2018-2019 8AA

tnhoosier

4 minutes ago, repoman said:

if White and Stone can Macon and Upperman can

I agree that they can, but one thing was not in play for white or stone. Home game, post season atmosphere #1 and #2 seniors that have a lot of wins last potential game. I would not want to face Dishman in the go home game this year. I know UHS and MC CAN both win, I did not say they couldn't. I think they both can, but will definitely be tough in an EXTREMELY TOUGH atmosphere once they get to that game. 

New poster here, 

I have seen Cumberland play many games this season and they are very good. My daughter plays for a feeder school and we attend many games. I have watched basketball in the upper Cumberland region for about 30 years. Cumberland will struggle mightily vs Macon and Upperman. They probably would match up better with Upperman and I expect a similar result as last season. I have seen York, DeKalb, and Macon play this year and can safely say all 3 would go undefeated in Cumberland’s district if they were in Cumberland’s position. Macon wouldn’t even have to play it’s starting lineup vs most of 7AA (seriously they could play Carter, Gregory and 2 others 4-5 vs some of those teams and win by 30) DeKalb would destroy most of those teams and York would win the district championship. 7AA is absolutely the worst district in the state outside of Cumberland. It’s that bad. 

Cumberland’s only chance to advance is at home vs Upperman. Because if they meet Macon in an elimination game they are going to struggle mightily. So the district championship game is critical more to Cumberland than Macon.

I love watching Dishman play and she the best pure shooter/scorer I have seen since Sunday Watson, but the team wins or losses with Addison Wilson vs a good team.

Note: I am a Macon County Native and most of my family lives there. I will note in another thread people may want to look at the entire history of girls Basketball in Lafayette before commenting on it. Macon would have had 4 state championships if they existed in the 50’s and produced not only the best player in the history of the state but arguably in the history of the sport. Nera White never lost a high school game in her career I think. They lost to CPA that was recruiting heavily in all sports and had to go to division 2 to avoid probation. The other 2 championship game losses were to great teams and in other year they would have won.

11 hours ago, Khall555 said:

New poster here, 

I have seen Cumberland play many games this season and they are very good. My daughter plays for a feeder school and we attend many games. I have watched basketball in the upper Cumberland region for about 30 years. Cumberland will struggle mightily vs Macon and Upperman. They probably would match up better with Upperman and I expect a similar result as last season. I have seen York, DeKalb, and Macon play this year and can safely say all 3 would go undefeated in Cumberland’s district if they were in Cumberland’s position. Macon wouldn’t even have to play it’s starting lineup vs most of 7AA (seriously they could play Carter, Gregory and 2 others 4-5 vs some of those teams and win by 30) DeKalb would destroy most of those teams and York would win the district championship. 7AA is absolutely the worst district in the state outside of Cumberland. It’s that bad. 

Cumberland’s only chance to advance is at home vs Upperman. Because if they meet Macon in an elimination game they are going to struggle mightily. So the district championship game is critical more to Cumberland than Macon.

I love watching Dishman play and she the best pure shooter/scorer I have seen since Sunday Watson, but the team wins or losses with Addison Wilson vs a good team.

Note: I am a Macon County Native and most of my family lives there. I will note in another thread people may want to look at the entire history of girls Basketball in Lafayette before commenting on it. Macon would have had 4 state championships if they existed in the 50’s and produced not only the best player in the history of the state but arguably in the history of the sport. Nera White never lost a high school game in her career I think. They lost to CPA that was recruiting heavily in all sports and had to go to division 2 to avoid probation. The other 2 championship game losses were to great teams and in other year they would have won.

A very knowledgeable and true post. One of the most interesting things about macon is im pretty sure they don't have a senior on the team. Very,very,impressive for a young team.

23 hours ago, repoman said:

The real season starts now, Macon is happy they finally beat Upperman,  Upperman is probably satisfied they won a co - district championship. So at this point in season, who is the real winner? Macon who is supposed to win it all ,or Upperman who was supposed to be in a reload/ rebuild phase. Now is when it will get even better, tournament time. 

Macon is still a young team to,not a senior on the team

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Wow, Upperman Macon and Meigs all three have no seniors, and all three are top teams in 2A, that’s a lot of young talent.

Yea too bad, they all in same sectional wish one could go east tenn ,one middle tenn and one west tenn. then battle out at the glass house.

Edited by repoman

On 2/8/2019 at 1:51 PM, Play 4 Fun said:

Macon won the toss and will be the #1 tourney seed. Smith won the toss and will be the #7 seed in the tournament.

flip has been made lets have some fun , did the coin flip really matter? or who came out on the better side of the flip ,Macon or Upperman?