Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

7 hours ago, Not1toFwith said:

Well after last night I can honestly say that Summertown and Loretto are behind the 8ball in comparison to probably everybody else in the remaining schedule.    District 12A has 2 studs and the rest are horrible!   Summertown and Loretto will not be pushed other than playing each other until possibly region.   Gonna have to get a lot out of prac and when they play each other for sure......I've always liked beefing up our sched early and playing district games only after new yrs but it sucks this yr!    

Either way, Go lady Eagles

Collect district champs and go direct to sub state

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

They got beat by Clay County 44-39. That is the team that knocked them out of the Boro last year. I don't think there is a clear cut favorite this year. There are some good teams but all can get beat on any given day including us. 

I went to the Clarkrange/Clay County game last night and Clay Co. was the better team on this occasion.  I have said all along that Clay County is no joke and they will be a tough out come tournament time. They match up well against Clarkrange and in my opinon they have the best player in the district on this team in #10 (Strong). She’s a tough matchup for Clarkrange because she’s bigger stronger and just as fast as the twins.  They also have the best post player #23 (Arms) in the district which once again hurts Clarkrange. Clay is well coached and they are getting better.  I look for them to beat Pickett at home and the only game left on their schedule where they won’t be the favorite is at Clarkrange.  Having said all of that the number two seed coming out of the district 6A tournament will have a cakewalk to the regional finals and a substate  appearance.   There is absolutely no team in district 5A that will win a game in the region tournament so the 1-3 matchup in the regional semi finals will be a loser go home type of game and a really good team will be sent home. 

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

I went to the Clarkrange/Clay County game last night and Clay Co. was the better team on this occasion.  I have said all along that Clay County is no joke and they will be a tough out come tournament time. They match up well against Clarkrange and in my opinon they have the best player in the district on this team in #10 (Strong). She’s a tough matchup for Clarkrange because she’s bigger stronger and just as fast as the twins.  They also have the best post player #23 (Arms) in the district which once again hurts Clarkrange. Clay is well coached and they are getting better.  I look for them to beat Pickett at home and the only game left on their schedule where they won’t be the favorite is at Clarkrange.  Having said all of that the number two seed coming out of the district 6A tournament will have a cakewalk to the regional finals and a substate  appearance.   There is absolutely no team in district 5A that will win a game in the region tournament so the 1-3 matchup in the regional semi finals will be a loser go home type of game and a really good team will be sent home. 

So you are saying that one of Clay County, Clarkrange and Pickett County will not make it right?

10 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Great post! This was a great game.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:28 PM, pioneer42 said:

They got beat by Clay County 44-39. That is the team that knocked them out of the Boro last year. I don't think there is a clear cut favorite this year. There are some good teams but all can get beat on any given day including us. 

No they are not. Pickett County sent Clarkrange packing beating them in the 2nd round of the region tournament. Clarkrange did not go to Murfreesboro last year, nor did Clay Co go as they lost to Moore Co in the Substate.

Edited by bobcatfan300
added to it