Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

Great game between Clay County and Clarkrange tonight. Clarkrange wins in OT. Banked in a 3 with 3 seconds left. Not the worst thing that could happen to Clay though. The road to the state tournament is a lot easier on their side of the bracket. So the  region semi final between Pickett/Clarkrange will be a loser go home matchup. Clay will most likely play our 4th seed who should beat District 5’s 1 seed but should Whitell somehow pull off the win Clay will beat them easily and Region 4 doesn’t have any teams that can beat anyone coming out of Region 3 in a substate game so you have to like their chances of being back at the glass house. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Great game between Clay County and Clarkrange tonight. Clarkrange wins in OT. Banked in a 3 with 3 seconds left. Not the worst thing that could happen to Clay though. The road to the state tournament is a lot easier on their side of the bracket. So the  region semi final between Pickett/Clarkrange will be a loser go home matchup. Clay will most likely play our 4th seed who should beat District 5’s 1 seed but should Whitell somehow pull off the win Clay will beat them easily and Region 4 doesn’t have any teams that can beat anyone coming out of Region 3 in a substate game so you have to like their chances of being back at the glass house. 

I know Geography plays a role but why are there 8 teams in 6A and 4 in 5A? 4 team districts make some Regional Tournaments almost unnecessary. Red Boiling Springs finished 5th and would have probably won district 5. 

Also why was this Tournament played at White County? There is no team from there in this district and only one team is in a border county (Monterey). If you are going to play neutral site in a larger HS gym why not Macon or Smith? At least there are teams from that county there and several border those. The only teams that would have to travel to far are Clarkrange or Pickett? 

Edited by Khall555

On 2/19/2019 at 12:36 AM, Khall555 said:

I know Geography plays a role but why are there 8 teams in 6A and 4 in 5A? 4 team districts make some Regional Tournaments almost unnecessary. Red Boiling Springs finished 5th and would have probably won district 5. 

Also why was this Tournament played at White County? There is no team from there in this district and only one team is in a border county (Monterey). If you are going to play neutral site in a larger HS gym why not Macon or Smith? At least there are teams from that county there and several border those. The only teams that would have to travel to far are Clarkrange or Pickett? 

I have wondered why White County myself. The tournaments use to be played at Livingston. I'm not sure but i think that would be more in the middle for most all the teams. There was plenty of seating and parking. I'm not sure why the change. 

3 hours ago, Ringmaster17 said:

I have wondered why White County myself. The tournaments use to be played at Livingston. I'm not sure but i think that would be more in the middle for most all the teams. There was plenty of seating and parking. I'm not sure why the change. 

Maybe they wanted some where different but White seemed like an odd choice. It’s a nice facility and if the district was hosting the Regional this year would have been perfect. It’s just strange given that Sparta is south of all these teams. Really only 3 of the teams remaining in both boys and girls (Clay, Pickett, Clarkrange) were going to bring a crowd with them anyway. 

2 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Maybe they wanted some where different but White seemed like an odd choice. It’s a nice facility and if the district was hosting the Regional this year would have been perfect. It’s just strange given that Sparta is south of all these teams. Really only 3 of the teams remaining in both boys and girls (Clay, Pickett, Clarkrange) were going to bring a crowd with them anyway. 

I’m pretty sure that something happened with the venue at Livingston so the location had to be changed.  White County was the next best option. It would make for bigger crowds if the tournament was still held at Livingston that’s for sure. 

3 hours ago, gogold said:

Now the fun begins !  In a few days there's going to be some really good teams sitting at home waiting on next year.  Good luck to all teams in Regions !

Pack your bags and book your rooms Loretto! Yall are in with smooth sailing. Only way yall don’t make it past regions is if the refs foul you out in first quarter.

7 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

Pack your bags and book your rooms Loretto! Yall are in with smooth sailing. Only way yall don’t make it past regions is if the refs foul you out in first quarter.

Thanks for the pub, but it's one game at a time.  Hey, since you and I are Big Orange fans, was the Kentucky game a good loss for our Vols ?  I think it maybe,  we were getting everyone's best and now the pressure is off.  I think Barn's didn't mind it. He can now get the Vols to return to hard nose defense and team ball.

• Like 1