2018-2019 8AA

tnhoosier

1 hour ago, Lakers1977 said:

How exactly is UHS offense on life support slowly sinking?   The point guard is a freshman.  Exactly how many UHS games have you seen?  I sure wouldn’t base my opinion on the first game for UHS in district play coming off a double bye. 

freshman or not Upperman has some really good players and few picture perfect athletic kids. I seen them play couple times ,I see head down dribbling, no kickout to shooters after offensive penetration ,I see no passes to cutters across middle of a zone. I see forced layup blocks, point guard is supposed to make everyone better around them, I just did not  see that last night,I see to much passing around the perimeter and kids scared to death to shoot or take control. eventually u have to have offense. It cost them at Macon from what I heard , I got some dry land in a holler in Clay county u interested in buy-in some?  maybe coaches watched some film and will make some adjustments, just an unbiased observation. 

19 minutes ago, repoman said:

freshman or not Upperman has some really good players and few picture perfect athletic kids. I seen them play couple times ,I see head down dribbling, no kickout to shooters after offensive penetration ,I see no passes to cutters across middle of a zone. I see forced layup blocks, point guard is supposed to make everyone better around them, I just did not  see that last night,I see to much passing around the perimeter and kids scared to death to shoot or take control. eventually u have to have offense. It cost them at Macon from what I heard , I got some dry land in a holler in Clay county u interested in buy-in some?  maybe coaches watched some film and will make some adjustments, just an unbiased observation. 

bye in sports (and certain other competitions) refers to organizers scheduling a competitor to not participate in a given round of competition, due to one of several circumstances.

15 hours ago, Khall555 said:

District 7AA is Finished plus a little scouting report

1. Cumberland (very good team that could advance out of the regional)

2. Bledsoe (average but capable of winning a game vs some 8AA teams)

3. Sequatchie (not good but could scare a team for a half)

4. Grundy (maybe one of the worst teams in AA)

It’s sad that district 7AA is this weak the past few years. That being said teams like this advancing to the region when the 8 seed in 8AA could beat all but CC any given night and are sitting at home. 

I’m almost smelling the dust from a good ole sweeping. I think 8AA has real good shot of sweeping the region. From looking at CC scores recently they haven’t been playing so hot. I wouldn’t want to see a York coming to CC to play and even DC when the offense is efficient. Either way CC is gonna have it tough the first round so I wouldn’t count DC and York out just yet on advancing. 

44 minutes ago, MCFAN3 said:

I’m almost smelling the dust from a good ole sweeping. I think 8AA has real good shot of sweeping the region. From looking at CC scores recently they haven’t been playing so hot. I wouldn’t want to see a York coming to CC to play and even DC when the offense is efficient. Either way CC is gonna have it tough the first round so I wouldn’t count DC and York out just yet on advancing. 

I have seen 5 of the 8 remaining Regional teams play and Cumberland is better than York and DeKalb. Granted Cumberland’s illnesses have weakened them but they are better than York. It’s not like Stone and Clarkrange are push overs and the flu outbreak caused those games to be blowout losses. Anyone taking Cumberland for granted is going to be surprised. 

Edited by Khall555

5 hours ago, 8aabasketballfan said:

It’s sad that district 7AA is this weak the past few years. That being said teams like this advancing to the region when the 8 seed in 8AA could beat all but CC any given night and are sitting at home. 

I agree but 5 teams and 8 teams in the districts are just poorly managed by the TSSAA. York should be in 7AA and then it’s a 6-7 split. York could do well in 7. Marion could even be moved to 6 and Upperman in 7AA and then it’s 6-6

8AA is a ridiculously strong traditional district. 4 teams have State Championships (really 5 of you included all of Macon’s history) along with multiple runner ups with all but Smith and Watertown. Whereas no one in 7AA has ever made a State Tournament. Tradition plays a part in 

Edited by Khall555

Chattanooga Christian and Notre Dame moving out affected the size of the 7-AA group. You also had Signal Mt in previously before Cumberland moved in. I understand Cannon wanted to go 7-AA but was turned down. Kind of borderline but not too far from Grundy and Seq. Doubtful York and Upperman would want to risk losing big money games with traditional rivals. 

Without going into it too much, four classes would solve a lot of problems. It's especially needed with all the charter and/or magnets, whatever they're being called as they start up, adding basketball. 

Roughly 1-400, 401-750, 751-1200, 1201 and up 

Edited by Indian

8 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Cumberland had a outbreak of the flu (Dishman, Wilson) according to the coach and are just now recovering. Mainly for the games vs Stone and Clarkrange. They lost a player vs Sequatchie but I do not know if she will be back. Cumberland has one major issue and it is depth, they really only play 7.

If healthy Cumberland has had no issues with York this season. It’s the only 8AA team they have played. They won 73-33 the last time they played. I would think they they win by double digits.

DeKalb would not be a good matchup for Cumberland. I think Cumberland would win but it would be very close and I would not be surprised if DeKalb won. 

So CCHS suffered from the flu during the two losses from Stone and Clarkrange? Wow that's a new one. During the boys game with Clarkrange I had a good long conversation with Coach Miller, who I have known for about 17 years, and no mention of the flu. Only just looking over the stats and where they came up short and could improve. No excuses. I certainly hope Dishman and Wilson were not allowed to play having the flu. Not just because of safety issues for other players with it being spread, but for their health. Surely, an aunt/coach, parent, athletic director, etc would not want to risk the health of these kids by letting them play with the flu. Also, during the Stone game I believe it was said on Coach T that Dishman had 35 of the 55 points?? Got them while having the flu? Either the flu had no effect on her game or it did and that's why they lost? Which is it?  

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

I have seen 5 of the 8 remaining Regional teams play and Cumberland is better than York and DeKalb. Granted Cumberland’s illnesses have weakened them but they are better than York. It’s not like Stone and Clarkrange are push overs and the flu outbreak caused those games to be blowout losses. Anyone taking Cumberland for granted is going to be surprised. 

I don’t think either one would take them for granted. Nor am I saying CC isn’t a good team because they are. However, DC and York are teams that are very capable of beating CC on their best night, so I wouldn’t be surprised if CC were to get beat the first round. 

3 hours ago, Ringmaster17 said:

So CCHS suffered from the flu during the two losses from Stone and Clarkrange? Wow that's a new one. During the boys game with Clarkrange I had a good long conversation with Coach Miller, who I have known for about 17 years, and no mention of the flu. Only just looking over the stats and where they came up short and could improve. No excuses. I certainly hope Dishman and Wilson were not allowed to play having the flu. Not just because of safety issues for other players with it being spread, but for their health. Surely, an aunt/coach, parent, athletic director, etc would not want to risk the health of these kids by letting them play with the flu. Also, during the Stone game I believe it was said on Coach T that Dishman had 35 of the 55 points?? Got them while having the flu? Either the flu had no effect on her game or it did and that's why they lost? Which is it?  

I believe I read something in the Chronicle regarding the Stone game- a quote from Coach Miller- saying she told her girls to own it because they were simply outplayed. Nothing about the flu. Interesting that now, two weeks later, it was “flu.”

11 minutes ago, buc1973 said:

I believe I read something in the Chronicle regarding the Stone game- a quote from Coach Miller- saying she told her girls to own it because they were simply outplayed. Nothing about the flu. Interesting that now, two weeks later, it was “flu.”

She said it on the radio during the Boys game the other night more like “flu like symptoms”