 3. This year Clarkrange, Clay Co and Pickett Co are all strong. It is also sad that only 2 will make the state. Pickett co. could split with Clay Co (they already beat Clay) and lose again to Clarkrange and lose to Clay co in the 2nd round of the region and their season could end 26-4. If they beat Clay again and lose in the region 2nd round they could go home with a 27-3 record. 

33 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Yes they are last year's champions...as for until they lose...Gibson co  52 Greenfield 47; Jackson South Side 59 Greenfield 50;  Arlington 59 Greenfield 57. Greenfield also doesn't have the toughest schedule as claimed. They have the 29th toughest and Jackson County, Clarkrange, Monterey and Pickett County all have tougher schedules.

Until Greenfield is put out of the tournament and their season ended they are the defending champs and deserve that respect. 

• Thanks 1

Greenfield 47

Dresden 18

Almost halftime. Awesome half of basketball. Chloe 22 Tess 14 everybody contributing. Keep it up girls.

I know bobcat, Greenfield still can’t compete with Clark Range but we are improving every game. Who knows CR might not make it out of region again like last year and we might just slip up again. By the way bobcat our two Miss Basketballs had 27 points each before coach pulled them.  

Edited by Greenfieldfan