2018-2019 8AA

tnhoosier

16 minutes ago, scatback said:

That team from Macon is still got the better players. Note I didn't say team. Yet.  If legend don't win it's his own doing. 

Legend. I've herd for a couple of years now how great a coach the Macon girls coach is. What qualifies him as such? Only been back in TN 4 years so not bashing just asking.

Edited by UTRok

I will say this when UHS goes to Macon you better get there early as it will be packed. With so much on the line and such a lopsided win loss record the last dozen or more years. They will be loaded for bear. IMHO opinion if they don't get it this year it may be ugly as UHS is younger than Macon and have solid players coming in next year from middle school.

Edited by UTRok

Has anybody actually checked the stats from the game? All these people claiming “selfish” play, do you realize the other three starters shot a combined 1-20 in the game for Macon? These are high school girls doing their best to win. Quit analyzing so much and let them play. Did Carter and Gregory take some bad shots? Absolutely, but after looking at he stats the other players didn’t contribute when given plenty of opportunity.

This game was lost purely because of coaching. That is not really a knock at Larry, as he is a very good coach. It is a compliment for Dana. She has proven she is a great coach and she got the better of Larry last night. I suspect there will be a couple of more matchups between these two teams this season. Let’s see if Larry makes any adjustments or not.

Well after the first round of district play is complete last week here’s my two cents on things. 

1. Macon is very well coached and strong but not deep. They could contend for a State Championship this season. The loss to Upperman was unexpected to me. 
  2. Upperman is another team that’s very well coached but not as strong as they have been in years past. When it gets tournament time they will be in the mix. I didn’t see them beating Macon but they did. 
  3. Dekalb in my opinion is playing a little better than to be expected. I think they are talented but not as well as other teams in the district. Hopefully They didn’t peak to early. 
  4. Livingston is another team that’s coached well but the talent level at this time is not as strong as it has been. They could definitely be a spoiler in the district to someone by years end. 
  5. York has two of the top players in the district but continue to lay egg after egg. I feel like the caliber of coaching is a lot of the problem there. 
  6. Cannon unfortunately is the biggest disappointment in the district. This team is very talented and at the same time very inconsistent from one game to the next. Which falls on the shoulders of the coaching staff. 
  7. Smith isn’t as talented as years past. They also have a new coach which I feel will have them headed in the right direction very soon. Especially after the game against Dekalb. 
  8. Watertown is probably the youngest team in the district along with their coach. It will take them a couple years to get things headed in the right direction in a very competitive 8AA district. Where they could pull an upset any given night. 
Edited by 8aabasketballfan