2018-2019 8AA

tnhoosier

District 7AA is Finished plus a little scouting report

1. Cumberland (very good team that could advance out of the regional)

2. Bledsoe (average but capable of winning a game vs some 8AA teams)

3. Sequatchie (not good but could scare a team for a half)

4. Grundy (maybe one of the worst teams in AA)

Edited by Khall555

analysis from last night: Upperman- Dekalb , Tigers just aren't quick enough to beat the Bees  , Upperman very stagnant offense not very good point guard or passing guard play can't see the floor .Dekalb couldn't really get open to score.   York  had Macon where they wanted turning point was third quarter , York would break the press and have the numbers and they would pull it up and wait for Macon to get back on defense, not good coaching. then of course silly fouls by key player and the chance of upset out the door for York . I do think 3 or 4 seed can beat 7aa 1 ,2 seed and 8 aa could sweep region, it could happen.

10 minutes ago, repoman said:

analysis from last night: Upperman- Dekalb , Tigers just aren't quick enough to beat the Bees  , Upperman very stagnant offense not very good point guard or passing guard play can't see the floor .Dekalb couldn't really get open to score.   York  had Macon where they wanted turning point was third quarter , York would break the press and have the numbers and they would pull it up and wait for Macon to get back on defense, not good coaching. then of course silly fouls by key player and the chance of upset out the door for York . I do think 3 or 4 seed can beat 7aa 1 ,2 seed and 8 aa could sweep region, it could happen.

I think 3 or 4 could beat the 2 seed but I don’t realistically think they could beat CC at home.  But 8AA could definitely take both advancing spots in the region.  Either top teams could beat CC.

3 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I think 3 or 4 could beat the 2 seed but I don’t realistically think they could beat CC at home.  But 8AA could definitely take both advancing spots in the region.  Either top teams could beat CC.

I don't know ,has somebody gotten hurt at Cc? Scores lately seem to be struggling, Bledsoe game was close close I hear. and I don't think Bledsoe is a top 4 team in 8 aa.

24 minutes ago, Indian said:

Lots of missed shots up close for Cumberland last night, and unforced mistakes. Give a lot of credit to Bledsoe for leading at the half but if CC doesn’t play better they may get run off the court by a Macon or Upperman. CC had a hard time with Bledsoe’s post and some physical play. 

then better hope they dont play York in region first round probably worse matchup for C.C. than Dekalb.. And Uhs is on life support right now offensively slowly sinkin ,and Macon is very beatable, but they do have experience. and if  Dekalb can get open and hot they can shoot.  

Edited by repoman

26 minutes ago, repoman said:

then better hope they dont play York in region first round. just sayin.

Cumberland had a outbreak of the flu (Dishman, Wilson) according to the coach and are just now recovering. Mainly for the games vs Stone and Clarkrange. They lost a player vs Sequatchie but I do not know if she will be back. Cumberland has one major issue and it is depth, they really only play 7.

If healthy Cumberland has had no issues with York this season. It’s the only 8AA team they have played. They won 73-33 the last time they played. I would think they they win by double digits.

DeKalb would not be a good matchup for Cumberland. I think Cumberland would win but it would be very close and I would not be surprised if DeKalb won. 

Edited by Khall555

1 hour ago, repoman said:

then better hope they dont play York in region first round probably worse matchup for C.C. than Dekalb.. And Uhs is on life support right now offensively slowly sinkin ,and Macon is very beatable, but they do have experience. and if  Dekalb can get open and hot they can shoot.  

How exactly is UHS offense on life support slowly sinking?   The point guard is a freshman.  Exactly how many UHS games have you seen?  I sure wouldn’t base my opinion on the first game for UHS in district play coming off a double bye. 

Edited by Lakers1977

DeKalb is pretty good defensively,  but their offense against good teams is not very good at all. At times to get their best players involved the coach should run a few more set plays. Just an observation,  just like you said Repoman. They can't get open, don't screen well enough and to much pressure on ball to see anything.  Played hard last night. They hung with  a chance to pull of the upset. We will beat York, they got 2 real good players,  one that loses her cool all the time. Kicker though is they are poorly coached.  Good luck Tigerettes.