Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

26 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Don’t know if I agree with this statement.  If Moore is better this year then she’s more than likely going to be a little better next year. To say she should win it this year and Darby next almost makes it sound like there are a lot of politics to these awards.  Hmmmmmm...

btw...  the politics statement is not directed at you greenfieldfan! 

Huntingdon had a quarterback a couple years ago that broke the all-time single season rushing record and still holds the record for most yards ever gained by a quarterback and didn't win Mr Football. Politics are not on the west side of the Tennessee River!

3 hours ago, Intense said:

I think Moore-McNeil has a Kentucky offer.  I’m not 100% sure on that.  I’m sure Darby has quite a few D2 and smaller D1 offers.  Those two can play.  Moore-McNeil is probably best player in state in Class A.  She is so quick to be a 6 foot guard!

Chloe is a great player, but does not have an offer from Kentucky. More along the lines of Murray State, Belmont, MTSU, UTM, UT-Chatt. etc... no high major offers yet.

Edited by GCPioneer

19 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Right now I don’t think there is a team in class A playing as good as Clarkrange. They just totally dominated the #10 ranked AA Cumberland County team on their own floor.  Last week they beat 6AAA District Champion Stone Memorial. Coach Rogers has his team peaking at the right time. #9 in 2019?  

Good team no doubt You know as well as me anything can happen up there. In 2010, we beat a good South Green team by 35 and the next day we had to come back down 19 to McMinn Central. I know here in West TN you can get beat any day. There is about 6 or 7 Clay Counties. We are taking 1 game at a time here.

2 hours ago, coachinclinic said:

Tellico Plains ranked #4 in AP poll, looks like somebody has seen them play. It's apparent nobody west of I-65 has. Good luck to everyone. I know strength of schedule has hurt them, not the girls fault, so don't be rude or ignorant.

Just because they are in a weak district doesn't mean they can't play. Lot of districts out there with teams that are not that good. This is a Single A class where nobody ought to be overlooked. Any body on a given day can be beat.

Edited by pioneer42

6 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Weathers is better than Chloe......plain and simple. NOW that's not taking anything from Chloe because she is great in her own right. But it's a BIG difference when one is a freshman and has SEC offers and one a junior and her offers are from the OVC.......

Chloe hasn't come out and said all of the offers she has received. All we know is that she has been offered by a couple of ovc schools MTSU and Bethel. I will see the Weathers kid play at Bethel for the 6A tournament. IMO Chloe should have offers from the SEC.