Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

9 hours ago, Not1toFwith said:

So how u really feel abt um?

but I did notice they have played 0 teams in top 25 

I have no opinion one way or the other until they play a good team. Playing Home school teams and the local private schools are not going to do them any good come tournament time but it does look good for the stats. 

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I have no opinion one way or the other until they play a good team. Playing Home school teams and the local private schools are not going to do them any good come tournament time but it does look good for the stats. 

I don't know anything abt them or any of those teams or have any idea who might represent the east this yr.    

IMO I'd have to say Greenfield, Gibson co, Clarkrange, Pickett , Loretto and Summertown should be the front runners to get to MBoro at this point in the season but as we all know , anything can happen in Feb & March 

Edited by Not1toFwith

56 minutes ago, Not1toFwith said:

I don't know anything abt them or any of those teams or have any idea who might represent the east this yr.    

IMO I'd have to say Greenfield, Gibson co, Clarkrange, Pickett , Loretto and Summertown should be the front runners to get to MBoro at this point in the season but as we all know , anything can happen in Feb & March 

Tellico has two really good senior guards, that’s about all I know, the point guard is really good probably around 5.11 she can score. They should make it to state pretty easy because the district and region they are in is very week this year. But I don’t know how they stack up to the teams you mentioned.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Tellico has two really good senior guards, that’s about all I know, the point guard is really good probably around 5.11 she can score. They should make it to state pretty easy because the district and region they are in is very week this year. But I don’t know how they stack up to the teams you mentioned.

Ask the ranked 3 A teams Tellico Plains beat this summer, they stack up. Yes district is weak, region not so much. The 4th place team Midway, just gave Clarkrange big scare, Midway missed double digit free throws. They are deep past the two seniors. Couple of 5'11" freshman who can play now for anyone. North Green will also have something to say at the Boro! Obviously not being from the West these teams have no validity on here, but everyone that does their homework knows.

On 12/30/2018 at 4:12 PM, pioneer42 said:

I was thinking today. This is probably the toughest schedule as well as AAU spring schedule they played maybe ever. If we stay healthy like you said and play every possession like our last I like our chances. Probably the best team defensive team I have seen in a while maybe ever over there. Held Westview to 8 points in the 2nd Half.

Yeah. I have followed Gibson County for about 20 years. Coach Wilkins definatly set a pretty tough summer and regular season schedule.  I just hope we don't lay an egg against a team that we clearly should beat or have one of our key players go down with injury.  I witnessed it about 2-3 years ago when Riverside pulled a huge upset in our gym in a substate game. That stung for quite a while. Still a lot of games to be played between now and then. We'll see.  I hope we can at least get a chance to play for a gold ball!

1 hour ago, coachinclinic said:

Ask the ranked 3 A teams Tellico Plains beat this summer, they stack up. Yes district is weak, region not so much. The 4th place team Midway, just gave Clarkrange big scare, Midway missed double digit free throws. They are deep past the two seniors. Couple of 5'11" freshman who can play now for anyone. North Green will also have something to say at the Boro! Obviously not being from the West these teams have no validity on here, but everyone that does their homework knows.

I think Tellico and Oneida make it this year. I don’t see anyone beating those two teams in the east. IMO

2 hours ago, gcfan2 said:

Yeah. I have followed Gibson County for about 20 years. Coach Wilkins definatly set a pretty tough summer and regular season schedule.  I just hope we don't lay an egg against a team that we clearly should beat or have one of our key players go down with injury.  I witnessed it about 2-3 years ago when Riverside pulled a huge upset in our gym in a substate game. That stung for quite a while. Still a lot of games to be played between now and then. We'll see.  I hope we can at least get a chance to play for a gold ball!

We pray every day for safety of all players not just ours and are thankful for what the man upstairs does for us daily. Yeah we could get beat by anyone but I believe the girls will play their best ball late like last year.These are senior led girls who will put it on the line. We played good ball last year against Greenfield when we got knocked out. Like you said, we lost a key post for the year last year that made us thin down low.

On 12/31/2018 at 7:32 PM, coachinclinic said:

If I remember correctly Tellico Plains had some really good teams around 2000-2004. So I know the fans that follow this school have seen some good basketball. It looks like they will undoubtedly host the substate game there barring a major upset so I like their chances of getting to the state tournament and once you get there ANYTHING can happen!  

23 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

If I remember correctly Tellico Plains had some really good teams around 2000-2004. So I know the fans that follow this school have seen some good basketball. It looks like they will undoubtedly host the substate game there barring a major upset so I like their chances of getting to the state tournament and once you get there ANYTHING can happen!  

I agree any thing can happen. Team with the most poise and holds their cool usually wins it or does well. 

Got a good game tonight as Dresden travels to McKenzie. Lady Rebels will get back Lilly Bennett (our best player) after she has healed up from her skiing accident. McKenzie has struggled playing on a consistent level since Christmas break. I know that Dresden was playing 7 to 8 players at one point, really hope that that they are a healthy squad now. McKenzie needs this game against a better opponent before district play begins. 

1 hour ago, rebelman101 said:

Got a good game tonight as Dresden travels to McKenzie. Lady Rebels will get back Lilly Bennett (our best player) after she has healed up from her skiing accident. McKenzie has struggled playing on a consistent level since Christmas break. I know that Dresden was playing 7 to 8 players at one point, really hope that that they are a healthy squad now. McKenzie needs this game against a better opponent before district play begins. 

Wondered where u been Rebelman!  

Mckenzie has been playing pretty well without Bennet haven't they?   Should be nothing but a positive going fward.   Good luck tonight

• Like 1