2018-2019 8AA

tnhoosier

2 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

True that the best DC player has been out for season with injury? 

Agee was definitely starting to find her stride when she tore her ACL. It is a shame she is not healthy enough to play right now giving DC one more playmaker. I would agree with DCTiger in that she and Ferrell have comparable talent with different strengths. Next year she will help offset the loss of Brown's scoring. Having both she and Walker back will make the squad more athletic. I wouldn't go so far as to say DC is now on even playing field with Upperman and Macon but the gap has narrowed. Coach Fish is doing a great job of getting the girls to compete harder and become more connected on the defensive end. 

13 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

Good if you are Macon, bad if you are anyone else in the district and region.  Macon just needed to get over the hump and finally beat Upperman.  They did that and in dominate fashion twice.  The monkey is gone and there shall be a new king crowned this year.  

Don’t crown them state champs just yet  I’d say they have maybe a 20 percent chance of winning it right now  maybe 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

Good if you are Macon, bad if you are anyone else in the district and region.  Macon just needed to get over the hump and finally beat Upperman.  They did that and in dominate fashion twice.  The monkey is gone and there shall be a new king crowned this year.  

Wait now, slow your roll haha. This is a different team from last year, and I don't think they're better this year than last. Their lack of size will be hard to overcome when they play those west tn teams. They have a chance because of the talent of the starting 5. But with no bench, it is gonna be tough to get back to the champ game much less win it.

1 hour ago, CharlieTweeder said:

Just wow, you do realize this probably was the worst Upperman "team" in the last 5 yrs.

3 hours ago, ButwhatdoIknow said:

Wait now, slow your roll haha. This is a different team from last year, and I don't think they're better this year than last. Their lack of size will be hard to overcome when they play those west tn teams. They have a chance because of the talent of the starting 5. But with no bench, it is gonna be tough to get back to the champ game much less win it.

Agree totally.  The loss of Bullington has hurt more than most will admit.  Anyone that knows the game should have realized that her presence alone in front of the rim is what allowed the guards to be able to pressure the ball as much as they did.  If they got beat up top, big deal.  There was a 6 foot long- armed girl they had to contend with before they got all the way.  All the gambling has cost them at times and created a number of 2 on 1 situations for layups against better teams.  Without her all of the defense has to be on the same page at all times to pick up cutters and make sure backside help is there.  

And will also agree that they are not a better team than last year.  They play too fast at times and force too much instead of working for the best shot they could get.  Although that has improved since Christmas.  

I will say that Macon seems to be playing well lately and look better when all of the girls are contributing.  The Ashburn girl has really began to shoot the ball good lately and they have been doing a good job of finding her.  Just hope it continues.  If it does, they will be a tough out for anyone.

Edited by tssaafan

5 hours ago, DCRealist said:

Agee was definitely starting to find her stride when she tore her ACL. It is a shame she is not healthy enough to play right now giving DC one more playmaker. I would agree with DCTiger in that she and Ferrell have comparable talent with different strengths. Next year she will help offset the loss of Brown's scoring. Having both she and Walker back will make the squad more athletic. I wouldn't go so far as to say DC is now on even playing field with Upperman and Macon but the gap has narrowed. Coach Fish is doing a great job of getting the girls to compete harder and become more connected on the defensive end. 

Well said. We will still have a good 1-2 punch even after losing Brown. And the rest of this years sophomores may step up in a big way to fill out the depth too. 

9 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

True that the best DC player has been out for season with injury? 

No, she is not the best player. Would definitely be a good piece to the puzzle. Ferrell by far best player on the team. Brown a close 2nd, Brown will be missed a total team player. Agee in my opinion will be really suited with next year's bunch when we lose Parsley,  Robinson,  and Brown. 

On 2/26/2019 at 3:43 PM, repoman said:

Just wow, you do realize this probably was the worst Upperman "team" in the last 5 yrs.

Yes everyone is well aware that Akira graduated last year, making this the worse team in the past 5 years.  My point is there are other teams that are young in the district and region and no one is scared of the big bad wolf anymore.  Macon and Dekalb showed that this year!

On 2/26/2019 at 3:11 PM, ButwhatdoIknow said:

This Macon team has improved at every position besides their post play.  With the type of offense they run and the type of defense they play, BIGS are no concern to them.  They will press a team the whole game and make it very difficult to score.  On offense, they will beat you down the court and get easy baskets.  You force them to shoot outside, no problem!  Before you know it, the game is 15 to 20 points out of reach.  I'm not sure how much you have seen Macon play this year, but I would take their defense against anyone's in the State!  Ask Meigs if you don't believe me.  ButWhatDoIKnow?