Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

42 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

TActually half of 5A falls under Tennessee 1A. The cutoff for Tennessee 1A enrollment is 480. 

You are right on enrollment,  the only team that was bigger was Muscle Shoals 658 enrollment.  Your earlier comment was Loretto had a weak schedule ranking on CoachT.  I still disagree with that ranking.   None of Loretto's wins in Alabama factor into this ranking.  You have  6-A Muscle Shoals in state regionals, Priceville in state regionals, Rogers in state regionals, and Deshlar in state regionals.  They win their region and they go to state final 4.  These teams are in their Sweet 16 right now.   The wins of these 4 teams is 96 and losses are 30.   That does not include Wilson who was 20-11 and Mars Hill 17-11.  I'm sure if Coach T factored these in we would be in at the very least top 15 of our schedule classification.  

2 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Another classic between Dresden and Gleason tonight. Dresden came out hot and knocked down some threes to start the game, which helped them to lead by as many as 9 in the first half. When the shots weren't falling for Gleason they took the ball inside and got to the line. Free throws kept the lady bulldogs in the game. Every time Gleason would make a big play, Dresden would come right back and switch momentum to their side. Makayla Peterson did not play well for Dresden. She barely drove the ball to the basket. It seemed at times that Dresden settled for the three in the second half, instead of driving the ball or throwing it inside to Tinley Winn. Gleason was more aggressive which helped them to the line and knock down critical free throws. Both teams played tough hard nosed basketball and it was a great game to watch. These two teams will be tough outs come regional time.

Great game! You get your money’s worth every time these 2 teams play . Dresden always plays good physical defense. Childress was great tonight. But Gleason just wouldn’t quit. Had chances to fold but didn’t.Atkins with a couple of big 3’s and Burton with big freethrows at the end. Looks like another Greenfield vs Gleason Championship. 

11 minutes ago, gogold said:

You are right on enrollment,  the only team that was bigger was Muscle Shoals 658 enrollment.  Your earlier comment was Loretto had a weak schedule ranking on CoachT.  I still disagree with that ranking.   None of Loretto's wins in Alabama factor into this ranking.  You have  6-A Muscle Shoals in state regionals, Priceville in state regionals, Rogers in state regionals, and Deshlar in state regionals.  They win their region and they go to state final 4.  These teams are in their Sweet 16 right now.   The wins of these 4 teams is 96 and losses are 30.   That does not include Wilson who was 20-11 and Mars Hill 17-11.  I'm sure if Coach T factored these in we would be in at the very least top 15 of our schedule classification.  

Easier to make regionals when there is less than 50 teams in your classification. Tennessee has 112 in each classification.

3 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Easier to make regionals when there is less than 50 teams in your classification. Tennessee has 112 in each classification.

We played Dresden, Gleason, Huntingdon, Crockett, Peabody, and Lexington this summer and the teams in the region that we played can play these teams.  I've come to the conclusion you've made up your mind on Loretto, so I'm wasting my time with this discussion with you.  Good luck to your team !

17 minutes ago, hoopfever said:

Great game! You get your money’s worth every time these 2 teams play . Dresden always plays good physical defense. Childress was great tonight. But Gleason just wouldn’t quit. Had chances to fold but didn’t.Atkins with a couple of big 3’s and Burton with big freethrows at the end. Looks like another Greenfield vs Gleason Championship. 

Dresden plays some of the best defense in region 7, it is right there with Gibson County and Peabody's  defensive pressure. Those 8 players that are on the lady lions squad play their hearts out each time they hit the floor. Gleason had many chances to quit but they just couldn't go away. They may not have the best individual talents on the floor, but the lady bulldogs work together as a team. Some big shots at the end by Atkins and free throws by Burton were huge. If I was a coach I would want a workhorse like Shelbie Burton, that young lady is like a Anriel Howard(current Mississippi state player) out there on the floor.   Childress for Dresden is a proven scorer and hustles after every lose ball. Every team would want a player like her playing for them.  

1 hour ago, AllVolHere said:

Refs controlled that game. 

That's a valid point. There were some calls made throughout the game that were called inconsistent on both sides. Gleason got away with some pushing and shoving on the defensive end but when Dresden did it they called the fouls. I sat on Dresden's side and some of the calls that the fans were griping about weren't even fouls at all. Personally one of the refs is known for being very inconsistent. We have had the same problem with him at McKenzie games like y'all did tonight with him. Gleason players were mad at the officials too so that tells you it was bad refereeing.  

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Greenfield did not play well in the first game. Struggled with a very average Union City for a half. They better pick it up. They're beat if they play like that again!

Greenfield missed a lot of open shots. They kept settling for jumpers instead of driving it to the basket. I thought the press rattled Union City the whole game.  If the lady jackets would have hit their open shots the score would have been worse.

2 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Dresden plays some of the best defense in region 7, it is right there with Gibson County and Peabody's  defensive pressure. Those 8 players that are on the lady lions squad play their hearts out each time they hit the floor. Gleason had many chances to quit but they just couldn't go away. They may not have the best individual talents on the floor, but the lady bulldogs work together as a team. Some big shots at the end by Atkins and free throws by Burton were huge. If I was a coach I would want a workhorse like Shelbie Burton, that young lady is like a Anriel Howard(current Mississippi state player) out there on the floor.   Childress for Dresden is a proven scorer and hustles after every lose ball. Every team would want a player like her playing for them.  

I agree. Burton has really stepped up the last half of season. Big time rebounds tonight. On the Dresden side, West needs to turn Peterson loose. I seen her playing in AAU and when she was at Clarksburg. When she goes it is hard to stop that little girl. Calls just wasn’t going her way tonight. Childress maybe one of the best 2 spot in 1A. Regions is going to be hard to beat at UTM. A shame TSSAA doesn’t align one of the Weakley County schools in District 11.

27 minutes ago, gogold said:

We played Dresden, Gleason, Huntingdon, Crockett, Peabody, and Lexington this summer and the teams in the region that we played can play these teams.  I've come to the conclusion you've made up your mind on Loretto, so I'm wasting my time with this discussion with you.  Good luck to your team !

You taking what I say wrong and you can’t judge anything by summer camps. Our coach doesnt even play his starting 5 together at camps. Yall did beat us by 6 at Bethel and our PG didnt even play that game. Loretto is a very good team and definitely should make it to the M’boro. I just don’t see where they have played a schedule like Greenfield, Dresden, Gleason, or Gibson County. Good luck to the Lady Mustangs. I hope everyone makes it there healthy so we can see who the best is!

15 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

I agree. Burton has really stepped up the last half of season. Big time rebounds tonight. On the Dresden side, West needs to turn Peterson loose. I seen her playing in AAU and when she was at Clarksburg. When she goes it is hard to stop that little girl. Calls just wasn’t going her way tonight. Childress maybe one of the best 2 spot in 1A. Regions is going to be hard to beat at UTM. A shame TSSAA doesn’t align one of the Weakley County schools in District 11.

Tbh idk how I feel about him as a coach. Feels like he yells at the girls for making mistakes the whole game rather than actually coach. Anna Comer's senior year, Clarksburg came to our place and ended our season in district play. The one person that single handily beat us was Mikayla Peterson. When she gets going you cant stop her.  If West would let her drive the ball more, than it opens up so many opportunities for Dresden to score. If she drives than you can kick it to an open shooter or dump it off to Winn for a layup. The whole reason she went to Dresden was to get better and possibly play ball in college. But, she hasn't improved in games that I have seen. Childress is an amazing player, is she a senior? I would like to see Gleason aligned with District 11. The lady bulldogs are much better competition for Huntingdon, McKenzie and Clarksburg. Plus I think Gleason would be an interesting matchup with Summertown and Loretto in regional play. 

Edited by rebelman101

9 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Tbh idk how I feel about him as a coach. Feels like he yells at the girls for making mistakes the whole game rather than actually coach. Anna Comer's senior year, Clarksburg came to our place and ended our season in district play. The one person that single handily beat us was Mikayla Peterson. When she gets going you cant stop her.  If West would let her drive the ball more, than it opens up so many opportunities for Dresden to score. If she drives than you can kick it to an open shooter or dump it off to Winn for a layup. The whole reason she went to Dresden was to get better and possibly play ball in college. But, she hasn't improved in games that I have seen. Childress is an amazing player, is she a senior? I would like to see Gleason aligned with District 11. The lady bulldogs are much better competition for Huntingdon, McKenzie and Clarksburg. Plus I think Gleason would be an interesting matchup with Summertown and Loretto in regional play. 

Childress is a junior. She will be a beast next year too. She got that first step that is hard to defend. They do alot to only have 7 girls on that team. Only losing 1 senior and have a huge crop of incoming freshmen next year. I think Peterson has came along way since she moved to Dresden. She still averaging around 12ppg and 6 or 7 assist every night. She wasnt getting them assist at Clarksburg. Ball control and fundamentals has really improved for her this year (not sure West had anything to do with that). She got several schools looking at her but I have not heard if she has gotten any offers yet. Washburn is lights out when she hitting.

• Like 1