Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

1 hour ago, AllVolHere said:

Watched Clarksburg at Jamboree Saturday. I think they might surprise some in your district. A lot of speed on that team. Dont get me wrong by no means do I think they get past regionals but if they put 4 quarters together they might upset somebody in the district.

Yes they may catch some teams on their off night. They didn't lose much off of last years team. They gave us problems in the 3 games that we played them 

The champions out of 8A will always be a tough out. It’s a 3 horse race this year with Clay County as the favorite along with Clarkrange and Pickett County. No one else is even worthy of mention in 8A.  It’s a definite possibility that 2 of these 3 teams could make it to the semis of the state tournament. Beyond that it’s too early to tell. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

I don't really know how Clark Range should be the favorite this year but everybody is entitled to their opinion. Greenfield has two Miss Basketballs returning and the state coach of the year but we like being the underdog.  Good luck to Clark Range, maybe we will get a chance to play you this year. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

17 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I don't really know how Clark Range should be the favorite this year but everybody is entitled to their opinion. Greenfield has two Miss Basketballs returning and the state coach of the year but we like being the underdog.  Good luck to Clark Range, maybe we will get a chance to play you this year. 

Hey old friend how are ya?  We’ve made it to another year!  Maybe you misunderstood me I didn’t say they were the favorite just one of the favorites out of 8A to make it there and they definitely have the talent to win it if they get a few breaks.  There are 3 really quality teams over here (Pickett Co. Clay Co. and CR) to battle it out for the right to go to the Region finals but anything past that is pure speculation.  How about over in your neck of the woods?

Edited by UCSportsFan

3 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

What do yall think so far about this year? Who are the best teams? What team maybe a sleeper come tournament time?

If Edie Darby makes it back to 100% Greenfield should make it back to Murfreesboro. They dont have much off the bench with the seniors gone. I think Dresden will scrap their way back. Loretto and maybe Summertown??? If there is a sleeper I think it might be Peabody.