Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

29 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Dresden only had six players of which 3 were sick or injured. It was also their second game with only a hour rest before they played Clarkrange who was on fresh legs and 20 deep on the bench. With all their players and healthy it would have been a better game but they still would have gotten the W. Not taking anything from Clarkrange. If they are not at Murfreesboro I would hate to see the team that keeps them from there. Imagine a team with 10 Fuller girls but these all can shoot and handle the ball. They are legit! West Tn better pay attention and not underestimate them!

Glad to know Dresden ain't that bad. Would love to see Clarkrange play. Sounds like my kind of team. Love speed, layups are a pretty high percentage shot.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:28 PM, Croppygenius said:

Greenfield has 3 ball players. After that they look pretty shaky. Looked to me the supportive cast is not near as good as last season.

You must not have seen Greenfield play, we are going to be just fine. Young players will step up and accept their roles, its rare for a class A team to have 3 division 1 players but Greenfield does.  Cant figure out why Huntingdon dropped us off their schedule this year but I guess Huntingdon thought going 24-0 was more important.  You got to play us sooner or later. We will continue to play AA teams and in the toughest district in the state. We wont go undefeated but we will be ready come tournament time.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

You must not have seen Greenfield play, we are going to be just fine. Young players will step up and accept their roles, its rare for a class A team to have 3 division 1 players but Greenfield does.  Cant figure out why Huntingdon dropped us off their schedule this year but I guess Huntingdon thought going 24-0 was more important.  You got to play us sooner or later. We will continue to play AA teams and in the toughest district in the state. We wont go undefeated but we will be ready come tournament time.

Great post! The fillies were scared that they were going to lose. We scheduled up this year by adding Greenfield and Dresden. Greenfield played a very good schedule last year and will again this year. Huntingdon had the talent to win state last year but their light schedule hurt them.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, AllVolHere said:

Yes they are. Seen them at the Bethel camp. They looked really good then.

I know we have not heard much of district 12, but I have got to believe Summertown and Loretto need to be in this conversation.  Both teams are young and they'll be bringing back everyone next year too, but they will make some state noise this year.   I know Loretto got to play some of west Tennessee's best this summer and Bethel's camp and came out on top.  They were a last second shot away of putting Huntingdon out in last year in region semis.   Don't let anyone feel sorry for ole Summertown for losing several seniors, they just reloaded with 2 really good transfers and the very good talent that was coming back.   These 2 may both be in the state this year.

42 minutes ago, gogold said:

I know we have not heard much of district 12, but I have got to believe Summertown and Loretto need to be in this conversation.  Both teams are young and they'll be bringing back everyone next year too, but they will make some state noise this year.   I know Loretto got to play some of west Tennessee's best this summer and Bethel's camp and came out on top.  They were a last second shot away of putting Huntingdon out in last year in region semis.   Don't let anyone feel sorry for ole Summertown for losing several seniors, they just reloaded with 2 really good transfers and the very good talent that was coming back.   These 2 may both be in the state this year.

Summertown will be in the Point Guard Classic at Gibson County Friday and Saturday. Always good to have some Middle Tennessee teams in our tournament. I think Summertown has Gibson County and USJ on Friday and Saturday. Look forward to watching them.

7 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

What happend to younger Darby? Heard she got hurt. Hate to hear that. 

19 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Summertown will be in the Point Guard Classic at Gibson County Friday and Saturday. Always good to have some Middle Tennessee teams in our tournament. I think Summertown has Gibson County and USJ on Friday and Saturday. Look forward to watching them.

They love to press and push the ball.  They get after you on defense.  Their style is different than last year.  New coach, Catie Embry, is a good one.   The two sophomores Campbell and Brazier are even better this year and the transfers Woods and Long are good.   Should be some good games.  Keep us up on the games with some good info.  

39 minutes ago, gogold said:

They love to press and push the ball.  They get after you on defense.  Their style is different than last year.  New coach, Catie Embry, is a good one.   The two sophomores Campbell and Brazier are even better this year and the transfers Woods and Long are good.   Should be some good games.  Keep us up on the games with some good info.  

Gibson County will be a good team. We beat Gleason by 17 and Union City by 17 and played some freshman late in both games. We will be better later in the year as we were last year, IMO. We play Greenfield tomm.. Night. Yeah it is a big game early but we beat Greenfield or they beat us really don't matter until February. We press a lot and have been playing up tempo a lot so far. Still early. We lost our biggest post last year before tournaments and she is back but hasn't played her best yet. Still early.

Edited by pioneer42

Well I went to the Huntingdon and Lexington game tonight and I was not impressed with the fillies. You could really tell that they are missing a true point guard. Lexington's best player went for 20 or 22 points but she scored on easy layups and jumpers. Huntingdon true weakness was their post play and the point guard position (two things they lost from last year). This team will get better as the season goes on but they must improve these areas.