Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

Another classic between Dresden and Gleason tonight. Dresden came out hot and knocked down some threes to start the game, which helped them to lead by as many as 9 in the first half. When the shots weren't falling for Gleason they took the ball inside and got to the line. Free throws kept the lady bulldogs in the game. Every time Gleason would make a big play, Dresden would come right back and switch momentum to their side. Makayla Peterson did not play well for Dresden. She barely drove the ball to the basket. It seemed at times that Dresden settled for the three in the second half, instead of driving the ball or throwing it inside to Tinley Winn. Gleason was more aggressive which helped them to the line and knock down critical free throws. Both teams played tough hard nosed basketball and it was a great game to watch. These two teams will be tough outs come regional time.

On 2/9/2019 at 8:58 AM, westtnsportsfan said:

I’m really curious as to why you keep pushing this idea lol.  You are the only one it seems that acts like greenfield doesn’t deserve to be right up there with them.  They are the champs and until someone knocks them off they have to be right there. 

didn't Gibson Co. beat Greenfield this year?

Edited by cofo

3 hours ago, gogold said:

If you know so much,  they were 4 A teams out of Alabama not 1 A. Five of those teams were ranked in Alabama's top 10 in 4 A.   Your the one knocking strength of schedule.   Max Prep ranks our strength of schedule comparable with all top teams  in Tennessee single A.  I never said Karly was the best player in Tennessee, but I do believe she's one of the best in single A and has deserved every honor she's got.  I do believe she can be the best in Tennessee before she through with her career.  She still has so much she can get better at in her game.  She's one of the most unselfish players of her caliber I've ever seen.   There are a lot of very good teams in single A that could stake their claim to this years gold ball and I think Loretto is one of them.

Not to say the teams out of Alabama were bad or good. But Alabama has 7 classifications where Tennessee has 3 for basketball. This 4a schools down there would be 1a in Tennessee. 

8 minutes ago, Onetownguy said:

Not to say the teams out of Alabama were bad or good. But Alabama has 7 classifications where Tennessee has 3 for basketball. This 4a schools down there would be 1a in Tennessee. 

Exactly.....and to quote Max Prep is a joke when half the teams don’t even use it or report their scores. 

Edited by AllVolHere

44 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Another classic between Dresden and Gleason tonight. Dresden came out hot and knocked down some threes to start the game, which helped them to lead by as many as 9 in the first half. When the shots weren't falling for Gleason they took the ball inside and got to the line. Free throws kept the lady bulldogs in the game. Every time Gleason would make a big play, Dresden would come right back and switch momentum to their side. Makayla Peterson did not play well for Dresden. She barely drove the ball to the basket. It seemed at times that Dresden settled for the three in the second half, instead of driving the ball or throwing it inside to Tinley Winn. Gleason was more aggressive which helped them to the line and knock down critical free throws. Both teams played tough hard nosed basketball and it was a great game to watch. These two teams will be tough outs come regional time.

Refs controlled that game. 

34 minutes ago, Onetownguy said:

-Not to say the teams out of Alabama were bad or good. But Alabama has 7 classifications where Tennessee has 3 for basketball. This 4a schools down there would be 1a in Tennessee. 

Alabama does have 7 classifications and 5-A and 4-A in bama  would be like 2-A in this state based on school size.   Alabama 3,2,1  would fall into Tennessee 1-A.  

3 hours ago, BullShark said:

I have seen all three players play this season as well. I will not pick apart any of their games because they are high school girls that dont deserve any negativity from me. All i will say is that if I had a vote, i would vote for chloe moore as miss basketball. 

I wish they would do away with this award. Basketball is a team sport!

• Like 2