Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

#22 is a fine young player but just a freshman. Greenfield has 2 better than her at this time! Maybe 3. Jackets are loaded!

Thank you, I love watching these girls play. Great group of girls and freshman Edie Darby would be the star on most teams. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan
Error

47 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Haven’t seen her play so don’t want to take one side or the other.  But an offer to a freshman is based on potential not the current player.  She can have the most potential but I have a hard time believing she is currently better the Moore from greenfield.  If she is she will win 4 miss basketballs 

I think you are right. Chloe Moore should win Miss Basketball this year and Tess Darby next year. 

• Like 1

If you could watch Karly on a regular bases, you'd understand why she's getting offers from SEC schools.  She will only get better and I would not trade her for any of the other Miss Basketball nominees.  The one main reason she is so good, is she makes her teammates better.  Loretto has very good players around her and this is why we've had such a successful season.  If she won Miss Basketball, it would not be because of potential, it would be she deserved it.   Loretto has a complete team for one to five.  We have two could be starters on the bench.   The nice thing about it, we bring everyone back and one of the best 3 point shooters Tidwell, will be back from knee surgery next year.

3 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Looks like Clark Range and Gibson County are the favorites to take the Gold Ball, both teams are playing lights out right now. Two powerhouse schools that have been there many times and both have great coaches. 

I am thankful to the good Lord to have watched these girls and I appreciate the compliment. I have said many times Greenfield is the champion until beaten. We have played well the last two games especially offensively, but Greenfield, Gleason, TCA, Dresden, Loretta, Clarkrange are all playing well too. We have to get out of here first, which is not a given. But I appeciate the compliment. Our girls are very fundamental and unlike some of the past GC teams don't have that star player or players but have several good players and just grind it out until the end.

• Like 1

There are several great teams in class A from all over the state. Some that don't get talked about as much as others but are just as capable of winning. I just wanna wish everyone good luck and I hope everyone stays injury free. IMO it's anybody's gold ball to win and everybody has a chance. Clarkrange, Clay, Greenfield, Gibson, Loretto, etc can win, and all can be sitting home watching. I for one am thankful to be a class A watcher this year because we are all in for some great games to watch

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1MustangFan said:

Yeah. Ok. They have 2 or 3 5’10” guards with multiple SEC offers that are ranked top 10 in their class? Can’t wait to see this team. 

Maybe do a little homework before posting.. Greenfield has 2 players that were Miss Basketball finalist last year. Maybe they don’t have SEC offers yet, may get them may not. But Miss Basketball is an award for your high school season not based on offers or who your daddy or brother is. Weathers is one of the best freshman players I have seen and I think her upside is crazy but don’t disrespect other players you have not even seen play.. I have seen Weathers play multiple times, she is definitely good but those two from Greenfield are very good also. If you were in the State Championship game last year like my daughter was, you could have seen them play. Loretto has a very good chance to make it to state and I expect them to as well as Greenfield. So maybe you will get an up close look at these 2... Good Luck to everyone, Single A basketball is loaded at the top... cat wait for this season to play out.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Timeslowdownplease said:

Hey CBballfan, if these 2 are as good as you say and no SEC offers yet, where do these 2 have offers from?  

I think Moore-McNeil has a Kentucky offer.  I’m not 100% sure on that.  I’m sure Darby has quite a few D2 and smaller D1 offers.  Those two can play.  Moore-McNeil is probably best player in state in Class A.  She is so quick to be a 6 foot guard!

17 hours ago, cbballfan said:

Maybe do a little homework before posting.. Greenfield has 2 players that were Miss Basketball finalist last year. Maybe they don’t have SEC offers yet, may get them may not. But Miss Basketball is an award for your high school season not based on offers or who your daddy or brother is. Weathers is one of the best freshman players I have seen and I think her upside is crazy but don’t disrespect other players you have not even seen play.. I have seen Weathers play multiple times, she is definitely good but those two from Greenfield are very good also. If you were in the State Championship game last year like my daughter was, you could have seen them play. Loretto has a very good chance to make it to state and I expect them to as well as Greenfield. So maybe you will get an up close look at these 2... Good Luck to everyone, Single A basketball is loaded at the top... cat wait for this season to play out.

Karly Weathers is a wonderful talent. I've only seen her play once, hard to judge a kid off one performance but I was very impressed. The Greenfield duo I've seen play 7 games this season. All three kids are super young players. Moore and old Darby are physically more mature than Weathers at this point. Karly needs to get stronger. Seems like she didn't crash to the rim as much as I would have liked to have seen. She shoots similiar to Moore, both shoot NBA threes. Both shoot the ball to low, need to get the ball over their heads. All 3 girls could use an extra step of speed. Young Darby may be the best pure basketball player of the bunch. She may be petite but she's a game changer. Greenfield has the most talented starting 5 I've seen this season.

22 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I think you are right. Chloe Moore should win Miss Basketball this year and Tess Darby next year. 

Don’t know if I agree with this statement.  If Moore is better this year then she’s more than likely going to be a little better next year. To say she should win it this year and Darby next almost makes it sound like there are a lot of politics to these awards.  Hmmmmmm...

btw...  the politics statement is not directed at you greenfieldfan! 

4 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Don’t know if I agree with this statement.  If Moore is better this year then she’s more than likely going to be a little better next year. To say she should win it this year and Darby next almost makes it sound like there are a lot of politics to these awards.  Hmmmmmm...

btw...  the politics statement is not directed at you greenfieldfan! 

All I care about is the Gold Ball. When Heather Butler didn't win it after what she did at GC I never took a lot of validity in this award.