Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

On 12/22/2018 at 11:33 AM, dmm88 said:

Hats off to Greenfield......great basketball team. Very surprised they came out in a press early (hurt them offensively because they no legs on a few shots). They have to figure out a way to get Edie more involved on the offensive end, they need that 3rd scorer. Also great for them playing a tough, grueling schedule early. 4 losses (Arlington, GC, SS twice) which will greatly benefit them come tourney time. 

You are absolutely right. Didn’t understand why we stuck with press so long because they had easy layups and got every offensive rebound. Our bright spot was the Hazelwood girl at post, her best game this year. Edie will be fine by tournament time and she is doing more each game. As I said before the season we may lose 4 or 5 games but games like last night help you. We almost beat a good AA team on an off night. 

17 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

When you lose a game by 37 to a district foe that tells me all I need to know about Pickett County. Clark Range is the team for n 6A. 

What can you tell about a team by reading a score on a website?   Unless you were there, you can’t make any kind of informed decision. Tell us what you learned from a game between two teams you’ve never seen play

30 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

When you lose a game by 37 to a district foe that tells me all I need to know about Pickett County. Clark Range is the team for n 6A. 

Remind all of us who greenfield played in the finals last year.  I believe that team lost both regular season games to Clarkrange. In fact, Clarkrange last two losses last year were to two teams they swept in regular season.  

I haven't posted in awhile on CoachT. Unless something ridiculous happens,   Gibson County is the best team PERIOD in West Tennessee.  If they can stay healthy,  they will have a good shot at a Gold Ball! We have played the toughest schedule, bar none in West Tennessee. We beat Westview twice, (one was a beat down,the other on their floor), Dyersburg, South Side, McNairy County, Greenfield, Gleason, and Sommertown. If you didn't notice,  alot are AA schools, or defending champions. Go Lady Pioneers! We for sure have the best Coach in West Tennessee in Coach Wilkins. 

53 minutes ago, gcfan2 said:

I haven't posted in awhile on CoachT. Unless something ridiculous happens,   Gibson County is the best team PERIOD in West Tennessee.  If they can stay healthy,  they will have a good shot at a Gold Ball! We have played the toughest schedule, bar none in West Tennessee. We beat Westview twice, (one was a beat down,the other on their floor), Dyersburg, South Side, McNairy County, Greenfield, Gleason, and Sommertown. If you didn't notice,  alot are AA schools, or defending champions. Go Lady Pioneers! We for sure have the best Coach in West Tennessee in Coach Wilkins. 

Even as a Summertown fan , have to agree there's no reason GC shouldn't be ranked #1.   Either way , this is setting up to be a fun Feb and March!    There a lot of really good basketball teams with really good coaching as far as the "contenders " go!   

3 minutes ago, Not1toFwith said:

Even as a Summertown fan , have to agree there's no reason GC shouldn't be ranked #1.   Either way , this is setting up to be a fun Feb and March!    There a lot of really good basketball teams with really good coaching as far as the "contenders " go!   

You are correct.  There's too many games left. As the season goes on too many things can happen. On any given day any of the teams I mentioned could have beaten GC. Summertown does scare me a little bit I must say. Any team can have a bad game.  I've watched GC for many years with an undefeated regular season, or 1 loss go to the Boro and get sent home! It should be exciting. 

3 hours ago, gcfan2 said:

I was thinking today. This is probably the toughest schedule as well as AAU spring schedule they played maybe ever. If we stay healthy like you said and play every possession like our last I like our chances. Probably the best team defensive team I have seen in a while maybe ever over there. Held Westview to 8 points in the 2nd Half.

4 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

Remind all of us who greenfield played in the finals last year.  I believe that team lost both regular season games to Clarkrange. In fact, Clarkrange last two losses last year were to two teams they swept in regular season.  

Greenfield played Summertown in the finals, and Summertown never play Clarkrange.