Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

47 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I can assure you karly is not the best player in Tennessee as a freshman. Now she may become the best player down the road, don’t get to carried away. It’s a different brand of ball in AAA. She would have a hard time starting for some of those premier AAA teams.

I would still take Chloe Moore or Tess Darby at this point.  

Chloe Moore is a Miss Basketball winner IMO. She actually won it last year showing everyone how good she was in the state. Butler showed out for GC going 70-1 and two Gold Balls and not winning it. Whoever wins it doesn't mean they are the best player that is for sure.

• Like 1

I will say this, Karly Weather's would definitely start on any AAA team in the state.  If you watch her enough, you'll see she's a difference maker.  It's not just her scoring average, but the assists, steals, rebounds and floor leadership she brings at this young age.   We all have different opinions on Miss Basketball,  but she's the deal and will only get better.  I'd take her as my choice.

Weathers would make Riverdale better.  She has had better training for a kid in this generation than any high school girl in Tennessee.  She probably won’t win the award this year but watch out the next 3 years. I don’t believe we have ever had a 3x winner of this award but she has a chance.  She is about as athletic as any girl in Tennessee and her mother has done a tremendous job training her skills.  In 4 years of starting in public basketball 3 years of middle school and 1 year of high school she is something like 89-5.  If I get first pick building a team in Tennessee she gets my pick.

7 hours ago, Timeslowdownplease said:

She has had better training for a kid in this generation than any high school girl in the state. She is about as athletic as any girl in Tennessee and her mother has done a tremendous job training her skills.  

You must not know the Darby sisters, no one has invested more time in their kids than the Darby’s. Karly will have competition for Miss Basketball someday from freshman Edie Darby. Tess is one of the best three players in class A this year.  

Chloe has the upper hand on Miss Basketball after the state tournament  last year.  Chloe is a complete player and very unselfish and can play major college ball.

Hopefully we will get to see a matchup with Loretto against Greenfield someday. I wish we could do a home and home with Loretto. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Weathers is a great player, I've said it all along... Loretto fans have obviously taken this to the extreme. She will have a great high school career, break some records, win Miss Basketball, and maybe win some state championships, but these guys have already marked her as the greatest to ever play basketball in Tennessee.... would she make any high school team better in Tennessee, absolutely. She's a really good player, but some of this other stuff is a bit extreme.

4 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Weathers is a great player, I've said it all along... Loretto fans have obviously taken this to the extreme. She will have a great high school career, break some records, win Miss Basketball, and maybe win some state championships, but these guys have already marked her as the greatest to ever play basketball in Tennessee.... would she make any high school team better in Tennessee, absolutely. She's a really good player, but some of this other stuff is a bit extreme.

Exactly why Miss Basketball should be a culmination of their entire high school career and not one season. Too many girls selected playing weak schedules but on here because they take every shot and average 20 plus points a game....how many have been and won state? If you can’t get your team out of regions how good are you really???

18 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Exactly why Miss Basketball should be a culmination of their entire high school career and not one season. Too many girls selected playing weak schedules but on here because they take every shot and average 20 plus points a game....how many have been and won state? If you can’t get your team out of regions how good are you really???

I would have no problem if they wanted to make it a senior award and based on what your career unfolds.  That's is not what it is based on.    The thing about the weak schedule is, you don't have a clue to the teams Loretto played in Alabama.  They have and would beat teams in Tennessee.  We've played Summertown 3 times and several of those teams would be on par with them, so if you respected Summertown as a quality team you would have had to respect at least 4 of the Alabama teams we've played.  I'm for pumping your player, but you don't have to run down a team or player that's been given a high honor.

18 minutes ago, gogold said:

I would have no problem if they wanted to make it a senior award and based on what your career unfolds.  That's is not what it is based on.    The thing about the weak schedule is, you don't have a clue to the teams Loretto played in Alabama.  They have and would beat teams in Tennessee.  We've played Summertown 3 times and several of those teams would be on par with them, so if you respected Summertown as a quality team you would have had to respect at least 4 of the Alabama teams we've played.  I'm for pumping your player, but you don't have to run down a team or player that's been given a high honor.

Loretta has always had a history of having good teams. I will say this. If she is better than Chloe Moore as a freshman, she is good. But Moore would get my vote alone on what she did in Murfreesboro last year and I think most people will vote for her because they will judge her the way she handled her team last year. IMO a Miss Basketball is how she plays on the big stage. The kid at Loretta I have heard is a player for sure but she is a freshman and I imagine many people will vote without seeing her play.

• Like 1

I’ve seen all 3 finalists play atleast 2 times this year and based on that I’d take Moore hands down. All 3 are good players but at this point in their careers I like Moore.  Also looking forward to a good old fashioned rivalry game tonight between Dresden and Gleason. I wonder how many times these 2 teams have met in the tournament over the years and what the point spread was. Seems like it’s always close!. I also think Greenfield will take care of UC. 

2 hours ago, gogold said:

First of all I don’t have a player in it. My point is there are lots of girls that have alot more accolades over their career than just good stats for one season. I also wasnt referring to just single A or even Karly. I was referring to all classifications. Second I know every team you have played in Alabama. I scout for several organizations and I can tell you Alabama Single A ball is not on par with Tennessee Single A ball. Maybe two out of your list could compete with the top teams in Tennessee. No doubt Karly is a good player and one of the best freshman currently but to claim she is the best in Tennessee is a load of manure. If you get to state and win it then you can come on here and claim she is the best in single A now. Miss Basketball is also not based on AAU rings and offers. Lots of girls have those so get over it. 

2 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

First of all I don’t have a player in it. My point is there are lots of girls that have alot more accolades over their career than just good stats for one season. I also wasnt referring to just single A or even Karly. I was referring to all classifications. Second I know every team you have played in Alabama. I scout for several organizations and I can tell you Alabama Single A ball is not on par with Tennessee Single A ball. Maybe two out of your list could compete with the top teams in Tennessee. No doubt Karly is a good player and one of the best freshman currently but to claim she is the best in Tennessee is a load of manure. If you get to state and win it then you can come on here and claim she is the best in single A now. Miss Basketball is also not based on AAU rings and offers. Lots of girls have those so get over it. 

If you know so much,  they were 4 A teams out of Alabama not 1 A. Five of those teams were ranked in Alabama's top 10 in 4 A.   Your the one knocking strength of schedule.   Max Prep ranks our strength of schedule comparable with all top teams  in Tennessee single A.  I never said Karly was the best player in Tennessee, but I do believe she's one of the best in single A and has deserved every honor she's got.  I do believe she can be the best in Tennessee before she through with her career.  She still has so much she can get better at in her game.  She's one of the most unselfish players of her caliber I've ever seen.   There are a lot of very good teams in single A that could stake their claim to this years gold ball and I think Loretto is one of them.