Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

13 hours ago, ashelton52 said:

GC vs. Greenfield will be on Victory 93.7 and i believe Vick said they will be back on 95.1 again as well.  Praying all come out of this game healthy.  Really want to see both in state and hopefully meeting in the end!!

Yes, my friend Robin Cude will have the call on Victory 93.7. Our broadcast of Greenfield-Gibson Co. will be on Mix 101.3 tonight at 6:30 with the pre-game. If you are out of the area, download the Thunderbolt Radio App, available in the App Store, to hear it anywhere. Games on all 4 of our stations are always available on the app.

8 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

It happens to the best of them. Congrats on a good year!! We survived a scare Saturday Night ourselves. Our district has four teams that are not good at all and we have to play them 8 times and we don't play well at all after we play them. But we can't control it. Sounds like you guys need to beef up the non-district schedule.

I'm not a TP fan.

I'm from 3-A.

Great game between Greenfield and Gibson County. Greenfield came out on fire and went up 13-0. We got it back to 3 deep in the 4th, but couldn't ever get the lead. I'd like to see a part 3 to this matchup and hopefully it'll happen in the Boro. Congrats on the Region championship going to Greenfield. GC...we're not done yet and we're still alive. 

13 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

Great game between Greenfield and Gibson County. Greenfield came out on fire and went up 13-0. We got it back to 3 deep in the 4th, but couldn't ever get the lead. I'd like to see a part 3 to this matchup and hopefully it'll happen in the Boro. Congrats on the Region championship going to Greenfield. GC...we're not done yet and we're still alive. 

I hope we see GC again, i’m pulling for you. GC has a classy bunch of fans. 

Very good game. Greenfield came out firing up 16-3. After Gibson County settled in, it got very interesting. I think down the stretch it came down to a few second chance opportunities and GC allowing Greenfield to pretty much win the game from the line. I'm still pro-shot clock. But teams need to adjust to the stall tactic.

Edited by dmm88

20 minutes ago, WestTNbballFan said:

Defending State champs flexed their muscles tonight. Greenfield came out strong and forced GC to fight back all night long. GC is a very good but too much talent on Greenfield. Gotta love West TN girls basketball. Still work to be done in substate games but should be great representation at the Boro.

GC would have never beat them three times in a row. Loss is not the end of the world for GC. We shot the ball very poorly both games at UTM. Lucky to beat Peabody actually. Congrats to Greenfield. They hit us in the mouth and we never recovered. GC has got to start playing faster. Played way too slow tonight. Defensively we are not playing the same either. Got to get it figured out quick.

Edited by pioneer42

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

GC would have never beat them three times in a row. Loss is not the end of the world for GC. We shot the ball very poorly both games at UTM. Lucky to beat Peabody actually. Congrats to Greenfield. They hit us in the mouth and we never recovered. GC has to got to start playing faster. Played way too slow tonight. Defensively we are not playing the same either. Got to get it figured out quick.

I agree with everything said... a bigger court changes the game which may affected our defense (didn’t get the turnovers we’d normally get with our press)... Regardless, Greenfield played well and deserved the win. It would make for a good story line to settle a 3 game series between Gibson and Greenfield in the state championship!