Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

Lots of good teams in Single A this year in both the east and west.  Looks like more west tennessee bball fans post on coach t than in the east. Region 7 is loaded but so is Region 3.  State tournament is going to be fun. Huntingdon, Greenfield, GC, Gleason, TCA and Peabody are all going to be tough outs but don't forget about Clarkrange, Pickett County, Summertown, North Greene and Tellico Plains.  Just because their fans aren't as vocal on the T doesn't mean these girls can't hoop!  2019 is going to be fun!

Right now, I'd take Gibson County over Greenfield, and the main reason being because GC has kids who will make the 50/50 plays and they are tougher to defend. All 5 players are threats to score. With Greenfield, you know where those points are coming from, and they can be slowed down IF that team is fundamentally sound and sticks to the game plan.

15 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

Right now, I'd take Gibson County over Greenfield, and the main reason being because GC has kids who will make the 50/50 plays and they are tougher to defend. All 5 players are threats to score. With Greenfield, you know where those points are coming from, and they can be slowed down IF that team is fundamentally sound and sticks to the game plan.

You slow Chloe and Tess down you have a good chance against them I agree.

56 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You slow Chloe and Tess down you have a good chance against them I agree.

Greenfields starting 5 are pretty solid. Depth is a problem. Young Darby still not near 100% especially on defense. Both Gibson Co and Greenfield are great well coached teams that could play for the district and state championship both!

12 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Greenfields starting 5 are pretty solid. Depth is a problem. Young Darby still not near 100% especially on defense. Both Gibson Co and Greenfield are great well coached teams that could play for the district and state championship both!

Clarkrange is tough as well. Summertown.....

Gibson County and Clark Range should be 1 2 in the poll when it comes out.  Greenfield is looking for depth while playing a bunch of young girls, Edie Darby is back and Greenfield has 5 solid players now. We are a much better team than early but Gibson County is much better as well. I would love to see Pickett County, Clark Range, Gibson County and Greenfield make state and they very well could.

Can't comment on Clarkrange, but Summertown is tough and will contend for regional title.  They are more up tempo, but they still defend well and they are deep and tough.  Loretto is right there with them.  They lost their 2nd leading scorer to a knee injury, so they are seeing who will pick up the slack.  Summertown got them pretty good the other night, but Loretto played really bad.  Loretto cut it to one point late in the 3rd but could not get on top.  Summertown made a mini run and Loretto did not respond.   These 2 will probably face off 4 more times, so we will see how that goes.  They both have very good teams that may make it to the state.  

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:39 PM, Jaychapman said:

Always wonder why same teams are represented  at state do other teams just not get kids go out or less important or bad coaching any comments 

If I had to label it with one word, I'd say tradition. Young kids grow up dreaming of wearing the uni's, playing in the big games, ect… current players expect to be in contention, and believe in the coaches... coaches have learned what to focus on, and what to expect from the kids in high pressure situations. Many different small details have to come together to have a "dream season" , and those who do it on a regular basis have keyed in on the important ones to teach. Add the fact that kids will migrate to these programs, community support is constant, and that other teams  respect the traditions, and the ingredients are complete.

17 hours ago, tradertwo said:

If I had to label it with one word, I'd say tradition. Young kids grow up dreaming of wearing the uni's, playing in the big games, ect… current players expect to be in contention, and believe in the coaches... coaches have learned what to focus on, and what to expect from the kids in high pressure situations. Many different small details have to come together to have a "dream season" , and those who do it on a regular basis have keyed in on the important ones to teach. Add the fact that kids will migrate to these programs, community support is constant, and that other teams  respect the traditions, and the ingredients are complete.

Couldn't have said it any better!  

Amen!