2018-2019 8AA

tnhoosier

45 minutes ago, mofojoe said:

Im not saying at all Macon will beat upperman the next time they play but I am going to say,it's not a sure thing upperman will beat macon. The coach for upperman will get some grey hair the next couple of years cause macon doesn't lose a single player it could go either way and she is not use to that .All I know is its going to b very interesting to watch and the for sure thing is gone bye.bye

Upperman loses no one either.  They have 2 juniors, 4 sophomores, and 4 freshmen. 

On 2/19/2019 at 9:21 AM, repoman said:

Can Dekalb beat Cumberland County? I think they can if they don't try to run with em,play good help side defense ,hope Cchs is off shootin from outside and shoot like they are capable and key players, scorers don't get in foul trouble.  Dishman will get her points.  It will be a tough task for Dekalb. 

Yes, yes they can. 

50 minutes ago, twopairsofgloves said:

Yes, yes they can. 

What surprised me is that we did run with them. In fact she called her press off early in the second quarter because we were getting such easy shots. I think I only saw it a couple of times after that but not on every possession like in the first quarter. 

Edited by dctiger

20 minutes ago, dctiger said:

What surprised me is that we did run with them. In fact she called her press off early in the second quarter because we were getting such easy shots. I think I only saw it a couple of times after that but not on every possession like in the first quarter. 

Blowing out valley teams and leaving players in to get hurt in garbage time cost them. Hope the lack of development of younger players leads to some pay back in the valley next year. 

Very surprised they came off the press. 

It's KARMA for Miller and her lack of respect for the game and the opponent.  She has no one to blame but her lack of game management for that lose.  In game adjustments especially in the last 2 minutes will make or break you every time.   Congrats to Dekalb for taking advantage of the situation.   She will have to change her agenda since operation 3000 came up short.  

Macon and Upperman will continue to be tough to deal with. DeKalb is getting up there and I wouldn't expect Livingston to be down for long.  7-AA should be up for grabs next year. Whoever wins will probably still be an underdog to advance out of the region but regardless you work to get better, go as far as you can, and maybe grab an upset if things go your way that night. 

17 hours ago, Lakers1977 said:

Upperman loses no one either.  They have 2 juniors, 4 sophomores, and 4 freshmen. 

I know and that's not what I was saying. Let me make it a little clearer the days of a guarantee for upperman to beat macon are slim im not saying they wont beat them but it could go either way and it will not b easy for years to come.

10 minutes ago, mofojoe said:

I know and that's not what I was saying. Let me make it a little clearer the days of a guarantee for upperman to beat macon are slim im not saying they wont beat them but it could go either way and it will not b easy for years to come.

It will be a little closer to guarantee after next year!  Losing Carter will be huge.  

20 minutes ago, Lakers1977 said:

It will be a little closer to guarantee after next year!  Losing Carter will be huge.  

I don't disagree with that but still another year to have her and I think macon has some athletic and talented soph and fresh that will surprise a lot of folks when the opportunity to play comes