Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

On 11/27/2018 at 9:51 PM, GCPioneer said:

This team has played nowhere near what they're capable of, and they're still winning games against the defending state champs and state runner-up....

Saturday's game against Westview will be fun to watch... if we keep turning the ball over like we have, Westview will beat us 15+... if we take care of it, it'll be a ball game.

I see Gibson Co as a very well coached great defensive squad. They do a very good job of taking care of the ball. Offensively your a little slow and not a great shooting team. Very solid team. Best 1a team west of the river right now. If little Darby can come back 100% that could change.

Gibson County is one of the better defensive squads I have seen this year. I think the turnovers will improve as they continue to play together. Peabody has surprised me so far as they beat McKenzie by 3 and only lost to Greenfield by 4. Dresden has disappointed me so far the way they have played this year, but maybe they can turn it around. So at this point in the year Gibson County is the team to beat in the west.

10 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I see Gibson Co as a very well coached great defensive squad. They do a very good job of taking care of the ball. Offensively your a little slow and not a great shooting team. Very solid team. Best 1a team west of the river right now. If little Darby can come back 100% that could change.

Not a great shooting team? All 5 players on the floor at any time can shoot the ball.........

Peabody is a team to watch, was supposed to be way down this year with everything they lost off last year's squad. They're 4-1 right now with good wins over good teams and only loss vs. Greenfield and had chances late to beat them. This is a very young and inexperienced team, (6/7 soph playing) haven't played anywhere near great yet, but if they're winning games now with not playing very well, I will be anxious to see how they play come January with Coach Hart making them better as the season goes on. He's one of the best around.. GC and TCA are by far favorites with everything they return, but I'd watch out come January and February for this Peabody team. 

BTW agree with GCpioneer, GC has several kids that can shoot it last time I saw them. 

25 minutes ago, BABABA said:

Peabody is a team to watch, was supposed to be way down this year with everything they lost off last year's squad. They're 4-1 right now with good wins over good teams and only loss vs. Greenfield and had chances late to beat them. This is a very young and inexperienced team, (6/7 soph playing) haven't played anywhere near great yet, but if they're winning games now with not playing very well, I will be anxious to see how they play come January with Coach Hart making them better as the season goes on. He's one of the best around.. GC and TCA are by far favorites with everything they return, but I'd watch out come January and February for this Peabody team. 

BTW agree with GCpioneer, GC has several kids that can shoot it last time I saw them. 

I saw some of TCA's game this past weekend here at Gibson - they aren't as good as last year. Macy Lee and the other guard are pretty good, but they really miss the other Lee that was in the post. 

21 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Not a great shooting team? All 5 players on the floor at any time can shoot the ball.........

Not saying y'all can't shoot the ball. I just don't see great shooters. Strength of your team is your defense and taking care of the ball. That will win you a lot of games. The Farris Fillies will be lucky to get the ball past mid-court on y'all !

18 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Not saying y'all can't shoot the ball. I just don't see great shooters. Strength of your team is your defense and taking care of the ball. That will win you a lot of games. The Farris Fillies will be lucky to get the ball past mid-court on y'all !

I agree. They a good free throw shooting team..... different set of refs and that game could of have had a different outcome considering 26 of their points were free throws. I expected it to be a 30 point game after seeing who was reffing and with Dresden only having 7 dressed out for the game. GC’s strength is they have numbers and are healthy right now. They keep a fresh 5 on the floor. Bass is the only real shooter I seen they have so far. A lot of season left for everyone to improve. 

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:09 AM, rebelman101 said:

Gibson County is one of the better defensive squads I have seen this year. I think the turnovers will improve as they continue to play together. Peabody has surprised me so far as they beat McKenzie by 3 and only lost to Greenfield by 4. Dresden has disappointed me so far the way they have played this year, but maybe they can turn it around. So at this point in the year Gibson County is the team to beat in the west.

Dresden has disappointed you so far??? The Lions are injury/sickness ridden & are dressing out 7 players at this point & one of those is in a boot outside of basketball so you might as well say 6.5 players. I thought they played great against GC considering that GC has played way more games & Dresden only had 7 players. Those 7 gave GC all they wanted & only lost by 10.

I have really been impressed with Mckenzie, not saying they are the best team around, just wanted to comment on the improvement they have made, they have a legitimate shot of winning their district. GC,TCA,Peabody all look solid ,with GC already posting very impressive wins !that’s going to be a great district tournament this year. Greenfield obviously is still very very good once they get healthy. Moore and Darby sisters are very impressive. I look for Dresden to settle in and be very good come tournament time. Not much talk about Gleason, with Atkins and a healthy Anderson they could be scary by the end of the year.Coach Stephenson will have them ready. Should once again be the toughest region top to bottom in the state.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

These Fillies are young girls that work hard everyday to get better. And I think you got it wrong they are the Huntingdon Fillies.  

8 hours ago, bluegoldbbfan said:

These Fillies are young girls that work hard everyday to get better. And I think you got it wrong they are the Huntingdon Fillies.  

I agree our girls work very hard but they're not being taught good fundamental basketball. How much better have our girls gotten since they were freshmen? You have to be solid with the basics.