Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

12 hours ago, gogold said:

They love to press and push the ball.  They get after you on defense.  Their style is different than last year.  New coach, Catie Embry, is a good one.   The two sophomores Campbell and Brazier are even better this year and the transfers Woods and Long are good.   Should be some good games.  Keep us up on the games with some good info.  

Summertown is also coming to Westview for a Saturday night date next month. Will have that broadcast. Where did Woods & Long transfer from?

On 11/19/2018 at 2:28 PM, Greenfieldfan said:

You must not have seen Greenfield play, we are going to be just fine. Young players will step up and accept their roles, its rare for a class A team to have 3 division 1 players but Greenfield does.  Cant figure out why Huntingdon dropped us off their schedule this year but I guess Huntingdon thought going 24-0 was more important.  You got to play us sooner or later. We will continue to play AA teams and in the toughest district in the state. We wont go undefeated but we will be ready come tournament time.

Saw y'all play USJ. How many points was scored that wasn't scored by a Moore or Darby? Supporting cast is much weaker than last year. If y'all get in foul trouble you got problems. As far as the Fillies I wouldn't worry to much about them. No depth, no point guard. Got trounced by a very average Lexington team. Fillies are a weak team fundamentally. They're not going to beat a solid team.

17 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

What happend to younger Darby? Heard she got hurt. Hate to hear that. 

Edie fractured her foot and will be out tonight and probably several games,  she’s wearing a boot. This early in the year It may and probably will effect tonight’s outcome but it will make us better down the road by giving other girls playing time.  We aren’t going undefeated with the schedule we have but that’s not the ultimate goal. It should be a great game. 

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Edie fractured her foot and will be out tonight and probably several games,  she’s wearing a boot. This early in the year It may and probably will effect tonight’s outcome but it will make us better down the road by giving other girls playing time.  We aren’t going undefeated with the schedule we have but that’s not the ultimate goal. It should be a great game. 

Hope she gets better. We went through that last year. Won't everyone to play full staff. Prayer I pray every minute. We will see what happens tonight. Even though your down one, you will still be tough. Early season games are fun but you know it is how you are gelling in February and you guys did that last year well.. Good luck on the season brother!!

Edited by pioneer42

29 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Congratulations to Gibson County. 42-37.  

Appreciate it brother. You guys have little Darby you probably win that game. We played good defense but we had multiple TO's and shot the ball poorly. Give Greenfield credit with their defense and i thought their young girls played well to be freshman and will be in good shape with more experience in February. We are thankful for the win and hoping it will give us some confidence going forward. I think we had a little mental block against you guys.

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Appreciate it brother. You guys have little Darby you probably win that game. We played good defense but we had multiple TO's and shot the ball poorly. Give Greenfield credit with their defense and i thought their young girls played well to be freshman and will be in good shape with more experience in February. We are thankful for the win and hoping it will give us some confidence going forward. I think we had a little mental block against you guys.

I knew this coming in before the season, you guys should have not too much of a problem climbing up in our district. Peabody girls just don’t have the aresenal that they’ve had the past two years. 

45 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I knew this coming in before the season, you guys should have not too much of a problem climbing up in our district. Peabody girls just don’t have the aresenal that they’ve had the past two years. 

Peabody played well tonight against our girls (even though we played like trash). We missed a lot of lay ups and had too many mental mistakes.  You held our best scorer to only 4 points so that's a plus.

43 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Peabody played well tonight against our girls (even though we played like trash). We missed a lot of lay ups and had too many mental mistakes.  You held our best scorer to only 4 points so that's a plus.

We did. A lot of young girls out there though. Future is bright I see but it’ll be an uphill battle with GC